PDA

View Full Version : Car cover penalty in Lucas Oil

Tireguy17
02-10-2015, 05:47 PM
Long overdue!! I applaud them for doing this.
Per Dirt on Dirt racewire for tonight's race @ East Bay.
No covering wheel openings or rear of car while in the pits. If they choose to, the car must weigh 50# more. Teams will get 1 warning.

ClampedUp
02-10-2015, 05:57 PM
No covering wheel openings or rear of car while in the pits. If they choose to, the car must weigh 50# more. Teams will get 1 warning.

Well that's easy to get around......
Just pull the car in the hauler or up on the lift gate or have the crew positioned around the car.

MBR Performance
02-10-2015, 06:15 PM
Adding 50lb isn't enough of a penalty. If you don't want them to have it then just make it illegal to have no if, ands or buts

lrnvlFan1w
02-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Why?

I don't understand why this is a good rule?

Should be allowed to cover your car if you want to. Only ones that need access is Crew and Officials.

Deep_pockets
02-10-2015, 06:39 PM
Blackford, why are you here?

ride height
02-10-2015, 06:41 PM
I dont get it? Why are they doing that rule? I wouldnt want everybody seeing my hard work and money figuring out "fast" on display. What am i missing? Maybe there is a good reason.

Highside Hustler25
02-10-2015, 06:46 PM
common practice. they all do it

seifertfan2
02-10-2015, 06:48 PM

Why is this long overdue? Why dont they just call this the Bloomer rule, cause we all know who its targeting. I know what I would do now and thats just rope off my pit area so only the crew is near the car. I guess covering the car is an unfair advantage now. Its your car and if you want to cover it then by all means cover it.

Deep_pockets
02-10-2015, 06:55 PM
The world doesnt revolve around Bloomer. This has been a common rule everywhere for years. It helps make things self policing. They are also not going to allow you to rope off your pit area.

Josh Bayko
02-10-2015, 06:55 PM
If I had to guess, though, I'd bet the rule is in place to limit "exotic" suspensions, but it's going to have the opposite effect. Now that the everyman will be able to see what's under the national stars' cars, they'll be wanting to get the very same thing.

I think overall that the rule is silly, but if Lucas thinks it'll make their tour better, more power to em, I guess.

Josh Bayko
02-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Well that's easy to get around......
Just pull the car in the hauler or up on the lift gate or have the crew positioned around the car.

Wrenching on the car on the liftgate has disaster written all over it.

Highside Hustler25
02-10-2015, 07:00 PM
You'll now see everyone backing their car into the pit stall. Guys will park next to each other even more than before. I don't see it as a big deal.

Necrosis
02-10-2015, 07:04 PM
Sooooo stupid. Anyone care to guess what custom made covers cost? And then how much will BGR's popularity rise when people see that Bloomer has Brian Gray Racing stickers all over his suspension?

Highside Hustler25
02-10-2015, 07:09 PM
Sooooo stupid. Anyone care to guess what custom made covers cost? And then how much will BGR's popularity rise when people see that Bloomer has Brian Gray Racing stickers all over his suspension?

still obsessed with BG I see

plunks7
02-10-2015, 07:18 PM
add a zero to it make it 2 zeros for the zero car lmao

He already does: One on the left and one on the right. Wake up!!!:)

Barbecueboy
02-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Blackford, why are you here?

I think it all started back at Woodstock when his mom first met his dad after they both took a sip of the mushroom tea.

As for the actual details on the rest of the story that fateful night,that's probably a little to private to be shared with the likes of you and your pill bottle full of screen names at this time.

Necrosis
02-10-2015, 07:29 PM
still obsessed with BG I seeBro, just because I photoshopped his face onto Antonio Banderas' naked body, does not mean I'm obssesed. It just means I have good taste!

Necrosis
02-10-2015, 07:53 PM
and you are smoking something also"Something" implies a singularity. This suggestion offends me. Are you to accuse me of not being able to afford multiple substances? OH THE IRONY.

Highside Hustler25
02-10-2015, 07:54 PM
Bro, just because I photoshopped his face onto Antonio Banderas' naked body, does not mean I'm obssesed. It just means I have good taste!

Ok,:DThat was a good one.lol

hpmaster
02-10-2015, 07:57 PM
It's the end of dlm racing!

Didn't I see you walking around Brooklyn NY. in 1991 with the "world ends on Wednesday" sign?

hpmaster
02-10-2015, 08:02 PM

Now that is just plain wrong, funny but wrong

chupp n bloomer fan
02-10-2015, 08:04 PM
So how's this work? Whine enough about some BS and you get your way. The tech guys and crew are all that need to see the car. Anyone else's prying eyes better just do their homework. Others do this too, but we all know who it's targeted at. Just a dumb rule. Let's not do actual tech, let's outlaw car covers.;) So we can tattle tale on one another like grade school.

Highside Hustler25
02-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Back to topic, why does this rule need to be in place anyway? If it is shocks they're worried about, can't it be policed in the staging area prior to the race?

chupp n bloomer fan
02-10-2015, 08:07 PM
Back to topic, why does this rule need to be in place anyway? If it is shocks they're worried about, can't it be policed in the staging area prior to the race?
It can all be policed. Tech the dam car.

Necrosis
02-10-2015, 08:20 PM
I'm going to take a gander that none of you folks are exceptionally good at darts? Seems more like a horsehoe crowd. And this is not intended as an insult. Think it through, I know C&Bfan will get it.

swartzman
02-10-2015, 08:25 PM
Unless you know how someone has the 4 bar brackets on their car then you really do not know what bar angles they are running for sure anyway... plus the fact that people use different mounting points on the cages.. so its still a guessing game.. but like someone said, tech the cars like should be doing anyway.

Bubstr
02-10-2015, 09:32 PM
This sounds like a fix for a lazy or uninformed tech crew. The real question, should be, is it really good for the sport to stop innovation? Do you want cookie cutter race cars like NASCAR?

Brian Gray
02-10-2015, 09:53 PM
It's for fans. They want people to be able to look at high tech race cars. Not yoga mats being hung around to play mind games.

_keith_
02-10-2015, 10:58 PM
I think it all started back at Woodstock when his mom first met his dad after they both took a sip of the mushroom tea. As for the actual details on the rest of the story that fateful night,that's probably a little to private to be shared with the likes of you and your pill bottle full of screen names at this time. Nobody cares what U "THINK" U are the reason they put directions on shampoo bottles....I doubt U know about shampoo.......

chupp n bloomer fan
02-10-2015, 11:53 PM
what are they afraid of you still have to have luck and and good wheelmanNot afraid of anything. If you're Bloomer or Lanigan or whoever, if you found a little something, why should you have to leave it in plain sight for the world to see? It's your dam car. Let the tech guys see it, everyone else, do your homework.

Nasty55
02-11-2015, 12:21 AM
Not afraid of anything. If you're Bloomer or Lanigan or whoever, if you found a little something, why should you have to leave it in plain sight for the world to see? It's your dam car. Let the tech guys see it, everyone else, do your homework.

I agree with you 100% CNB Fan this has got to be the dumbest fukn rule ive ever seen or heard of... H3ll if ya design something new and don't want to show it to the world you shouldn't have to.. The only people who should see it are the crew and the tech people but nooooooo they have to go and throw this dumbazz rule out there now....

JCSullivan00
02-11-2015, 05:22 AM
What about when it's cold? It's pretty standard practice to cover up the back half of the car and direct a heater underneath.

pink floyd
02-11-2015, 05:28 AM
we simply stand around the car and deter people. we always have one person on watch and have never needed a tarp.

*Bandit*
02-11-2015, 05:54 AM
Do you think it will stay enforced? Was it in the rule book at the beginning of the season Oh wait this is the beginning of the season. I think a lot of the drivers will complain and it will go by the way side eventually but I guess we will see.

ClampedUp
02-11-2015, 06:10 AM
This sounds like a fix for a lazy or uninformed tech crew. The real question, should be, is it really good for the sport to stop innovation? Do you want cookie cutter race cars like NASCAR?

No, it sounds like a rule made for the lazy whiny azz drivers and teams that don't put the time in the shop and track testing and trying to come up with their own speed secrets and expect someone else to do the work for them.

MI Dirt Fan
02-11-2015, 07:09 AM
You'll now see everyone backing their car into the pit stall. Guys will park next to each other even more than before. I don't see it as a big deal.
I think most already do?

cgrace
02-11-2015, 07:57 AM
pits are place of business other businesses won't let competitors in their shops to c stuff y should drivers stupid rule just tech the cars other crews check tires take photos all kinds of crap shouldnt be allowed

hpmaster
02-11-2015, 08:16 AM
Funny how the same guys that say a chassis doesn't make a differance and that it is all the driver are now crying about the big boys not being able to cover up their "secrets."

mdizzle
02-11-2015, 08:17 AM
so now they'll just leave shocks off and not adjust till closer to race time and will see more tires on cars in the pits.

SuperEight
02-11-2015, 08:20 AM

Dumbest rule ever.

So how's this work? Whine enough about some BS and you get your way. The tech guys and crew are all that need to see the car. Anyone else's prying eyes better just do their homework. Others do this too, but we all know who it's targeted at. Just a dumb rule. Let's not do actual tech, let's outlaw car covers.;) So we can tattle tale on one another like grade school.
I could not agree more with you on this. I liked it back in the 90's when everybody had covers with the sponsors on it, more exposure. It was also cool trying to get a glimpse under a car before the crew could throw the cover on. The tech guy and the crew are the only ones who need access under the car, everybody else should have to pay a protest fee. Whats funny is on the video from Golden Isles after Landers broke a wheel they zoomed in on the broken left rear and you could see under his Sweet/Bloomquist car and it was surprisingly basic, the opposite of exotic. Made me laugh at how much it reminded me a lot of the last Barry Wright Bloomquist drove, in 1997!! Haters gonna hate and whiners gonna stay in the tech mans ear.

hpmaster
02-11-2015, 08:26 AM
So now you will spray paint the underside of your car camoflage in random paterns of flat black, grey and brown.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-11-2015, 08:29 AM
No, it sounds like a rule made for the lazy whiny azz drivers and teams that don't put the time in the shop and track testing and trying to come up with their own speed secrets and expect someone else to do the work for them.Most definitely. He's doing this, he's doing that, eww, you better take his car covers away. LMFAO

hpmaster
02-11-2015, 08:32 AM
If you are worried about what your competitors are doing, you are likely the guy missing things like a bad heim or a bent ball joint anyways.

FlatTire
02-11-2015, 09:02 AM
lol, this is good stuff. Cover or not, just how many times did our boy Bloomer run his FRIC system thru tech and they had no clue what they were looking at??? and thats with the freaking covers off!!! <----This is the real issue.

Somebody found out about what Bloomer was doing last fall when he got on a roll, got mad because they were getting beat, then ratted Bloomer out. During the offseason somebody gave the tech man a little schooling and they were all set to catch the big bad Black Sunshine. The trap was set before Golden Isles even began.

Outlawing/penalizing the car covers won't make the whiner who got all this started any faster! If they ever want to get ahead of technology, the tech man needs to be as smart & as knowledgeable as the best racer. I haven't seen one yet who is.

race21j
02-11-2015, 09:53 AM
As the rule states no corving the rear wheels or back of the car.Try this it covers the whole car. The crews could always say that they are afraid of rain.

wheelpackin
02-11-2015, 10:32 AM
This has got to be the stupidest thing I have heard of. Not sure why it matters if your car is covered or not. All cars must pass through Tech Inspection anyways. And for all you Bloomquist haters...He isn't going anywhere for quite a while.

Barbecueboy
02-11-2015, 10:54 AM
As the rule states no corving the rear wheels or back of the car.Try this it covers the whole car. The crews could always say that they are afraid of rain.

I can see somebody like bub McCool putting a fog machine under his stuff to keep prying eyes away from his set up..........the rule is stupid.

Classic , BANDaid knee jerk reaction........not very well thought out.

W2Racing09
02-11-2015, 10:55 AM
I can see somebody like bub McCool putting a fog machine under his stuff to keep prying eyes away from his set up..........the rule is stupid.

Classic , BANDaid knee jerk reaction........not very well thought out.

Maybe Bloomquist will jump ship and run the WoO. Would love to see that.

Thanks,
Jeff.

bullring
02-11-2015, 11:04 AM

Thanks,
Jeff.

I was thinking the same thing. Bloomer has no problem switching series of he doesn't like the officiating.

Kwd1253
02-11-2015, 11:07 AM
This has got to be the stupidest thing I have heard of. Not sure why it matters if your car is covered or not. All cars must pass through Tech Inspection anyways. And for all you Bloomquist haters...He isn't going anywhere for quite a while.I agree with that lol. You think he will build a team or teams and be there crew chef when he gets out the car?

Kwd1253
02-11-2015, 11:09 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Bloomer has no problem switching series of he doesn't like the officiating.If he does they should just give him the championship when does lol.

Tireguy17
02-11-2015, 11:12 AM
As the originator of this thread I will tell you my thought and opinion, since everyone else is speculating on the reason for the rule change as well......

1. The covers, especially the tarps some use, look ridiculous. Its 1 thing to get the nice wheel and rear enclosure covers, its another to use a tarp or pit mats leaned up against the car. I think LO is trying to clean up the appearance of the pits more than anything. With more TV races and the exposure it brings, the more you want to clean the presentation of the product up.

2. How much do teams REALLY look at the competitions cars? They are all soo entrenched in prepping their own cars and tires, and keeping up with the track, that how much do they venture out to look? Soo do the covers do anything but add a sense of "what's going on under their car?"

3. You all act like in the evening during the races, their are spotlights under the cars and the covers kept everyone from seeing everything going on. Next time you are at a local race, look at a car (without covers) and see what little you can actually see, especially if the frame and bolt ons are black. Its very difficult. If the teams just keep "dummy tires" on all 4 corners you won't be able to see much at night, even with the trailer lights on from above. It's what you can't see, covers or not, that wins races (setup, shock setup, driver, etc)

It's not that big of a deal guys in my opinion and if it creates a little self-policing soo be it. But I think a lot of you are over-reacting.

Barbecueboy
02-11-2015, 11:16 AM
As the originator of this thread I will tell you my thought and opinion, since everyone else is speculating on the reason for the rule change as well......

1. The covers, especially the tarps some use, look ridiculous. Its 1 thing to get the nice wheel and rear enclosure covers, its another to use a tarp or pit mats leaned up against the car. I think LO is trying to clean up the appearance of the pits more than anything. With more TV races and the exposure it brings, the more you want to clean the presentation of the product up.

2. How much do teams REALLY look at the competitions cars? They are all soo entrenched in prepping their own cars and tires, and keeping up with the track, that how much do they venture out to look? Soo do the covers do anything but add a sense of "what's going on under their car?"

3. You all act like in the evening during the races, their are spotlights under the cars and the covers kept everyone from seeing everything going on. Next time you are at a local race, look at a car (without covers) and see what little you can actually see, especially if the frame and bolt ons are black. Its very difficult. If the teams just keep "dummy tires" on all 4 corners you won't be able to see much at night, even with the trailer lights on from above. It's what you can't see, covers or not, that wins races (setup, shock setup, driver, etc)

It's not that big of a deal guys in my opinion and if it creates a little self-policing soo be it. But I think a lot of you are over-reacting.

Very good post.......

davis2902
02-11-2015, 11:16 AM
Muslim racers are furious!

SuperEight
02-11-2015, 11:24 AM
lol, this is good stuff. Cover or not, just how many times did our boy Bloomer run his FRIC system thru tech and they had no clue what they were looking at??? and thats with the freaking covers off!!! <----This is the real issue.

Somebody found out about what Bloomer was doing last fall when he got on a roll, got mad because they were getting beat, then ratted Bloomer out. During the offseason somebody gave the tech man a little schooling and they were all set to catch the big bad Black Sunshine. The trap was set before Golden Isles even began.

Outlawing/penalizing the car covers won't make the whiner who got all this started any faster! If they ever want to get ahead of technology, the tech man needs to be as smart & as knowledgeable as the best racer. I haven't seen one yet who is.

Somebody show me some proof that a FRIC system was on Bloomers car last fall or at Golden isles... Something other than Brian Gray's tire track conspiracy theory. Surely somebody took a picture. I think all of this comes out of the Rocket camp, they truly believe they are so superior that they can not be beat. If they do lose somebody was cheating, right? Pathetic.

RoundNrOUND
02-11-2015, 11:55 AM
Rocket wasn't the only one saying anything.... Not condoning the tattle tail crap but I for one am glad someone is trying to keep the cost of racing down. Do you know how much a shock package like that costs? Then do you realize how much testing would have to be done to make it work for you? It's not magic. Scott obviously did his homework and made it work, now it's against the rule, now he will have to find something else.

Brian Gray
02-11-2015, 12:11 PM
I never said Scott was cheating. I never said they don't do their homework. I never said bloomer even used this system. I don't doubt they were using something like it though.
Lucas has taken the steps to help keep cost down. If you cannot applaud a sanction for making effective rules to lower cost and improve the appearance of their product there is something wrong. Wrg has failed its racers on neirly every level to line a few peoples pockets with vendor dollars.

This is at least a start. Let's hope they keep up .

chupp n bloomer fan
02-11-2015, 12:12 PM

It's not that big of a deal guys in my opinion and if it creates a little self-policing soo be it. But I think a lot of you are over-reacting.Cleaning up the pits? This is not ever going to be NASCAR like. If it does, down the sh!tter it'll go. Have you seen most of us that frequent dirt tracks, not exactly the wine tasting fruity type. However I do get cleaning up the pits. Set rules as to the appearance of stuff, not outlaw it.

They absolutely look at other peoples cars. They may not, but they'll find someone they can trust to look at the car. Competitor X isn't going to walk up to competitor Y's car, that's too obvious. You send someone else over, or buy one, and tear it apart.

We aren't talking about just your local bullring. We're talking about one of the top two series saying no to car covers lol.

It's the Bloomer rule no doubt. With the roll he got on last year, people were no doubt seriously pi$$ed and this is their reaction. Funny, but oh well. Not as if it'll matter in the end. It's just ridiculous is all. It's not self policing, it's tattle telling. Do your homework, and beat them. Don't b!tch, cry, and moan about car covers. Do your own testing, experimenting, thinking outside the box. And if the tech guys don't like it, that's who needs to tell you no way in he!! are you running that. If they wanna be more professional, hire real tech guys who know their sh!t and won't play favorites.

Barbecueboy
02-11-2015, 12:18 PM
Rocket wasn't the only one saying anything.... Not condoning the tattle tail crap but I for one am glad someone is trying to keep the cost of racing down. Do you know how much a shock package like that costs? Then do you realize how much testing would have to be done to make it work for you? It's not magic. Scott obviously did his homework and made it work, now it's against the rule, now he will have to find something else.

And he will.........

RoundNrOUND
02-11-2015, 12:24 PM
No doubt in my mind that he will.

hpmaster
02-11-2015, 12:36 PM
We got springs and sh(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)s all wrapped up. Back the cars in leave tires hanging on the car.This is a lot about nothing. It takes 2 or 3 years to train a good tech guy, I mean one you can talk into seeing things YOUR way most the time.

high groove19
02-11-2015, 12:47 PM
The old STARS series did the same thing back in the 90's by taking the tarps away. Over the years it gradually went away. It will this time too. Once they feel that nobody is at a huge advantage like they feel Bloomquist is now.

rickybrown1952
02-11-2015, 12:51 PM
Its not the bloomer rule Moyer,o'Neal and a few others do the same thing

W2Racing09
02-11-2015, 01:37 PM
Somebody show me some proof that a FRIC system was on Bloomers car last fall or at Golden isles... Something other than Brian Gray's tire track conspiracy theory. Surely somebody took a picture. I think all of this comes out of the Rocket camp, they truly believe they are so superior that they can not be beat. If they do lose somebody was cheating, right? Pathetic.

Man, you really hate Rocket don't you? You go from making up numbers to make them look bad, to blaming them in your conspiracy theories.

Get a grip.

Thanks,
Jeff.

davis2902
02-11-2015, 02:54 PM
No way was Scott running a FRIC system last year. The technical know-how along with on-track and wind tunnel testing that was required by F1 teams to make it work, would have been hard to cover-up. I lean more toward an inerter as a 5th coil. Much less testing involved and not as complicated.

chasenracing2001
02-11-2015, 03:18 PM
This is coming from the series that is called Lucasquist. People posting he runs the Lucas tour. What a joke. Seems to me they have targeted him this year. Making level playing field? He won the major races but finished 3rd in points last year. Other drivers knew that he was on to something and instead of figuring it out they complained. What a joke.

ClampedUp
02-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Never understood the Lucasquist moniker?? You have never seen any of Forrest Lucas's big company sponsors on Bloomquist's cars and they sure as heck never kissed his butt. Maybe I missed it???
But, there are more than a few other drivers who have had their pockets greased and taken care of by Forrest Lucas......

Brian Gray
02-11-2015, 03:55 PM
I was told by a very successful racer the other day " stay off 4m " but I just can't stop reading this stuff . You gotta love it

SuperEight
02-11-2015, 04:30 PM
I never said I wanted these FRIC/Inerter systems, but I do want my wheel and tail covers, a lot of time and work goes into developing the right package and setup. The tech man is free to inspect to make sure I'm legal, but I don't want just anybody looking up my ladies skirt. I'm still waiting for the proof that Scott was running one of these systems. They act like he's never won from the back before or ever gone on a roll of victories.

I never said Scott was cheating. I never said they don't do their homework. I never said bloomer even used this system. I don't doubt they were using something like it though.
Lucas has taken the steps to help keep cost down. If you cannot applaud a sanction for making effective rules to lower cost and improve the appearance of their product there is something wrong. Wrg has failed its racers on neirly every level to line a few peoples pockets with vendor dollars.

This is at least a start. Let's hope they keep up .I never said you did say he was cheating, you implied very strongly that something was foul, that his immaculate tire tracks were all the evidence you need. Did you not? Finally one thing I agree with Brian Gray on, that WRG is a band of thieves, rapping the dirt racing community from top to bottom. It was much better back in the STARS/HAT/UMP/etc. days. Having so much control and say in one organization is bad.

Josh Bayko
02-11-2015, 06:06 PM

Thanks,
Jeff.

I can't see Bloomer going with the WoO. If he drops off the full Lucas deal, you'll see him at all of Lucas' 20k+ races, all of the WoO's 20k+ races, any unsanctioned 20k + races and random other assorted shows he feels like running.

tsand
02-11-2015, 07:40 PM
scott did not have the fric system on at golden isle. guess you were not at the PRI show where penski was touting the sucess of scott had running the system last year. scott sucess was the main reason of bowyer off season change to penski. the system was going to retail for about 18 grand. scott was not doing anything illegal because there was no rule againest it at the time. but make no mistake he was running it at the end of last year. penski would not interduce a new system without on track testing under race conditions. one of the reason for don oneal struggles so far was off season testing was focus on this new system. cost was the main reason reason the system was outlawed.

Brian Gray
02-11-2015, 07:48 PM
My imply was he had such a good setup and car control you could see the imprint from the tire. Which you could see the detail in the tread marking clearly.

Now to be as good as he was at the world something was up. Was he cheating? I doubt it. Was he onto something big? He had to be. You don't just do what he did at the world and not have an advantage over every other team there. And no way is he that much better the the next top guy in our sport. It doesn't add up. One day you all will find out the story and it wasn't just an inerter on the lift bar. Lucas has saved more than a few of the teams out there from total annihilation.

fryefan
02-11-2015, 09:50 PM

Amen to that !!!!

racer67x
02-12-2015, 12:45 AM
My imply was he had such a good setup and car control you could see the imprint from the tire. Which you could see the detail in the tread marking clearly.

Now to be as good as he was at the world something was up. Was he cheating? I doubt it. Was he onto something big? He had to be. You don't just do what he did at the world and not have an advantage over every other team there. And no way is he that much better the the next top guy in our sport. It doesn't add up. One day you all will find out the story and it wasn't just an inerter on the lift bar. Lucas has saved more than a few of the teams out there from total annihilation.

problem was that Scott tipped his hand at the World..if he'd have kept running them close then slipping by at the end he'd have had the advantage longer.
just like Newman at the dive bar in the "Hustler",Bloomer got pissed and said "just for that..I'm gonna beat you straight!".
and then they broke his thumbs...lol

zach51
02-12-2015, 08:30 AM
I'm not a suspension/geometry expert, but having raced for a short time myself and been a long-time fan, I know that all of the same drivers and crew running up and down the road together, you know they talk. I would have to assume that the drivers/crews know 99% of what the others have in/on their racecars. With that being said (playing devil's advocate to myself), the 1% that isn't known can make a big difference in a sport with so many quality cars and drivers.

Brian Gray
02-12-2015, 09:32 AM
They share very little. And what they do share has the motive behind it to throw the other guy off. If you have been in the sport you know that the 99% is BS. Especially to the outsiders. And yes had Scott not wanted to insult the other teams over the window net crying the tech or sanctions prolly would have never listened to any of us on the need for certain rules to be put in place.

I said it at the end of the season there would be more to come. I'll say it again it's not over yet.

pink floyd
02-12-2015, 09:44 AM
I'm not a suspension/geometry expert, but having raced for a short time myself and been a long-time fan, I know that all of the same drivers and crew running up and down the road together, you know they talk. I would have to assume that the drivers/crews know 99% of what the others have in/on their racecars. With that being said (playing devil's advocate to myself), the 1% that isn't known can make a big difference in a sport with so many quality cars and drivers.

we shared information with no one, and I mean no one. at one time we were winning races with a car that was severely underfunded because we had discovered something in the setup that gave us an advantage when the track slicked off. we won a bunch of races for 2 years until someone internally talked and then others starting making the same changes and the advantage was lost. we only won one more race after that. that was many moons ago.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-12-2015, 10:24 AM
They share very little. And what they do share has the motive behind it to throw the other guy off. If you have been in the sport you know that the 99% is BS. Especially to the outsiders. And yes had Scott not wanted to insult the other teams over the window net crying the tech or sanctions prolly would have never listened to any of us on the need for certain rules to be put in place.

I said it at the end of the season there would be more to come. I'll say it again it's not over yet.Good post Brian, and yeah, he let them in on his secret, whatever it is, there.:)

Mike
02-12-2015, 10:47 AM

Id prefer rule (s) and/or enforcement of rules that actually addresses the cost of racing other then the cost of a cover.

W2Racing09
02-12-2015, 11:11 AM
Id prefer rule (s) and/or enforcement of rules that actually addresses the cost of racing other then the cost of a cover.

Sounds like they also implemented a tire rule at East Bay that is doing just that. Not a huge Lucas fan but I commend them on that. This sport needs to be more attainable to more people if we ever want car counts to grow.

Thanks,
Jeff.

luke81
02-12-2015, 11:15 AM
I'm going to guess that since last night was not a points race this rule wasn't enforced, because there were plenty of covers in the pits when I was walking around. I'm not really sure I totally get the rule, but whatever. It's easy to NOT cover the car, it doesn't cost you anything to NOT cover it, and as so many already posted here there is a limit to the info that can be gathered anyhow.

COKEandaSMILE
02-12-2015, 11:18 AM
Ez ups with side curtains,

Barbecueboy
02-12-2015, 11:36 AM
Ez ups with side curtains,

Yep.....or just side curtains hanging down from the lift gates on each side to keep the "dust" out of the hauler.

Mike
02-12-2015, 11:45 AM
Sounds like they also implemented a tire rule at East Bay that is doing just that. Not a huge Lucas fan but I commend them on that. This sport needs to be more attainable to more people if we ever want car counts to grow.

Thanks,
Jeff.

What was/is the tire rule? Its not the same rule they came up with at the Big test session at Florence at years in a couple seasons ago. You know the one that was going to save racing by forcing you to buy thier special tire?

Tires were not the set of rules I was really talking about.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-12-2015, 11:45 AM
Yep.....or just side curtains hanging down from the lift gates on each side to keep the "dust" out of the hauler.Good idea too BBQ.

Barbecueboy
02-12-2015, 11:54 AM
Good idea too BBQ.

Another place to stitch on a sponsor logo too!!!!!

chupp n bloomer fan
02-12-2015, 11:57 AM
Another place to stitch on a sponsor logo too!!!!!Make it Lucas Oil and I guarantee they don't say sh!t about it, lol, or Hoosier.;)

Barbecueboy
02-12-2015, 12:26 PM
Uknowit..........

seifertfan2
02-12-2015, 05:54 PM
The world doesnt revolve around Bloomer. This has been a common rule everywhere for years. It helps make things self policing. They are also not going to allow you to rope off your pit area.

I didnt say that it revolves around Bloomquist, but everybody on here knows who this rule is targeting more. Why does this sport have to be self policing when Lucas has a staff and thats suppose to be their jobs is to police the series. If it was me I would just have someone on my team make sure that nobody gets close enough to my car to be able to see anything. To me that just makes it harder for fans to have interaction with their favorite drivers. I guess Lucas is trying to follow in the footsteps of NASCAR and we all know how that has turned out.

seifertfan2
02-12-2015, 05:59 PM
Not afraid of anything. If you're Bloomer or Lanigan or whoever, if you found a little something, why should you have to leave it in plain sight for the world to see? It's your dam car. Let the tech guys see it, everyone else, do your homework.

CnB i agree 100% with that statement, why should anyone have to show their secrets if they have found any. If its illegal then the tech staff should find it and do something about it.

Barbecueboy
02-12-2015, 06:59 PM
some of those guys don't need to eat chili dogs

I find the irony in this post to be incredible.........

But you do have a point chief!!!

chupp n bloomer fan
02-12-2015, 07:43 PM
yep cheaters will always ssthats the way it is , I would say one tire rule the hardest sob made like they did years agoTranslation?

One tire rule never going to happen with The Purple Mafia in charge.

plunks7
02-12-2015, 08:51 PM
All 3 months of meetings and this is the only rule change they could come up with?

plunks7
02-12-2015, 09:07 PM
Worried about covering cars while there's car roofs angled enough to ramp a motorbike over Earl's pond. :rolleyes:

No kidding!

drtrkr244
02-12-2015, 09:12 PM
yep cheaters will always ssthats the way it is , I would say one tire rule the hardest sob made like they did years ago

That would be the worst rule ever made! Cars need to handle so the drivers can search for a groove to pass the competition. Look at Eastbay. Harder tire than usual and not designed for the track conditions, leading to poor racing.

plunks7
02-12-2015, 09:19 PM
Sounds like their using IMCA tires.

baltimore
02-12-2015, 09:21 PM
Quote Originally Posted by latemodefan View Post
yep cheaters will always ssthats the way it is , I would say one tire rule the hardest sob made like they did years ago
Translation?

One tire rule never going to happen with The Purple Mafia in charge. This happens when you get your Internet from McDonalds

drtrkr244
02-12-2015, 09:31 PM
so I guess what=y your saying they are not professionable to run a one tire rule but regional guys that run MARS and MLRA can that fiqures and its flipping East bay where the tide dictates how the track will shape up

Stick to your keyboard, the tide has nothing to do with whats going on down there. Theres a lot more to it than just the durometer reading of a tire.

plunks7
02-12-2015, 09:36 PM
seems funny the hall famer bob pierce would differ with you

Ah that would be a capital B please. Thanks :)

drtrkr244
02-12-2015, 09:43 PM
What do you consider soft? Hoosier 1300's are by far not the softest.

plunks7
02-12-2015, 09:45 PM
It would be faster and safer. Instead of a treadmill race.

Barbecueboy
02-13-2015, 09:08 AM
Stick to your keyboard, the tide has nothing to do with whats going on down there. Theres a lot more to it than just the durometer reading of a tire.

Actually , in talking to a touring Floridian that has intimate local knowledge of east bay a couple years ago, the tides do actually play a part in the tracks moisture situation.

This year seems to be a combination of things going on down there,but in years past there has been a direct correlation to track moisture and high tides according to guys that race there a lot.

But here is the real question...........how great is the strawberry shortcake this year?

Somebody please send out a picture of some..........dglen, are you hearing me ,lol

dirty-white-boy
02-13-2015, 12:21 PM
The old STARS series did the same thing back in the 90's by taking the tarps away. Over the years it gradually went away. It will this time too. Once they feel that nobody is at a huge advantage like they feel Bloomquist is now.

I was told that happened after Davey J's tarp fell off after crossing the scales BEFORE qualifying and it took 3 grown men to pick it up!

Man I cannot wait to read Bloomer's tell all book after his retirement!

hpmaster
02-13-2015, 12:24 PM
I was told that happened after Davey J's tarp fell off after crossing the scales BEFORE qualifying and it took 3 grown men to pick it up!

Man I cannot wait to read Bloomer's tell all book after his retirement!

Now that was funny!

chupp n bloomer fan
02-13-2015, 01:03 PM

Man I cannot wait to read Bloomer's tell all book after his retirement!If it's a well done book by Argabright or Bones etc., that is very honest about everything, I think it'd make national book sales levels.

luke81
02-13-2015, 03:31 PM
The tide absolutely does play into the track at East Bay. Look at Wednesday night, by the end of the feature the track was black except for going into 1. That spot was still brown and a little wet. High tide was 6:30 and it wasnt low tide until 2:30am, so it was up during the entire program. There's a spring under there that is driven by the tide. That's what keeps that pool at the bottom of 1 full all the time. That's also what that area is pretty much always rough and sometimes holes form, the ground underneath is moving around with water. And I'm sure there are many factors beyond this in play too, but thats one to consider.

Krooser
02-14-2015, 05:06 AM
This tarping thing is laughable to me. I was out of racing for a long time… when I first hit the pits and saw those tarps I thought "WTF is going on here?"… looks like your putting a skirt on your race car.

I'm really old school and we all helped each other work on our cars for as long as I remember. I've had guys who wrecked me come over and help me put my car back together to run the main. Now we hide everything?

If you're going to have a skirt on your race car you might as well put the driver in pantyhose, too. The two go together.

race21j
02-14-2015, 05:48 AM
yep cheaters will always ssthats the way it is , I would say one tire rule the hardest sob made like they did years agoThe hardest tire I ever saw was the Goodyear 2022. I used them on my pickup truck on the street for 3 years and still never wore them out.

Crash 4
02-14-2015, 07:01 AM
The hardest tire I ever saw was the Goodyear 2022. I used them on my pickup truck on the street for 3 years and still never wore them out.

Man those things were really hard. We had some we grooved down to 1" blocks, still couldn't get them to wear, or get a bite.

Tireguy17
02-14-2015, 06:12 PM
Tell me why the Woo shouldn't adopt the same rule after seeing Lanigan's car at Bubba Raceway Park today?
On a side note...if my company's logo is under that cover I'd be a BIT upset

Necrosis
02-14-2015, 06:48 PM
Tell me why the Woo shouldn't adopt the same rule after seeing Lanigan's car at Bubba Raceway Park today?On a side note...if my company's logo is under that cover I'd be a BIT upsetWell call Troy Baird and ask him if he's mad. Either way, he'll change whatever car his sticker is on every two weeks, lol.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-14-2015, 07:17 PM
Tell me why the Woo shouldn't adopt the same rule after seeing Lanigan's car at Bubba Raceway Park today?
On a side note...if my company's logo is under that cover I'd be a BIT upsetBecause it's Lanigans car. And if he wants to cover it up, that's his business. Long as it ain't covered up on the racetrack, who cares? Find things that actually matter, because a car cover sure as he!! ain't it.

drtrkr244
02-14-2015, 08:59 PM
Actually , in talking to a touring Floridian that has intimate local knowledge of east bay a couple years ago, the tides do actually play a part in the tracks moisture situation.

This year seems to be a combination of things going on down there,but in years past there has been a direct correlation to track moisture and high tides according to guys that race there a lot.

But here is the real question...........how great is the strawberry shortcake this year?

Somebody please send out a picture of some..........dglen, are you hearing me ,lol

Yeah bbc, Im aware about how the tide affects the moisture in the track. But this year, the harder tire and different compound was causing havoc with the drivers and crew chiefs. usually, it only takes a good crew chief one race to make dramatic improvements to their chassis, but many are still scratching their heads after all week!

As far as the strawberry shortcake, I went Wednesday nite, and there was NO ONE selling it. No vendor or the track! so I drove 3.5 hrs for nothing......oh, well...the racin was still good!

IZZOJR16
02-14-2015, 09:38 PM
Tell me why the Woo shouldn't adopt the same rule after seeing Lanigan's car at Bubba Raceway Park today? On a side note...if my company's logo is under that cover I'd be a BIT upset excellent point. i didnt even think about that.

IZZOJR16
02-14-2015, 09:56 PM
LOVE THIS RULE. awesome job lucas oil!!!

Highside Hustler25
02-15-2015, 06:02 AM
On a side note...if my company's logo is under that cover I'd be a BIT upset

WoO has the same rule in place from what I've read. Not sure why it is not being enforced.