PDA

View Full Version : Boyds...song and sing it yourself

hustler t4
03-21-2015, 08:17 PM
Looks like McDowell going to win one at his own track. A song and sing it yourself.
I don't think it looks good for promoters, track owners etc, to run their own series or
their own tracks. JMO.

hustler t4
03-21-2015, 09:43 PM
rut row, guess banjer string broke. prob one groove too.

muddy_mike
03-21-2015, 09:50 PM
Anybody know how many SLM are there? Thanks

hustler t4
03-21-2015, 09:54 PM
36 cars....... Weaver wins

muddy_mike
03-21-2015, 10:38 PM
Thanks again!

champion24
03-21-2015, 11:18 PM
Yeah, racing at your track/series is not a good deal. Just looks too shady, even when it's not.

B_K
03-21-2015, 11:25 PM
Disagree when it's a sanctioned show I see no problem with it.

dirt crow
03-22-2015, 12:58 AM
Multi groove track tonight. Good race. .......I agree on McDowell or anyone racing at a track they own / promote. But I'll say this. If they going to, let em qualify for the race like everyone else. Then if they make feature, move to the rear and start there. Got no problem with it then.

stevo
03-22-2015, 09:52 AM
His race track he can do what he wants,and most of the pack is just paying his purse anyway,only thing is he can practice any day he wants,but do you believe he spun out!

crownman25
03-22-2015, 09:56 AM
Congradulations to dale you almost had it buddy!! Good run fot tinker too. Looks like that practice sesions wed. Night with dale and perry. Payed off...

dirt crow
03-22-2015, 10:09 AM
Randy had the line first is the way I see it. Dale drove it in and ran out of room. Then it was hit inside wall or Randy. Bumped Randy and spun. No fault on Randy. ....I kinda hated it 30 seconds later cause I realized the race was over.

LMPunk
03-22-2015, 12:03 PM
Funny how you don't hear any complaining about Duplissey running at Boyd's.

Well ran show and the track was great. Would've been fun to watch McDowell and Weaver battle it out for all 40 laps.

Dirtfan04
03-22-2015, 02:00 PM
Great race to watch in person tonight. Love watching one of the sports all time greats and arguably one of the hottest drivers in the sport right now duke it out in traffic. Wish that kind of aggressive side by side battling for the lead could have lasted the entire race. I think McDowell just made a slight miscalculation when he tried to dive in under Weaver. It was still great to see that kind of competition for the first half of the race anyway.

stevo
03-22-2015, 02:17 PM
Does Duplissey beat anybody or is he a pro?

crownman25
03-22-2015, 03:19 PM
Yeah it was a good race.true field of super late models... things are going to just get better at boyds...

castone
03-22-2015, 06:21 PM
Duplissey is just a Saturday night racer, and McDowell can win anywhere with the best equipment - not good to race on your own track, and will hurt him in the long run if he keeps it up!

adampatton
03-22-2015, 07:24 PM
Crowman 25. Get you facts straight before making post. Tinker wasn't even at the practice!

B_K
03-22-2015, 08:59 PM
Johnny stokes has done it forever at magnolia. He's won his share of races too. Car counts are outstanding more times than not when they open the gate.

As long as his rules match everyone else's who cares? It's not like regional guys around here can duck him all season. You have to deal with him wherever he shows. If he helps run the joint should be of no matter if he's treated like everyone else on track.

dirt crow
03-22-2015, 09:37 PM
It's just opinions. Just like cherry picking. Some say that happens, some don't. I say it does. In this issue, I don't think a owner or promoter should. Stokes, McDowell, Stewart, anyone. No matter if your a name or not. And then some don't. My mind is made up and not a fan of it. Lol. But oh well. Makes good discussion though.

adampatton
03-22-2015, 11:50 PM
McDowell didn't even complete the race how would that be cherry picking? As far as the test on Wednesday night none of McDowell's equipment nor was team Dillion racing present. Further more if I owned a track you wouldn't be able to keep me off it. I would work and be the best I can be and use it just like any of you would. Not taking sides but if Dale McDowell didn't own a track do you really think RCR would have a problem helping him find a place to test? It's a useless argument, if Im going to race I want to learn from the best and race the best.

dirt crow
03-23-2015, 05:08 AM
Oh good Lord! I never said McDowell was cherry picking! Get it together rookie.

adampatton
03-23-2015, 08:15 AM
Yep you did re read your post rammer jammer

dirt crow
03-23-2015, 09:04 AM
No you re read it! Cherry picking, people have opinions. Owner / promoter racing at their tracks, people have opinions. 2 entirely different issues. 2 examples that people differ on. Get the car key outta your ear. Gees....

badacefaist19
03-23-2015, 10:00 AM
If the owner/promoter gets the benefits of extra practice when it is not open practice, that's unfair. If the owner/promoter qualifies on the pole after that and leads flag to flag in a train race, thats fishy. If the owner/promoter prepares a multi-groove hammer down track and races to the victory or tries to give the fans a great show, then I am all for it!

castone
03-23-2015, 12:31 PM
One thing some has forgot is the best is not racing with the best at Boyd's, which makes is very unfair for the average Super Late Model racer ! Dale McDowell has the best equipment, and can win on any track anywhere.

matdaddy
03-23-2015, 07:59 PM
he did not win the race so who gives a rats ass

B_K
03-23-2015, 10:46 PM
He has great equipment, but so did 6/8 others in that field.

Deek4RJ5
03-24-2015, 07:30 AM
I agree with most of all comments that have been made so far. Here's my 'OPINION'... Dale is a very nice guy, great driver, he has great equipment, he has been great for Boyds Speedway. I was glad he raced because Weaver would have made it a boreing race if Dale wasn't racing. It was a good show ! Just a fans opinion who was also there.

fastford
03-24-2015, 07:48 AM
No you re read it! Cherry picking, people have opinions. Owner / promoter racing at their tracks, people have opinions. 2 entirely different issues. 2 examples that people differ on. Get the car key outta your ear. Gees....

I guess you rammed his jammer, good job crow.

stevo
03-24-2015, 10:40 AM
Dale was just practicing,he was just playing and pulled in so he did not win,

RW57
03-24-2015, 02:05 PM
A regular show I would say no he should not race but a traveling show I have no problem with him racing .Boyds is available to rent if you want to go we race against people who go up there several times a year because they have the money to go . Do l think that's fair no but that's life the haves and the have nots.

adampatton
03-24-2015, 08:51 PM
Fast ford I have better things to do then argue with someone I don't know. As crow said it made for good conversation. However when you don't share his opinion he starts name calling and yes I called him rammer jammer but I have way more class than that. So I refuse to further comment on something so stupid. I have plenty of comments for all his post but will keep them to my self. As a wise person once said if you have nothing nice to say shut up!!!!!

dirt crow
03-24-2015, 10:50 PM
Fast ford I have better things to do then argue with someone I don't know. As crow said it made for good conversation. However when you don't share his opinion he starts name calling and yes I called him rammer jammer but I have way more class than that. So I refuse to further comment on something so stupid. I have plenty of comments for all his post but will keep them to my self. As a wise person once said if you have nothing nice to say shut up!!!!!

....touching. thanks rookie.

Dirtfan04
03-25-2015, 12:36 AM
he did not win the race so who gives a rats ass

Best quote of this thread. Definitely gave me my lol moment of the day.

adampatton
03-25-2015, 07:07 AM
Your welcome rammer jammer!

fastford
03-25-2015, 08:26 AM

dirt crow was just pointing out that you were incorrect with your post, I was acknowledging him, you were also the one that started with the name calling ,my advice to you, and you can take it or leave it, but maybe you should take your own advice you gave in the last sentence of your post above. by the way im a rammer jammer to, so it wouldn't offend me, but crow may be an auburn fan and to him or any one else that's not a bama fan, it would be offensive. JMO as usual .

dirt crow
03-25-2015, 06:41 PM
I pull for the greatest team in the history of college football, the Alabama Crimson Tide.

drtrkr244
03-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Ok....Ill ask! What is a rammer jammer?

adampatton
03-25-2015, 08:17 PM
Fast ford???? Coming from someone with a name like that you can only expect such stupidity. Be a man and pick your own battle don't act like a little girl stoking someone else's fire. If you had any intelligence at all you would have caught on that I was very nicely telling you to shut up. You must be one of those toothless wonders roaming around that can't read. Go back to bed with your sister and good night! Go vols!

B_K
03-25-2015, 10:54 PM
Some cheer for mentally challenged people who also incorporate a yellow hammer and mispronounce the university and state they're cheering for.

BoydsSpeedway.net
03-26-2015, 02:07 PM
Dale McDowell made the decision to race at Boyd's because it was a sanctioned race, and also many of his local fans want to see him race and they do not get the opportunity to travel. Racing at your "own track" is always a double-edged sword. Dale only races a couple of times per year at Boyd's, and most fans seem to like it, and most drivers do not seem to disagree with it. Believe it or not, he has not been on the track with his equipment since a brief test last October before the Dixie Shootout. He got into a lapped car during the March Meltdown feature and messed up the LF toe, then clipped the inside wall with it when he was under Weaver. It was a great race. We respect everyone's opinion on the matter, and hope to put on great races, no matter who participates. We appreciate all the race fans, and hope to see you soon at Boyd's Speedway.

fastford
03-26-2015, 04:08 PM
Fast ford???? Coming from someone with a name like that you can only expect such stupidity. Be a man and pick your own battle don't act like a little girl stoking someone else's fire. If you had any intelligence at all you would have caught on that I was very nicely telling you to shut up. You must be one of those toothless wonders roaming around that can't read. Go back to bed with your sister and good night! Go vols!

your Red(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) sure sounds familiar , which banned name is your dumb aZZ reincarnated from? by the way, ill be seeing your sister tonight, she really digs my toothless AZZ if you know what I mean, she also likes the ole rammer JAMMER as well,

fastford
03-26-2015, 04:12 PM
I pull for the greatest team in the history of college football, the Alabama Crimson Tide.

I hear you loud and clear crow, me as well, this fool , adampooten , aint got a clue...

adampatton
03-26-2015, 06:13 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha Looks like I just rammed your jammer yeller hammer. Dont worry I deal with people just like you everyday who are usless to society!!!!! By the way fast and ford don't go together pick a new name. By the way my sister was disapointed. She said you blew up before getting started kind of like you form post!!!!!!!

fastford
03-26-2015, 08:37 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha Looks like I just rammed your jammer yeller hammer. Dont worry I deal with people just like you everyday who are usless to society!!!!! By the way fast and ford don't go together pick a new name. By the way my sister was disapointed. She said you blew up before getting started kind of like you form post!!!!!!!

dam, I told her not to tell you all that, well any way, im done with her and you, so kiss my aZZ , good day

crownman25
03-27-2015, 12:30 AM
All I can say is Dale has won many races at boyds over the years under a lot of diff . owners , so he's gonna win they have transponders so you really cant cheat the qualifying times.. so whats the big deal?the whole nights events was legit re draw in front of people..the race would have sucked without dale and when he spun it ruined the rest of the race...

Deek4RJ5
03-27-2015, 06:27 AM
Dale McDowell made the decision to race at Boyd's because it was a sanctioned race, and also many of his local fans want to see him race and they do not get the opportunity to travel. Racing at your "own track" is always a double-edged sword. Dale only races a couple of times per year at Boyd's, and most fans seem to like it, and most drivers do not seem to disagree with it. Believe it or not, he has not been on the track with his equipment since a brief test last October before the Dixie Shootout. He got into a lapped car during the March Meltdown feature and messed up the LF toe, then clipped the inside wall with it when he was under Weaver. It was a great race. We respect everyone's opinion on the matter, and hope to put on great races, no matter who participates. We appreciate all the race fans, and hope to see you soon at Boyd's Speedway.

Thank you, and keep up the good work.