PDA

View Full Version : peoria B Mods

dcole
03-03-2015, 02:33 PM
Just curious of what everyone thinks of this class? What kind of car counts are expected? And are they gonna have a good tech guy to tech the motors? We all know racers are there worst enemy and will be trying to Crack the motors open and do some work work to get that little extra.. any thoughts or comments are appreciated. Thanks.

race21j
03-06-2015, 07:57 PM
With the break away bolts , how could they cheat on the motor.? They are sealed from the factory.No need for Tech. Bolts in the heads,timing cover,intake and oil pan it's good.:)

MotoMatt
03-10-2015, 10:09 AM
With the break away bolts , how could they cheat on the motor.? They are sealed from the factory.No need for Tech. Bolts in the heads,timing cover,intake and oil pan it's good.:)CRhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-602-603-or-604-Crate-Engine-Motor-Break-Away-Seal-Bolts-/170919856285CRThis has been exactly the problem in IMCA. For the right money a "certified rebuilder" will put whatever you want in it and seal it back up. Hell, the top runners aren't even running a new engine as it is from the factory, they buy them from a rebuilder who will go through it and basically spec it to the max of the factory tolerances, match valve springs and put it back together. It's not what it was meant to be, but now how do you compete with an open motor and a 2 barrel against the truck engine and a 4 barrel.

indyboywilliam
03-10-2015, 10:55 AM
Read the whole article : CNC MACHINED SPECIAL BREAK AWAY BOLTS. WILL FIT GM 602, 603 OR 604 CRATE ENGINES (YOUR CHOICE of SETS, 602, 603 or 604). SET CONSISTS OF 2 EACH OF THE FOLLOWING: INTAKE, TIMING COVER, HEAD, AND OIL PAN. THESE BOLTS ARE QUALITY CNC MACHINED. THEY DO NOT HAVE A LOGO ON THE BOLTS. YOU GET YOUR CHOICE OF SETS: 602, 603 OR 604. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH ENGINE YOU WANT THE BOLTS FOR AT THE END OF THE AUCTION. I HAVE A SET OF 602 and 604 PICTURED. THANKS FOR LOOKING AT MY AUCTION. SHIPPING CHARGE TO LOWER 48 $6.00. I WILL SHIP USPS PRIORITY MAIL WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION. ****** CANADA $12. ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS YOU ARE WELCOME TO CONTACT ME @ 864-985-2421 I DISCOUNT MULTIPLE SET PURCHASES, CONTACT ME FOR DETAILS. THANKS FOR LOOKING

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH SET YOU WANT TO DELAY SHIPPING. I TRY TO SHIP SAME DAY PRIORITY MAIL TO GET YOUR BOLTS TO YOU AS FAST AS I CAN.

DO NOT HAVE LOGO..... If they are from Certified Shop they will have LOGO.... GM STAMPED

indyboywilliam
03-10-2015, 10:55 AM
I think its a great class

MotoMatt
03-10-2015, 03:36 PM
My point was that they are indeed out there and on top of that, money talks bs walks with the crate guys. Great class if it stays pure, and you can find tons of used parts for them.

3dracer
03-10-2015, 05:37 PM
Do your homework. If you can't see a fake bolt from the next pit over, you don't know what you are looking at.

MotoMatt
03-11-2015, 08:32 AM
All I am pointing out is that cheating is rampant in the crates with the top teams. I have seen it manifest in Iowa and since IMCA went to them in sport mods and it won't stop. If cheater bolts weren't an issue then IMCA wouldn't be going to the cable seals instead.

indyboywilliam
03-11-2015, 11:29 AM
Have some faith in your local track and there tech and the rules .. until a problem is known then address it ... and there is always the claim rule if you think someone is cheating... If they are truly cheating they wont sell for the money they have to spend to cheat it up... I know for one I would sell mine on any given night!!

ZFRacing818
03-24-2015, 01:08 PM
and from what I hear is if there is a car out there that you can tell is "not stock" jason will claim it himself and put it in his truck lol he said he wont put up with that Sh!t at his track! so should be a good fair class but there is always that one guy

indyboywilliam
03-24-2015, 01:13 PM
as every track should do

Baddboy1
03-24-2015, 04:36 PM
All I am pointing out is that cheating is rampant in the crates with the top teams. I have seen it manifest in Iowa and since IMCA went to them in sport mods and it won't stop. If cheater bolts weren't an issue then IMCA wouldn't be going to the cable seals instead.

With GM bolts.
http://www.tracktamerengine.com/untitled3.html

indyboywilliam
03-24-2015, 04:53 PM
Sounds like a Deal... wish someone would go get one fixed up like that ... I will be ready for a new motor this year .. Ran mine last year and bought it used so .... get me a good one ready LOL

race21j
03-24-2015, 04:58 PM
I doubt if anyone will claim.UMP has claims in place for the A mods ,but yet no one ever claims. Good luck to the class.

racin6mod
03-30-2015, 06:50 PM
I do believe cheating is way to easy with the crates I think spoon had a couple over the years that proved to be cheated up. but if they put a swap rule in place it should help if another car in the op ten thinks your cheating for a fee $300 you swap minus carb and clutch only.

in imca the sport mod class is quickly taking over here in my area. last weekends races saw 14 A-mods and almost twice that in sportmod's .my friend that have moved to sm's love it and can afford to race more often . the b-mods at Peoria should be no different.