PDA

View Full Version : How to identify mastersbilt s7 spindles

Welder89
03-08-2015, 09:47 AM
I bought an 09 smackdown car last fall and just now began taking it apart and checking everything. I noticed the spindles had a tag welded on the front side that said "masterSbilt" now from what I've read in other threads these are the s7 spindles. A good friend of mine bought out a guy who had tons of mastersbilt stuff, including like 10 brand new TWM spindles for a masters. My question, is there anyway of visually identifying if they are smackdown spindles or s7? They aren't marked or labeled anywhere. Also TWM seems to make some really nice parts, are there spindles as good or better quality than say from PPM or mastersbilt?

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-08-2015, 02:39 PM
I bought an 09 smackdown car last fall and just now began taking it apart and checking everything. I noticed the spindles had a tag welded on the front side that said "masterSbilt" now from what I've read in other threads these are the s7 spindles. A good friend of mine bought out a guy who had tons of mastersbilt stuff, including like 10 brand new TWM spindles for a masters. My question, is there anyway of visually identifying if they are smackdown spindles or s7? They aren't marked or labeled anywhere. Also TWM seems to make some really nice parts, are there spindles as good or better quality than say from PPM or mastersbilt?

Old MasterSbilt has 6 degree pin inclination. S7 is 7 degree. If you have a spindle checker, rig up a jig and use a digital angle finder to compare.

Matt49
03-08-2015, 06:52 PM
You can also compare the snout location. The snout on the S7 spindles is considerable lower than on the old style stuff.

SS Motorsports
03-08-2015, 07:43 PM
Unless something has changed TWM builds all the spindles for Mastersbilt

Welder89
03-08-2015, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I will check to see if the snouts on my s7's are at the same heights as the TWM spindles.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-08-2015, 09:53 PM
Unless something has changed TWM builds all the spindles for Mastersbilt

They have always built spindles in Crothersville, IN. I just picked some up a while back and Keith was getting some upgrades done on the jig.