PDA

View Full Version : UMP MODIFIEDS: Hoosier tire rule UPDATED & amended. From LaSalle FB page! READ ASAP!

HoosierDirtFan
02-22-2015, 05:51 PM
UMP Modifieds - Hoosier tire rule updated & amended. From the LaSalle Speedway Facebook page.
-
Sunday, February 21st 2015 - Hoosier A40S will replace A40 as approved DIRTcar UMP Modified Division Tire. Compound Beginning April 1st 2015.

DIRTcar Racing Teams may run A40 compound until stock is depleted. Tire grooving to be phased out throughout 2015.

Concord, NC - October 24th 2015 - DIRTcar racing along with Hoosier Racing Tire today announced plans to implement a new tire compound in the DIRTcar Modified division in 2015.

Corresponding with the opening weekend of the 2015 DIRTcar UMP points season, the new Hoosier A40S compound tire will replace the A40 as the approved tire for the DIRTcar UMP Modifiied Division beginning April 1st 2015. Teams will still be allowed to run A40 compound tires beyond April 1st for as long as it takes to deplete their stock.

In addition to the implementation of the A40S compound, tire grooving will be phased out of the DIRTcar UMP Modified division in 2015. Teams will be permitted to run grooved tires on any corner of the race car through the last week in June, at which point grooed tires will only be allowed only on the front of the car for the remainder of 2015. Mo grooved tires will be allowed in 2016.

"After reviewing the feedback of the race teams concerning the A40 Modified tire , we are thrilled, in conjunction with Hoosier Racing tire , to introduce a reconstructed and improved A40S Modified tire for the 2015 season.," said DIRTcar UMP Series Director Sam Driggers. "Appearance is similar to the current A40 . The primary difference is the expected durability of the new tire. The current A40 will remain a legal tire, but once the inventory is depleted, the A40S will be the approved tire.

The new A40S tire will feature an improved compound that is similar, to the LM30S tire that was implemented in the DIRTcar Late Model divisions at the beginning of the 2014 season. In replacing the LM30 compound, the LM30S has received positive feedback reviews from the Late Model teams for it's improved durability over the LM30, leading DIRTcar and Hoosier to develop am adaption of the LM30S for use in the Modified division.

stlracing
02-22-2015, 07:24 PM
This was announced back a couple of months ago.

HoosierDirtFan
02-22-2015, 07:34 PM
This was announced back a couple of months ago.

Ok. Didn't know that or remember hearing about it. Guess it's just posted as a reminder.

racedad11
02-22-2015, 07:46 PM
What they don`t tell you is that the late model drivers that run the new 30 compound say it sucks and will skip it altogether. Most go straight from a 20 to a 40.

race21j
02-23-2015, 02:25 PM
The "new "A 40s was used last year with the old A40 markings. Heard this from my tire supplier last year. We trialed the new tires for them and paid them to do it. meaning the new compound was used with the old molds.

$UMP$
02-23-2015, 05:14 PM
There is a new tire because obviously UMP and HOOSIER care about it's members! Should save us some money so we can spend it somewhere else on our program!

team jarvis
02-24-2015, 05:58 PM
What they don`t tell you is that the late model drivers that run the new 30 compound say it sucks and will skip it altogether. Most go straight from a 20 to a 40. Hoosier and UMP always helping a brotha out lol

$LITE-INN$
02-24-2015, 08:30 PM
UMP care for racers prove it all the time. You dont like it drop a class.

JustAddDirt
02-25-2015, 09:27 AM
What they don`t tell you is that the late model drivers that run the new 30 compound say it sucks and will skip it altogether. Most go straight from a 20 to a 40.

The 30 compound has always sucked.
Back in 2003-2004 when I ran late models, it was skipped over back then too due to a glazing problem, and do not fire after restarts after warm basically 1 and done tire.
20 straight to a 40 was what we done back then, same thing now too it sounds like.

I noticed a batch of tires I bought late in the year that they felt different. car acted a bit different on them too. might be in my head though.

team jarvis
02-25-2015, 12:58 PM
The 30 compound has always sucked. Back in 2003-2004 when I ran late models, it was skipped over back then too due to a glazing problem, and do not fire after restarts after warm basically 1 and done tire. 20 straight to a 40 was what we done back then, same thing now too it sounds like. I noticed a batch of tires I bought late in the year that they felt different. car acted a bit different on them too. might be in my head though. justdirt, your description sounds a lot like the current A40 tire but worse, always had issues with this tire and getting it refire. a lot of folks just go right to the H. trouble is a lot of places are A and Hs only. Right now we go right from D to H and skip the A.

JustAddDirt
02-25-2015, 02:58 PM
justdirt, your description sounds a lot like the current A40 tire but worse, always had issues with this tire and getting it refire. a lot of folks just go right to the H. trouble is a lot of places are A and Hs only. Right now we go right from D to H and skip the A.

I like the old A40, I run them all the time on the right side. and as soon as I see black in racetrack I have on a minimum of 3 on car. (sometimes not on LF.)
if you are having problems getting them to fire, it may be in your sipe arrangement, foam or no foam in wheel, and temperature range tire is running in.
(purely speculation though)

team jarvis
02-25-2015, 05:32 PM
I like the old A40, I run them all the time on the right side. and as soon as I see black in racetrack I have on a minimum of 3 on car. (sometimes not on LF.) if you are having problems getting them to fire, it may be in your sipe arrangement, foam or no foam in wheel, and temperature range tire is running in. (purely speculation though) thanks it could be dont claim to be sipe expert and not using foam on RR. Will take a look and do some comparing.

sirleafalot
03-25-2015, 11:07 AM
The 30 compound has always sucked. Back in 2003-2004 when I ran late models, it was skipped over back then too due to a glazing problem, and do not fire after restarts after warm basically 1 and done tire. 20 straight to a 40 was what we done back then, same thing now too it sounds like. I noticed a batch of tires I bought late in the year that they felt different. car acted a bit different on them too. might be in my head though. Just dirt, just tried sending you a PM on tires but your full up. will try again thanks !

dust1905
03-26-2015, 01:44 PM
The new A40S was not the A40 last year. The S tire is the same rubber as the 1450 open comp LM tire. It is 2 points softer than the old A40, it will grain up easier then the old A40 and should help with the issues of it sealing over. You won't have to get as aggressive with the siping on this tire.