PDA

View Full Version : Front moment center

bobdoo
03-15-2015, 03:49 PM
We are doing a swap of a "pure stock" to a "street stock" and we are trying to learn generaly what direction would be better for the moment center to move toward and what components to make the changes to. I have the diagrams of what to measure and how to measure but not the direction it should be moved toward or the components (taller balljoints, A arm mounting points, etc) to make adjustments to. We may buy a computer program but would still like some first hand input.

save the racers
03-15-2015, 07:52 PM
It is a little bit of a black art on street stocks because you have to use stock parts but, 3'' to 5'' off the ground In the center of the front track to 5'' left.I want as little movement as I can get.Start with the r/f lower a-arm, the inner bolt and the center of the ballpoint should be close to level.From there it is trial and error on what to change because when you change something to help the moment center it effects camber curves,caster curve,bump steer.

bobdoo
03-18-2015, 02:05 PM
Anyone else have thoughts or suggestions?

drtrkr244
03-18-2015, 06:53 PM
You will definitely need software to measure it dynamically. STR has given you some useful info. The only thing I would add is, the harder the track gets, the more the moment center should be close to the centerline of the front suspension. You could actually move it slightly to the right, if the track gets like asphalt.