PDA

View Full Version : CHASSIS R AND D software help

Rocket5353
03-13-2015, 12:25 PM
Does anyone have any experience with this program? If so could you please inbox me and give me some help as far as where a lotOf these measurements are supposedTo come from. And so on , I can't seem to get ahold Of the company to get any information . Any help would be greatly appreciated

chop6259
03-30-2015, 10:53 AM
That software is junk. I wouldn't waste my time messing with it. If you want a good basic 3D software, I would try using "Race by the Numbers" or something similar. Mark Bush has a variant of this software that he sells. However, this is all basic 3D kinematic software. It does nothing to tell you anything about the dynamics that are going on in the car. As of yet, there really isn't anything on the market that I know of that is geared toward the weekend warrior for doing dynamic analysis. If you want good dynamics data, you would need to invest in something like Solidworks, Inventor, Ideas, etc that has a good simulation software package. Of course, you are talking several, several, several thousands of dollars for this.

7uptruckracer
03-30-2015, 02:04 PM
I use autoware and it has the ability to run data acquisition through it.

Dirtrunner35
03-30-2015, 04:14 PM
AUTOWARE GREAT STUFF , I have alot of his programs, i been through 5 of his webinars on data acquisitions, wish i had the money to get one

http://www.auto-ware.com/software/softwareindex.htm

drtrkr244
03-30-2015, 06:48 PM
Ive had good success with Chassis R and D, but Im sure it is outdated now. I truly believe his roll angle analysis software produces more consistent handling dirt setups.

chop6259
03-31-2015, 08:30 AM
Our team is looking into utilizing data acquisition this year. We have been looking at Autosports Labs. They have a system that is pretty economical for the sportsman. I think it is fairly new and I am not sure how it will hold up in a dirt track environment. Does anyone have experience with this system?

FlatTire
03-31-2015, 09:45 AM
I use Autoware. You can call up John and he'll be more than happy to help you out, even during times outside of normal business hours.