PDA

View Full Version : ? on front ends

brian-micheal
02-22-2015, 10:52 AM
Which of meter or the difference metric fronts with nova lowers with pinto spindals or chevelle front end . I see both and they are fast so what are some of the ups and downs. Thanks I am new to mods

Renegade Cust Susp
02-23-2015, 06:58 AM
Have had both. Honestly I like the way my metric drives better.

brian-micheal
02-23-2015, 07:57 AM
sorry for the spelling it is surpose to be whitch are better front ends and some of thr differences

TS3g
02-23-2015, 08:04 AM
Both can be equally fast. Chevelles are weaker frames IMO (horns bend down very easy), and the centerlinks bend if you look at them wrong. Metrics are harder to get proper bump steer, and the nova lowers are weaker. Pick your poison.

Bcollins82
02-23-2015, 11:38 AM
In my experience, the metric/nova frontend turns a little better than the chevelle, but the chevelle feels more "comfortable" or predictable.

CsR41
02-23-2015, 11:50 AM
DirtRacer9x, Do you just make stuff up so you can reply? I mean really, c'mon. You replied 500 times in the other thread on why they use the metric and you just keep ignoring it all.

QQQQ
02-23-2015, 07:00 PM
Chevelle, Metric the Chevelle is a little wider thats it. I dont think a Metric is stronger. I'll take a new Chevelle clip over a 25yr old rusted Metric clip any day. Does one turn better than the other? If it turns better its not because of the clip. And why is a Chevelle easier to build? lol, IDK? Welding tubes is welding tubes. Its all how they are set up, there are fast Metrics and fast Chevelle's and if you have no idea what your doing, they are all slow.

MM90
02-24-2015, 11:24 AM
Which is better? An aftermarket Chevelle frame that a chassis builder manipulates when they weld it together or a stock factory Chevelle frame?

NAYRBNYLF
02-27-2015, 09:33 PM
I think the 80' full size metric Impala,Is comparable to the chevelle . It's heavierAnd it takes a little work to set up the front end.

Anonymous24
02-27-2015, 10:53 PM
Chevelle, Metric the Chevelle is a little wider thats it. I dont think a Metric is stronger. I'll take a new Chevelle clip over a 25yr old rusted Metric clip any day. Does one turn better than the other? If it turns better its not because of the clip. And why is a Chevelle easier to build? lol, IDK? Welding tubes is welding tubes. Its all how they are set up, there are fast Metrics and fast Chevelle's and if you have no idea what your doing, they are all slow.100 percent agree with this. If you are coming here to seek knowledge, have fun and good luck. There is much disinformation here also, don't be learning incorrect information.

7uptruckracer
03-02-2015, 09:28 AM
There are a lot that are running the Ford Clip now because of the steering geometry and width so don't rule them out either.. Metrics have bump steer issues as stated. It depends on rules as well as to what you can do to correct some of the chassis problems. As far as Roll Centers you can put whatever you want under just about any chassis. Just depends on your knowledge and your rules. Metric/ Pinto Combo is good. Hard to get good RF Camber Gain and Bumpsteer but it can be done. Chevelle doesn't need as much work as a metric geometry wise and like they said you can get it in pieces and tweak it as you assemble so thats a Pro.

JustAddDirt
03-03-2015, 10:09 AM
I ran a Ford last 2 years.
They drive really well, almost steer too well.
I used Pinto spindles on it the first year,68-72 che velle spindles the next year.
They were made up to 2002. 03 and later had rack and pinion. and aluminum removable cross member
they are plentiful, but have to get to them before the demo derby guys do.

dereksehi
03-03-2015, 11:13 AM
I also have a crown vic stub car setup with the pinto spindles its new I havent had a chance to run it but like said they are supposed to steer very well.