PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Toyota 3tc cam manufacturers recommendations

yotaparts
02-12-2015, 11:48 AM
I need a camshaft that is a compromise for circle track duty , then putting in street car as a weekend warrior,( using stock bottom end.) there does not seem to be much info out there. Right now I am looking at, Isky, schneider, crower, in that order. does anyone have any intel on these brands? all input greatly appreciated. thanks.

7uptruckracer
02-12-2015, 12:00 PM
Honestly the Toyota stuff is hard to get information we have run them for decades but thats the 22/20R stuff and some 2RZ. The 2/3tc stuff is just as hard to get intel on BUT call out to Steve's Head Shed and or look him up online he is out of SC. He specializes in the Ford 2.3 and the Toyota 2/3Tc and does astounding work. We have always used Comp for our R series.

yotaparts
02-12-2015, 12:05 PM
Hi 7up, you recommended him before on a carb adapter, he is already on my call list, thanks again.

dave41
02-12-2015, 03:53 PM
stock pistons will not take much lift. schneider did all my cams . blanks were hard to get

yotaparts
02-13-2015, 10:27 AM
hey dave, that is a concern of mine, the head was milled so I have to figure how much it was milled, once I know the specs of how much lift a stock 3t can take and subtract the milling , it will help me dial in a cam to use. I am more interested in peoples experience with the cam makers, grinders. 2 guys use isky at my track but have high $ modified motors. of course I will be looking for the broadest power band. rules are not a problem on cam selection.
again, thanks for the input.

dave41
02-15-2015, 02:30 PM
milling is about .080 to the valve seats