PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Wildman

Highside Hustler25
02-15-2015, 06:58 AM
What happened to Dan Schlieper?

He was down South in the new Rayburn equipment but haven't seen him lately. Did they pack it up and head North.
The results weren't to pretty from what I saw. Was hoping he would get that Rayburn back on track,

zyoung25
02-15-2015, 07:09 AM
I seen one night he was in what looked like a back up car. All black and had a number on it. May have had some sort of problem with both cars and decided to head back home.

I wondered the same thing myself.

gorj
02-15-2015, 07:59 AM
Unloaded the brand new design Rayburn at GIS with Pro Power along with a back up car. Couldn't get anything going at GIS or East Bay. Not going to Volusia.

Highside Hustler25
02-15-2015, 08:04 AM
that's a bummer. thanks for the info gorj.

WisWildManFan
02-15-2015, 08:30 AM
Wasn't in same ball park as top guys at EB. Pretty hard place to make your come back at.

dalemcfan
02-15-2015, 08:39 AM
He wasn't even in the same town as the ballpark at GIS. I like Dan and would like to think it wasn't him or the Pro Power that was the issue. I think he could still do a respectable job in the right equipment.

cutman
02-15-2015, 10:45 AM
Not sure right chassis choice for a comeback either, but he also didn't look too good in the Revel last year either. I would love too see Dan back up front!

hucktyson
02-15-2015, 10:51 AM
The guy is a former crown jewel winner and he isn't that old. That should show everyone the importance of a good handling car. I don't see how a guy who is 80 years old and was never really into cutting edge technology is going to keep up with the engineers that have taken over

SuperEight
02-15-2015, 11:42 AM
The guy is a former crown jewel winner and he isn't that old. That should show everyone the importance of a good handling car. I don't see how a guy who is 80 years old and was never really into cutting edge technology is going to keep up with the engineers that have taken over

That 80 year old man was the first to use technology and engineering... Back off.

hucktyson
02-15-2015, 11:57 AM
So Rayburn started the shock behind 4link set up everyone runs today ??? Rayburn started the bump stop / stacked spring high zero point right fronts ??? Rayburn is the guy who developed modern shock packages ???? I didn't realize that .... My apologies... What your saying is that the guy who developed the first Atari game system should be given credit for Microsoft windows 8 or play station 3.

wheelpackin
02-15-2015, 12:17 PM
Would like to see Rayburn make a comeback but don't see it happening. Really like Dan as a driver as well, but don't think its the best combo for them to both make a comeback. Don't have the answers, just know it'd be nice for both of them to do well.

SuperEight
02-15-2015, 04:55 PM
first video game was Magnavox Odyssey

Could've sworn it was "Pong"...

cutman
02-15-2015, 07:47 PM
I know a local driver that will do pretty well this year in a rayburn

That's cool, would probably help if you said who

dirtMAN007
02-15-2015, 08:22 PM
Remember all the people who were ordering that new Rayburn chassis? Lol!

Nasty55
02-16-2015, 12:45 AM

Lol no kidding right..... The new Rayburn was suppose to light the world on fire lol

chupp n bloomer fan
02-16-2015, 09:05 AM
Lol no kidding right..... The new Rayburn was suppose to light the world on fire lolIs Jon Henry still using one?

davis2902
02-16-2015, 09:09 AM
Looked both cars over at GIS and it was nothing more than the same car CJ has sold for years with the 4bar LR and z-link RR.

Mams
02-16-2015, 09:14 AM
Is Jon Henry still using one?

I heard Jon Henry is done racing.

Does anyone know for sure?

pink floyd
02-16-2015, 09:31 AM

he's done until someone puts him in a ride.

Nasty55
02-16-2015, 09:36 AM

Per Jon's facebook page.....
Jon Henry Racing
Jan 25 · Edited ·
UPDATE: As announced last night at the Eldora Speedway Banquet. JHR will no longer be fielding the family owned #15.

First off, let me start by saying what an amazing journey this has been. I can not express how grateful I am for the support of so many along the way. If this is the end, what a blessing God has given me. All the memories and joy that was created but most importantly the people that have impacted my life.

There was a lot of mixed emotions about this decision, but as some of you may have noticed the last couple of years just haven't been the same. With limited help, a low budget, and many other factors we just can not continue.

As far as this year goes, if the right opportunity is presented I'd surely entertain getting back behind the wheel. Although knowing those are few and far between, please feel free to spread the word. Your word of month and support is much more powerful.

I don't see this as the end, I see this as a new beginning...I hope to see you all again soon.

Thank You,
Jon

Nasty55
02-16-2015, 09:39 AM

When he announced that he was done fielding his own family owned car yes it was a Rayburn. How new though cnbfan I'm not sure of.

dirtMAN007
02-16-2015, 10:25 AM
Never saw him race but saw on 4m a lot of times where did well in many bigger races ! Good luck to him and hope to see his name again in the results section of 4m !

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-16-2015, 10:32 AM

It won at East Bay just last year!

pink floyd
02-16-2015, 10:36 AM
It won at East Bay just last year!

erb made it work, once or twice. he told me last fall that he was done with rayburn.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-16-2015, 11:20 AM
When he announced that he was done fielding his own family owned car yes it was a Rayburn. How new though cnbfan I'm not sure of.It was a new one. Sad to see he has hung it up for now.

Josh Bayko
02-16-2015, 11:20 AM

He was back in the Rocket by the end of the year.

chupp n bloomer fan
02-16-2015, 11:22 AM
He was back in the Rocket by the end of the year.Well then, guess that didn't last long. Wonder why in the he!! Schlieper got back in one?

Dante Toledo, OH
02-16-2015, 12:02 PM
Jon Henry finished 2013, and started 2014 in a Rayburn. Finished 2014 in a Used Rocket they got from Ziegler after Ziegler switched to the Longhorn. Jon Henry once one a Hell Tour race and he was there buy himself with no help. Believe it was Spoon River. I also believe he made the A Main for the World in 2012 in a 2003 rocket. He is a really good driver for the budget he was running on.

Nasty55
02-16-2015, 01:11 PM
Jon Henry finished 2013, and started 2014 in a Rayburn. Finished 2014 in a Used Rocket they got from Ziegler after Ziegler switched to the Longhorn. Jon Henry once one a Hell Tour race and he was there buy himself with no help. Believe it was Spoon River. I also believe he made the A Main for the World in 2012 in a 2003 rocket. He is a really good driver for the budget he was running on.

Thank you Dante for clearing that up for me I was just going off of hear say and so I assumed it to be correct on which chassis he was running when he made the announcement that they were going to be done running their own team...