PDA

View Full Version : spindle jigs

HRT2332
03-13-2015, 02:37 PM
has anyone built there own spindle jig. I have alot of torn up spindles and i think it would be cheaper for me to fix all these instead of keep buying new ones. If no one cares to share how they built theirs so i can figure the best way to build one I would appreciate it. You can text me some good closeup pics or email. Thanks. 865-740-1917 or roberthuskey23@gmail.com

Brian Gray
03-13-2015, 10:23 PM
easiest way i found.

buy an allstar spindle checker kit.
a steel lock ring and whatever bolt fits the steering arm
steel plate and some tubing also misc hardware

install the spindle pins. place bolts in the holes of the spindle checkerfrom bottom pointing upward, place a bolt in the steering arm. tighten all the hardware.

place the spindle on a steel plat approx 1/4 " thick, with the lower balljoint bolt and steering arm bolt touching the surface. weld these to the plate.

use the tubing to make an attachment between the upper ball joint bolt and the plate. weld in place

install the hub nut on the snout.

make a plate with 2 holes that will bolt to the lock ring . tighten the plate to the locking nut. weld a piece of tubing to the plate attached to the nut that will also be able to be welded to the base plate your spindle was placed on.

make it as solid as possible. now you have a jig you can build and check your spindles with.

HRT2332
03-14-2015, 12:58 PM
thanks for the reply that helps and also gives me some ideas.