PDA

View Full Version : Hartford Speedway (Michigan); 2015 Schedule now posted.

HoosierDirtFan
02-16-2015, 11:00 AM
Hartford Speedway
Hartford, Michigan
2015 Schedule now posted. Link below.
www.hartfordspeedway.net/event-schedule/

CIRF
02-16-2015, 11:46 AM
HDF, I've never been to Hartford, although some friends have been there for some dirt late model shows and they were very complimentary of the place.

I see it is a true 1/2 mile, which is becoming more and more rare with that advent of expensive engines, etc., that seem to be excessively costly to race on anything bigger than a 3/8's

I see by the schedule that the wingless 410's will be there in mid August. You wouldn't happen to know what the payout is for this show?

HDF, have you attended this show in the past and what kind of car count can be expected?

Hartford looks somewhat similar to Terre Haute and the USAC sprints put on a great show there. I'd like to get up there sometime.

HoosierDirtFan
02-16-2015, 05:03 PM
HDF, I've never been to Hartford, although some friends have been there for some dirt late model shows and they were very complimentary of the place.

I see it is a true 1/2 mile, which is becoming more and more rare with that advent of expensive engines, etc., that seem to be excessively costly to race on anything bigger than a 3/8's

I see by the schedule that the wingless 410's will be there in mid August. You wouldn't happen to know what the payout is for this show?

HDF, have you attended this show in the past and what kind of car count can be expected?

Hartford looks somewhat similar to Terre Haute and the USAC sprints put on a great show there. I'd like to get up there sometime.

Yes Hartford is a true 1/2 mile on the inside guard rail & 5/8's on the outside wall. The Michigan traditional Sprints (MTS) are a 410 Non-Wing Sprints based out of Michigan. Their usual payout I believe is $1,500 to win and $200 to start. That track is run as good as any I've been to. Yeah they've had trouble in the past few years with cars counts but I've been impressed with they way they run that facility. Before the races they have a time period where the fans can go back to the pits area and meet with the drivers and teams. Hartford is just slightly bigger then Terre Haute is. This past off season they added some new clay and widened the race surface to about 85 feet with a bit more banking. I've to a lot of sprint car shows at Hartford and they do a heck of a job there. They used to run 360 Wing Sprints weekly there up until about 8/9 years ago. My opinion to you is go and see if you like it. They know how to treat their fans and racers with equal respect and are not rude to them at all. Let me put it this way the folks at Hartford are like the folks at Fairbury; polite and respectful of the fans and drivers and do what they can to put on a show for all who attend each week. :)

CIRF
02-16-2015, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the testimonial HDF. I just might take a trip up there for the wingless show. According to Google Maps it's just under 2 hours 45 minute drive.

How good of a car count do they get for the wingelss 410's?

HoosierDirtFan
02-16-2015, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the testimonial HDF. I just might take a trip up there for the wingless show. According to Google Maps it's just under 2 hours 45 minute drive.

Not to sure. Never been up there for a wingless show. If they can get some of the Indiana drivers to come I bet they get about 20-25 depending on the Payout.

Spi-nex
02-17-2015, 02:34 AM

2015 will be the first season Hartford has hosted the MTS Sprints so it's hard to say how many cars will be there. However MTS usually has 18-24 cars that follow the tour.

CIRF
02-17-2015, 11:14 AM
Thanks Spi-nex.

20+ cars, if they are of decent quality, are plenty enough to make a good night of racing. I also have to believe that a few wingless teams from Indiana will make the trip up to The Great Lake State.

One thing I saw on the website was the list of support classes. One of those classes is Cyber Stocks. Now that's a new one, at least to me. Does anyone know what a Cyber Stock is?

HoosierDirtFan
02-17-2015, 03:32 PM
Thanks Spi-nex.

20+ cars, if they are of decent quality, are plenty enough to make a good night of racing. I also have to believe that a few wingless teams from Indiana will make the trip up to The Great Lake State.

One thing I saw on the website was the list of support classes. One of those classes is Cyber Stocks. Now that's a new one, at least to me. Does anyone know what a Cyber Stock is?

Cyber Stocks: same as 4 Cylinder Hornets.

CIRF
02-17-2015, 03:52 PM

Thanks for the clarification HDF.

Spi-nex
02-17-2015, 04:11 PM

Not quite. While front wheel drive 4 cylinders are legal, the class is more geared for the front wheel drive 6 cylinders (Grand Prix, Bonnevilles, etc.).

CIRF,
I hope to draw a couple Indiana racers. We will see what happens. I still need to take a peek and see if anyone else is running in the area that night.

You're always welcome at Hartford. :-)

CIRF
02-17-2015, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the further clarification. Spi-nex.

USAC is off from the 9th of August 'till the 27th so there might just be a few USAC guys looking for a place to race. Putnamville runs on Saturday nights and Waynesfield is running on Sunday and Kokomo's Smackdown is the 27th & 28th and Gas City doesn't run the whole month of August.

There very well could be some Indiana cars on hand!!

I know it's a long way off but we just might pencil in this show to attend. Besides, we like going to tracks we've never seen before.

Mittvok
02-20-2015, 08:40 AM

Come on up, CRF, I'll go with you.