PDA

View Full Version : Brownstown Speedway and the Lucas Oil Series

Chuck Goff
03-22-2015, 11:34 PM
I spent 8 hours on the interstate and over $100 cash to get in and food. I have railroad tracks right in my back yard. I am trying to give constructive criticism here. I will not come back to Brownstown Speedway until I here these issues are addressed. My first trip to Btown was the first STARS sanctioned race...maybe 1991? Anyway i have been in LOVE with the place since then. However the race i was presented sat. night was anything but entertaining!!! PLEASE rethink your TRACK PREP and what is to PRESENT THE LUCAS OIL DIRT LATE MODEL SERIES ON......you should be trying real hard to make my night memorable NOT miserable. I do not understand this mentality with promoters. I WANT A GOOD RACE ABOVE EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!!!!!! I signed in with my real name so you understand Im serious and you can contact me directly if you wish at chuckgoff02@gmail.com. I hope Brownstown Speedway and everyone involved has a safe and profitable season. I will be back when i hear you water again before the features......YES i LOVE the water truck it shows you CARE.....

actiontoo
03-23-2015, 06:26 AM
I hear ya !

Highside Hustler25
03-23-2015, 06:38 AM
You drove 8 hours to attend a race at Brownstown in March:confused:Although I do think you made a poor choice on that one, I feel your pain. Nobody likes to travel that far for a snoozer.

cutman
03-23-2015, 07:43 AM
You drove 8 hours to attend a race at Brownstown in March:confused:Although I do think you made a poor choice on that one, I feel your pain. Nobody likes to travel that far for a snoozer.

I will never fault a fan for traveling to a show, especially to get their early year fix in. But I feel the original posters pain and Brownstown. I've seen some of the best races ever at that track, but it's been a good long time since one of those. If I do go back, it will not be for a Lucas show,I have actually all but given up on going to any Lucas shows

zyoung25
03-23-2015, 07:56 AM
I felt the same way. Can't blame it on Lucas though imo, the night before I more an likely seen one of the best races I'll see all year. Same format, same amount of laps for the most part the same cars.

Kwd1253
03-23-2015, 08:11 AM
Not trying step anyone toes but you should do some track history research before going. This track been known to be a one groove race track. With the weather they been having there, track surface not be great and hold up. I don't think reworking the track after heat races would done any good. It could of made worst for the drivers set up. But not trying bash the promoters or track officials they have had some good races there before. I just think a march race there not going be good maybe in end of April or early May would be good time to have a lucas show there.

TheJet-09
03-23-2015, 10:06 AM
For me it depends on how you look at things. I took my kid down to start his spring break, 5 hours one way. He'd never been to Brownstown and I wanted him to at least be able to say he has. We went fishing for the first time this year and as you'd expect didn't catch a thing. Got to say "Hi" to Steve Barnett who I haven't seen in 14 or so years. Just watching C.J. tootle around was worth the price of admission! Cottle in a late model? Got to meet a driver who posts very knowledgeable stuff in the tech section on here. The weather on Saturday was gorgeous (as I now sit in a snow storm). And on the way home we stopped by Farmer City for their practice and met a kid I've been trying to help on-line with set-up stuff. A memorable race? By no means. But every minute and every mile of our trip was well worth it for me!

TTS_JF
03-23-2015, 11:50 AM
My first trip about 3 hours for me, it wasn't a good race... but I wasn't sitting at home or in the shop tinkering on a race car thinking about being at the track.

Captain Happy
03-23-2015, 12:20 PM
Reality is Lucas makes it plane to the smaller bull rings thats how it's gonna be run or they won't run there! To much high dollar rides on the line to race them balls out hammer down every week. This isn't news here... been going on for some time now. When a track don't get attention when it obviously needs it, there's a reason for it! Good greef B-Town knew they had to do as Lucas wanted or Lucas wouldn't be there... Same goes for many other tracks. Lol, how does anyone not get that???

Highside Hustler25
03-23-2015, 12:46 PM
When it comes down to dirt races in March, it's a cr@p shoot. If you are the type fan that demands the best track conditions for racing, you should postpone your plans for about a month.
If you are a fan that's just itchin to see any kind of racing, then by golly, go for it.
Just don't b1tch about it afterwards because 9 out of 10 time, this is the type racing you can get.

Captain Happy
03-23-2015, 01:01 PM
When it comes down to dirt races in March, it's a cr@p shoot. If you are the type fan that demands the best track conditions for racing, you should postpone your plans for about a month. If you are a fan that's just itchin to see any kind of racing, then by golly, go for it. Just don't b1tch about it afterwards because 9 out of 10 time, this is the type racing you can get. Especially with Lucas, anytime! Unless the track had lots of rain the day prior, and then they just cancel .

Chuck Goff
03-23-2015, 01:32 PM
The speedway laid down a light mist before the heat races. The heat races were somewhat racy. Why not once again lay down a little water before feature time? This is my bitch. We sat there 30 mins with nothing on the track. Im just calling out the lack of effort given to a capacity crowd. I understand that march racing is hit and miss but with a little effort they didnt have to miss so bad!

ready2rd
03-23-2015, 07:47 PM
What does the LUCAS OIL SERIES have to do with track prep not a thing. Do you really think it is a track owners wish to have a one lane track or a rough track not its not that's just part of dirt racing. In order to see track prep pretty much the same each race asphalt racing might be a better choice for some of y'all. Just be glad you had a choice to go watch a race and be glad that you were able to attend where it was good race or a bad race so many people in the country don't have that choice for what ever reason it may .

COKEandaSMILE
03-23-2015, 07:58 PM
When it comes down to dirt races in March, it's a cr@p shoot. If you are the type fan that demands the best track conditions for racing, you should postpone your plans for about a month.

Your post is complete horse sh!t!!!!

I don't expect the best track conditions. What I do expect is the best effort possible to provide the best track condition possible!

zyoung25
03-23-2015, 09:02 PM
What does the LUCAS OIL SERIES have to do with track prep not a thing. Do you really think it is a track owners wish to have a one lane track or a rough track not its not that's just part of dirt racing. In order to see track prep pretty much the same each race asphalt racing might be a better choice for some of y'all. Just be glad you had a choice to go watch a race and be glad that you were able to attend where it was good race or a bad race so many people in the country don't have that choice for what ever reason it may .

I'm not sure why people blame Lucas on this deal. I was glad I got to get out of the house and go watch a race. I wasn't real happy with the way it turned out, but I don't see it as money being wasted.

427c.i.
03-23-2015, 09:10 PM
I've been to the Icebreaker twice. Both times the track was so dry it was dusty and painfully slow during hot laps, the suck factor just went up from there.
Don't see any reason to go back.

ftfiowa
03-24-2015, 02:53 AM
there is 1 Lucas race where the track is good and racy and not dirtphault...its called the Knoxville LM Nats. Some of you folks need to venture to this race in 2015 instead of going to crap tracks and paying $$$$$!

Highside Hustler25
03-24-2015, 04:23 AM
Your post is complete horse sh!t!!!!

I don't expect the best track conditions. What I do expect is the best effort possible to provide the best track condition possible!

and you know zero about track prep clown so carry on. Just because the moisture is not at the surface doesn't mean it's not there. Very easy to get to much water down this time of year. That's why you see tracks come apart this early in the season. It's not what's on the surface, but what's 3 inches deep.

COKEandaSMILE
03-24-2015, 05:01 AM
You realize that you're arguing against expecting the promoter to do everything possible to provide the best track possible???

Think about that for a minute.

Brownstown Speedway
03-24-2015, 07:42 AM
As the promoter of Brownstown Speedway I would like to take the opportunity to apologize to all the fans for the lackluster feature at the Icebreaker. In hindsight I now know what went wrong, in a effort to supply the racers with a smooth surface we simply over did it. But I'm not here to make excuses but to let the fans know that I am 100% to blame. Lucas Officials approached me before feature with a recommendation but I refused. So please do not blame the LODLMS in any way. I learned a valuable lesson at the fans expense and will do everything in my power to never let it happen again. Once again I am solely to blame and truly sorry. Thank you for your support,Jim Price

Barbecueboy
03-24-2015, 07:48 AM
As the promoter of Brownstown Speedway I would like to take the opportunity to apologize to all the fans for the lackluster feature at the Icebreaker. In hindsight I now know what went wrong, in a effort to supply the racers with a smooth surface we simply over did it. But I'm not here to make excuses but to let the fans know that I am 100% to blame. Lucas Officials approached me before feature with a recommendation but I refused. So please do not blame the LODLMS in any way. I learned a valuable lesson at the fans expense and will do everything in my power to never let it happen again. Once again I am solely to blame and truly sorry. Thank you for your support,Jim Price

This post in itself speaks volumes..........manning up , admitting his mistake and making efforts to not let it happen again.

Brownstown deserves a second look for all the naysayers.........good post Jim.

pink floyd
03-24-2015, 07:55 AM

I appreciate the apology, and will now be back for the hell tour opener. thanks jim.

kazual
03-24-2015, 07:57 AM
Touring teams like it slick and smooth, easy on delicate equipment and strained budgets, tip toe is preferred to hammer down. Many fans, not all, like it tacky and fast even if it's somewhat rough as a result. Don't kid yourself into thinking the fan gets more input than the traveling teams. The series has to cater to their traveling troupe week in and week out, they only have to appeal to a race fan for one event, or a limited few events, during the course of a season.

cutman
03-24-2015, 08:04 AM
This post in itself speaks volumes..........manning up , admitting his mistake and making efforts to not let it happen again.

Brownstown deserves a second look for all the naysayers.........good post Jim.

Still gonna need proof in the pudding, but it's a good start.

Chuck Goff
03-24-2015, 01:25 PM
Thank you Mr. Price for addressing my issues. I will be back to see more racing in the future. I truly hope Brownstown Speedway has a fantastic year.

DestinyUnbound
03-24-2015, 02:01 PM
Thank you Mr. Price for addressing my issues. I will be back to see more racing in the future. I truly hope Brownstown Speedway has a fantastic year.

Wow, you got your apology and now you'll be back. You really thought they weren't doing all they could to provide a good track? Why people seem to feel so entitled to have the best experience of their life and then complain when it's not is beyond me. What a cry baby. Everyone is an expert these days. Don't pis em off or they will complain and you'll have to do the politically correct thing. What a douche. Try asking questions next time instead of jumping to conclusions.

Bubstr
03-24-2015, 02:03 PM
It has to be hard to run a track. One mistake wipes out ten atta boys. Some what like being a good husband. You can be handsome, rich, buy her presents and say all the right things, but pat the neighbor's wife's fanny, just once and you lost all trust. That seems to be where Brownstown is right now, with some of it's fans. It took their money and didn't preform up to expectations. Now they have a trust issue. You can apologize but they are just words. Till you have a show, that they are sorry they missed, the trust issues continue.

I don't have issues with Brownstown, but I do with one of these early scheduled tracks that rubbered down last year. The second chance, they called the show for rain, but not in enough time to save a two hour trip and when I got there, the sun was shining and not all that wet. I'll be skipping that show until I miss one there, that I wish I would have went to. Maybe two. It's hard work to keep the trust of the fans. It's harder to get it back, once lost.

Some would say, "if you don't like it, don't go. It's only one person." It may be one person out of ten and you lost 10% of your gate. I don't see any business surviving that. I don't envy that job, but that is the job they took. Any job worth doing, is worth doing well. This is a wake up call to all tracks. The entertainment dollar is hard to come by, these days.

TackyTracker
03-24-2015, 03:06 PM
kudos for admitting fault... Tough to get that anymore

Captain Happy
03-24-2015, 03:21 PM
As the promoter of Brownstown Speedway I would like to take the opportunity to apologize to all the fans for the lackluster feature at the Icebreaker. In hindsight I now know what went wrong, in a effort to supply the racers with a smooth surface we simply over did it. But I'm not here to make excuses but to let the fans know that I am 100% to blame. Lucas Officials approached me before feature with a recommendation but I refused. So please do not blame the LODLMS in any way. I learned a valuable lesson at the fans expense and will do everything in my power to never let it happen again. Once again I am solely to blame and truly sorry. Thank you for your support,Jim PriceJust one question if I may, I feel it is relevant here... What did Lucas Officials recommend you to do that you refused? Thanks.

Clayton_Wetter
03-24-2015, 03:42 PM

I want to thank you Mr. Price for the apology, and have hopes that you truly mean well in an effort to have better track prep as a weekly effort at Brownstown. As a fan that attended races there weekly starting in 1975 I remember in those days and into the early eighties that the track was almost always tacky all night, and dust was an issue that happened maybe just a time or two a season. The racing was consistently excellent back then also, so I have something to compare with "too" many seasons starting in the early eighties when the track prep has been terrible for so many years. I know the dust is something that can't be eliminated totally and that sometimes it can happen due to circumstances, but sometimes not only does the racing suffer but also the fans can too. It is hard to enjoy the racing with so much dirt flying into your eyes and speaking for myself the sinus infections are also an issue that has made my friend and I travel elsewhere.

I remember one night the announcer (Bedford Mayor John Williams) apologizing for dust on a hot windy night back in about 1976. He said that they had put 36,000 gallons of water on the track that day in total, so we knew that the water was soaking deep into the track for sure.

Last season We had hopes that you were turning around this long lasting track prep issue as the track prep was obviously better than it has been in many years. So I'm hoping that you will be the one to return this track to what it once was. Good luck sir.

Clayton_Wetter
03-24-2015, 03:51 PM
Just one question if I may, I feel it is relevant here... What did Lucas Officials recommend you to do that you refused? Thanks.

Captain, I believe that "misting" the track again would have been pointless as it had been done once earlier and the only results from it was to set the track up to take on a lot more rubber. Once the track got to the condition it was in by the time hot laps were over. There was nothing that really could be done about the nights tracks conditions other than cutting the entire surface up and that would have been pretty time consuming.

I can generally read a track before the cars even get on it, and I knew we were in for a bad night as soon as we got there.

COKEandaSMILE
03-24-2015, 04:02 PM
Wow, you got your apology and now you'll be back. You really thought they weren't doing all they could to provide a good track? Why people seem to feel so entitled to have the best experience of their life and then complain when it's not is beyond me. What a cry baby. Everyone is an expert these days. Don't pis em off or they will complain and you'll have to do the politically correct thing. What a douche. Try asking questions next time instead of jumping to conclusions.

Not one person has said, nor implied, that they are entitled to have "the best experience of their life".

What I, as well as every other paying customer is entitled to is the best effort put forth by the promoter to provide a quality product.

COKEandaSMILE
03-24-2015, 04:08 PM
Just one question if I may, I feel it is relevant here... What did Lucas Officials recommend you to do that you refused? Thanks.

This is a direct quote, "we told him to till it up and water
And he didn't want to"

Captain Happy
03-24-2015, 04:12 PM
This is a direct quote, "we told him to till it up and waterAnd he didn't want to"Lol, Lucas said that??? I really find that one VERY hard to believe, but if you say so, I have no reason to question it... Just don't see them saying that!!

COKEandaSMILE
03-24-2015, 04:18 PM
That's the information I was given.

Captain Happy
03-24-2015, 04:24 PM
It happens, this much is for sure!!

huskerdirt
03-24-2015, 04:29 PM
That's the information I was given.

People want to believe this theory that Lucas controls the track prep at every race. Especially when there happens to be a bad race like at Brownstown. I've caught a lot of sh!t in the past for saying that wasn't the case. I've seen with my own eyes, heard with my own ears that Lucas doesn't control the prep. The track crew controls the prep. I've seen bad races at tracks that have good prep. And I've seen bad tracks have great races. Sometimes that's just how it happens.

Lucas just like any series wants to put the best show on for the fans. Why would they want anything different?

Captain Happy
03-24-2015, 04:39 PM
Mother nature has the last word in any situation at any track. I personalty haven't taken the time to do the research of when Lucas races have been at their best just after a good rain, but this has been the way it goes from my observations only. I do believe tho Lucas does have a big impact on track prep for if no other reason you can't run hammer down week in and week out and still maintain the cars they have every week!!

Brownstown Speedway
03-24-2015, 04:55 PM
Just one question if I may, I feel it is relevant here... What did Lucas Officials recommend you to do that you refused? Thanks.They suggested we scratch the bottom lane with the rottera. No water.

Captain Happy
03-24-2015, 05:27 PM
They suggested we scratch the bottom lane with the rottera. No water.Thanks!! We know you did what you seen right...

Highside Hustler25
03-24-2015, 05:46 PM
And he didn't want to"

:D:D:DAnd you said my post was horse sh1t???

Kudos to Jim Price and any other promoter that schedules a event this time of the year. It usually never ends up good.

Just another reason I'm glad WoO rescheduled the Illini.

Mud Packer
03-24-2015, 05:48 PM
Coke,

Your first post said it was a direct quote. The next one you said that it was the information that you were given. So who exactly did you hear this from?

Captain Happy
03-24-2015, 05:52 PM
Ahhh yes... The BS has hit an all time high here today boys and girls!!! :D

Highside Hustler25
03-24-2015, 06:02 PM
Ahhh yes... The BS has hit an all time high here today boys and girls!!! :D

Off the charts Captain:DOff the charts indeed.

COKEandaSMILE
03-24-2015, 07:02 PM
People want to believe this theory that Lucas controls the track prep at every race. Especially when there happens to be a bad race like at Brownstown. I've caught a lot of sh!t in the past for saying that wasn't the case. I've seen with my own eyes, heard with my own ears that Lucas doesn't control the prep. The track crew controls the prep. I've seen bad races at tracks that have good prep. And I've seen bad tracks have great races. Sometimes that's just how it happens.

Lucas just like any series wants to put the best show on for the fans. Why would they want anything different?

It's fashionable to some , to bash them.

COKEandaSMILE
03-24-2015, 07:18 PM
Coke,

Your first post said it was a direct quote. The next one you said that it was the information that you were given. So who exactly did you hear this from?

Exactly!

It was a direct quote.,, from a conversation I had with a Lucas guy through messaging. Therefore, is both a quote and information I was given.

Don't let personal bias effect common sense.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-24-2015, 08:49 PM
Apparently you Lucas bashers weren't at Atomic on Friday. Twelve cars broke the track record. Knocked over half a second off of the TR. Track was not smooth or slick. Davenport was still faster than the old track record in the feature.

Sh!t happens, no track wants to give fans a sh!t show.

chupp n bloomer fan
03-24-2015, 08:57 PM
Wow, you got your apology and now you'll be back. You really thought they weren't doing all they could to provide a good track? Why people seem to feel so entitled to have the best experience of their life and then complain when it's not is beyond me. What a cry baby. Everyone is an expert these days. Don't pis em off or they will complain and you'll have to do the politically correct thing. What a douche. Try asking questions next time instead of jumping to conclusions.You've never been to a track where it's plainly obvious they only care about profit?

Yes, at times, stuff just doesn't work out. But at least try to show some effort. That is when I get frustrated. Plenty of tracks show no effort, and it means I won't return. I have better things to do with my time than watch cars follow each other's bumper.

COKEandaSMILE
03-25-2015, 06:58 AM
:D:D:DAnd you said my post was horse sh1t???

Only because it was.

Captain Happy
03-25-2015, 09:13 AM
Only because it was. Never known HH25 to bs. His posts have been consistent in truth with facts for many years now. Not to say your opinion is wrong. Anyone can miss it sometimes, and I'd say you did on this one... Just saying.

COKEandaSMILE
03-25-2015, 10:19 AM
You think I missed what?

Captain Happy
03-25-2015, 10:58 AM
Your calling post 10 "horse sh!t" COKE. His opinion made logical sense to me. :cool:

COKEandaSMILE
03-25-2015, 11:19 AM
If you are a fan that's just itchin to see any kind of racing, then by golly, go for it.
Just don't b1tch about it afterwards because 9 out of 10 time, this is the type racing you can get.

Gotcha happy, I replied as I did for a couple of reasons. The first is that I know of no one that demands the best track conditions for racing any time of the year let alone this time.

The second is his statement "just don't b!tch about it afterwards...." It wasn't the track condition that's the issue as much as it is the lack of effort by the promoter that I'm b!tching about.

Interestingly, the promoter agrees with me, that's why he was on here apologizing.

Doesn't look like I missed anything.

WVRACEFAN
03-25-2015, 11:29 AM
chupp n bloomer fan

Apparently you Lucas bashers weren't at Atomic on Friday. Twelve cars broke the track record. Knocked over half a second off of the TR. Track was not smooth or slick. Davenport was still faster than the old track record in the feature.

I was also at Atomic Friday , awesome show. Davenport Broke the track record on lap 39 of 50 in the feature. Superman smoked the field. But it was 2-3 wide for the entire 50 laps from about 3rd on back hammered down racing on the tackiest track I have ever seen. Don't blame Lucus oil series because they can only race on the track that is presented to them & im sure the Brownstown owner never intended on the poor track conditions.

Captain Happy
03-25-2015, 01:35 PM
Gotcha happy, I replied as I did for a couple of reasons. The first is that I know of no one that demands the best track conditions for racing any time of the year let alone this time.The second is his statement "just don't b!tch about it afterwards...." It wasn't the track condition that's the issue as much as it is the lack of effort by the promoter that I'm b!tching about.Interestingly, the promoter agrees with me, that's why he was on here apologizing.Doesn't look like I missed anything.Still a "crap shot" as was said so I don't see how it's horse shT. The Promoter did as he thought right, and that would have been his "effort" you say wasn't done. You do take a BIG shot at having a bad night this time of year as you said, and the wording "crap shot" is pretty much what you are saying here too!! Essentially you are saying the same "horse Sh!T"... That's what you're missing. :)

Highside Hustler25
03-25-2015, 01:40 PM
Well, since you continue to make a fool of yourself, and make yourself look sillier and sillier by the minute, who would one believe?
Brownstown Speedway or Coke anda Smile?
I probably wouldn't have even responded to your original post had you not come of like a jerk.

And he didn't want to"

They suggested we scratch the bottom lane with the rottera. No water.

shagger
03-25-2015, 02:15 PM
Still a "crap shot" as was said so I don't see how it's horse shT. The Promoter did as he thought right, and that would have been his "effort" you say wasn't done. You do take a BIG shot at having a bad night this time of year as you said, and the wording "crap shot" is pretty much what you are saying here too!! Essentially you are saying the same "horse Sh!T"... That's what you're missing. :) I don't understand why everybody is just talking about this race. I have been to the last 6 lucas races at brownstown and I have seen one good race. The race on Saturday does not compare to the one a couple of years ago, The Jackson, when Jimmy O won. I guarantee you that the cars were not even going 60 mph down the straightaways. The one this past Saturday doesnt compare to some I have seen there. I keep saying I won't go back, my wife couldn't believe I wanted to go the other night, wished I hadn't.

COKEandaSMILE
03-25-2015, 02:17 PM
This is part of the conversation.

Captain Happy
03-25-2015, 02:21 PM
I don't understand why everybody is just talking about this race. I have been to the last 6 lucas races at brownstown and I have seen one good race. The race on Saturday does not compare to the one a couple of years ago, The Jackson, when Jimmy O won. I guarantee you that the cars were not even going 60 mph down the straightaways. The one this past Saturday doesnt compare to some I have seen there. I keep saying I won't go back, my wife couldn't believe I wanted to go the other night, wished I hadn't.Like I said this can be expected at most places, not all, but most when Lucas is there, and I have gave my reason for it...

huskerdirt
03-25-2015, 02:33 PM
Like I said this can be expected at most places, not all, but most when Lucas is there, and I have gave my reason for it...

Maybe that has to do with the track itself and not the series. Ever thought of that????

Probably not.

COKEandaSMILE
03-25-2015, 02:44 PM
Where did anyone say to not believe b'town?

Captain Happy
03-25-2015, 02:48 PM
Maybe that has to do with the track itself and not the series. Ever thought of that????Probably not.Sure have, and I also think you should read what has been said before you shoot you pie hole off:p

Captain Happy
03-25-2015, 03:03 PM
Where did anyone say to not believe b'town?http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?341375-Brownstown-Speedway-and-the-Lucas-Oil-Series&p=1905456#post1905456 ....ask ole "Chuck Goff" he's sounds "goofy" enough to have said it... :cool:

huskerdirt
03-25-2015, 03:13 PM
Sure have, and I also think you should read what has been said before you shoot you pie hole off:p

Funny, I thought the same about you.

Your very first post in this thread was accusing Lucas of doing the track prep. Even went as far as saying that Lucas wouldn't go to these races if the track didn't cooperate.

Maybe you should think before you start making false accusations.

Oh one more question..... Have you even been to a Lucas race?

Captain Happy
03-25-2015, 03:22 PM
Funny, I thought the same about you.Your very first post in this thread was accusing Lucas of doing the track prep. Even went as far as saying that Lucas wouldn't go to these races if the track didn't cooperate.Maybe you should think before you start making false accusations.Oh one more question..... Have you even been to a Lucas race?Not making accusations thats your department. It is my opinion, and again read what has been said but we all know you read what you want to see... Yep, I've been to plenty Lucas races in the past, and as I have said they're not all, at certain tracks, sleepers... read what people say for a change you might actually sound as though you have some sense... :cool:

Highside Hustler25
03-25-2015, 03:37 PM
Not to disagree with you Husker, but how do you think Lucas would respond if the next 6-10 races were as tacky and hooked up as Atomic was last weekend? I think the touring regulars would voice their opinions enough that the series would have to respond somehow. I enjoy and prefer a hammer down track but I respect the racers, especially the touring guys that can't afford to miss a race because of torn up equipment. I have been to some tracks that generally prep a fast track on a weekly basis, then when Lucas comes to town, it's a dust bowl.

Captain Happy
03-25-2015, 03:45 PM
Not to disagree with you Husker, but how do you think Lucas would respond if the next 6-10 races were as tacky and hooked up as Atomic was last weekend? I think the touring regulars would voice their opinions enough that the series would have to respond somehow. I enjoy and prefer a hammer down track but I respect the racers, especially the touring guys that can't afford to miss a race because of torn up equipment. I have been to some tracks that generally prep a fast track on a weekly basis, then when Lucas comes to town, it's a dust bowl.Exactly!! My mistake was not putting enouh emphasis in my posts to folks like husker that I was making an observational opinion based on the simple facts!! Good Greffis, do we have to enplane everything to him??? :D

Captain Happy
03-25-2015, 03:49 PM
Not to disagree with you Husker, but how do you think Lucas would respond if the next 6-10 races were as tacky and hooked up as Atomic was last weekend? I think the touring regulars would voice their opinions enough that the series would have to respond somehow. I enjoy and prefer a hammer down track but I respect the racers, especially the touring guys that can't afford to miss a race because of torn up equipment. I have been to some tracks that generally prep a fast track on a weekly basis, then when Lucas comes to town, it's a dust bowl.Exactly!! My mistake was not putting enouh emphasis in my posts to folks like husker that I was making an observational opinion based on the simple facts!! Good Greffis, do we have to explain everything to him??? :D

huskerdirt
03-25-2015, 04:32 PM
Not to disagree with you Husker, but how do you think Lucas would respond if the next 6-10 races were as tacky and hooked up as Atomic was last weekend? I think the touring regulars would voice their opinions enough that the series would have to respond somehow. I enjoy and prefer a hammer down track but I respect the racers, especially the touring guys that can't afford to miss a race because of torn up equipment. I have been to some tracks that generally prep a fast track on a weekly basis, then when Lucas comes to town, it's a dust bowl.

Sure the touring regulars would voice there opinions, as would series officials. That's expected. But to say that Lucas controls the track prep at every(or any) race is a short sighted statement. They can make suggestions..... Does the track have to listen? Nope. Brownstown Speedway proved that with the posts they made on here. It was a bad race and right out of gate somebody blamed the series. Talk about speaking with there head shoved up there a$$. The weather this spring had been ridiculous. There was some doubt 14 days ago these races were even gonna happen. Nobody really knew what those two races were gonna bring as far as conditions go.

Whether it's hammer down or dry slick. A group of people aren't gonna be happy.

huskerdirt
03-25-2015, 04:38 PM
Exactly!! My mistake was not putting enouh emphasis in my posts to folks like husker that I was making an observational opinion based on the simple facts!! Good Greffis, do we have to explain everything to him??? :D

Mother nature has the last word in any situation at any track. I personalty haven't taken the time to do the research of when Lucas races have been at their best just after a good rain, but this has been the way it goes from my observations only I do believe tho Lucas does have a big impact on track prep for if no other reason you can't run hammer down week in and week out and still maintain the cars they have every week!!

Simple facts??????? Lol and lol some Morris.

SFrancisFan15
03-25-2015, 06:44 PM
Blackie is starting to show signs of senile dementia.

Captain Happy
03-25-2015, 08:30 PM
Simple facts??????? Lol and lol some Morris.These things confuse you yes!!! :)

*Bandit*
03-26-2015, 03:54 PM
Florence Speedway with the North/South race is usually great with no qualifying and straight up racing with the pill draw and double heats ....I love that race and last year it was incredible. I hope that this years is as good as last years.
Come to that show I don't think you will be disappointed

In The Gas
03-26-2015, 07:31 PM
Captain, you need to be banned or just shut the F up. Bottom line is a promoter came on line to apologize and all you can do argue. You are a cancer to the sport!
Thank you Mr. Prince for your statement! For you to make any statement shows you are all in . I as well as most that goes to Brownstown will be back because we know you will make it right. See you soon!

Captain Happy
03-26-2015, 07:43 PM
Captain, you need to be banned or just shut the F up. Bottom line is a promoter came on line to apologize and all you can do argue. You are a cancer to the sport!Thank you Mr. Prince for your statement! For you to make any statement shows you are all in . I as well as most that goes to Brownstown will be back because we know you will make it right. See you soon!Do you talk to your mom that way sweets?:p Anyway... It's ok to have differences of opinions. I too thought it was pretty cool He came on here and took the hit "maned up" shows caricature and credibility!! I love B-Town been going there for many years now, when Lucas ain't there... :cool:

chupp n bloomer fan
03-26-2015, 09:19 PM
chupp n bloomer fan

I was also at Atomic Friday , awesome show. Davenport Broke the track record on lap 39 of 50 in the feature. Superman smoked the field. But it was 2-3 wide for the entire 50 laps from about 3rd on back hammered down racing on the tackiest track I have ever seen. Don't blame Lucus oil series because they can only race on the track that is presented to them & im sure the Brownstown owner never intended on the poor track conditions.I don't think you think I did, but I wasn't bashing Atomic at all. They did a really good job with the track.

Clayton_Wetter
03-27-2015, 08:18 PM
Captain, you need to be banned or just shut the F up. Bottom line is a promoter came on line to apologize and all you can do argue. You are a cancer to the sport!
Thank you Mr. Prince for your statement! For you to make any statement shows you are all in . I as well as most that goes to Brownstown will be back because we know you will make it right. See you soon!

I think a wee bit of tolerance and respect would be welcome to you!!

Clayton_Wetter
03-27-2015, 08:21 PM

The trouble is, is that they can get away with a "hit and run" race once or twice a year at all the tracks they go to and buy next season the "dry slick express" is all but forgotten.

D. Tidrow
03-27-2015, 10:57 PM
The trouble is, is that they can get away with a "hit and run" race once or twice a year at all the tracks they go to and buy next season the "dry slick express" is all but forgotten.I do agree to some degree. I made a weekend out of Chillicothe and Brownstown. I was happy with Chillicothe but not so much with Brownstown. It is March and I was Needing a fix for late model racing, so it wasn't a total let down. I will say after my first trip to atomic, it won't be my last. Awesome track, good history and great track prep.

Clayton_Wetter
03-28-2015, 03:05 PM
I don't understand why everybody is just talking about this race. I have been to the last 6 lucas races at brownstown and I have seen one good race. The race on Saturday does not compare to the one a couple of years ago, The Jackson, when Jimmy O won. I guarantee you that the cars were not even going 60 mph down the straightaways. The one this past Saturday doesnt compare to some I have seen there. I keep saying I won't go back, my wife couldn't believe I wanted to go the other night, wished I hadn't.

I've dealt with this problem for many years and I keep hoping that someone will put an end to it and commit to making a good track surface to run on. Lucas races includes!!

Clayton_Wetter
03-28-2015, 03:07 PM
I do agree to some degree. I made a weekend out of Chillicothe and Brownstown. I was happy with Chillicothe but not so much with Brownstown. It is March and I was Needing a fix for late model racing, so it wasn't a total let down. I will say after my first trip to atomic, it won't be my last. Awesome track, good history and great track prep.

Atomic certainly was an exception. lol