PDA

View Full Version : question about base line ride heights.

larcher32
03-12-2015, 06:32 PM
We have an 03 grt with a 602 crate that we ran all last year. We got better all year and were really fastttowards the end of the year after making small adjustments to the base setups per grt and keeping records. My question is since base setup is for a lot more power than what the 602 puts out, is there something different i need to do with ride hights? Higher maybe (thinking maybe better weight transfer) any thoughts are appreciated!

Punisher88
03-12-2015, 07:28 PM
Lowering the left front on my bwrc helped the car rotate into the corner a bit more maybe lowering the rr also.

hatchet
03-12-2015, 07:38 PM
We run less left and rear . Rear 52.5 and left 52.5 . Dont need all that left rear traction . Bite 0 to 50 lb. . Dont dump the gas on entry . Push the brake and feather the gas easy . Keep the entry , middle and exit free . Or on the loose side .

larcher32
03-12-2015, 08:10 PM
Yeah over the year we were able to loosen it up quite a bit. J-bar 1 above the pinion. Rear only 51.5. Left 53 but I'm 225 so I'm not helping. Lol And once I learned to roll off on entry instead of dump it I was able to get off the traction/dummy shock in front.

hatchet
03-12-2015, 08:12 PM
Punisher88 how much bite did you have with that set up ? If im with you ,you took bite out . Dont lower the LF. or the RR. you are changing more than the ride height . You are changing the front end angles and heights . On the rear you are changing the ride height and the 4 bar angles . If you change the RR only you tightened the car up middle and exit .