PDA

View Full Version : USRA 6th Coil, whats legal

Mwm60
03-24-2015, 02:52 PM
What is everyone using for usra 6th coil, what works the best?, Can you still use a spring?

Andy

Mwm60
03-26-2015, 06:32 PM
ttttttttttt

powerslide
03-27-2015, 08:49 AM
The rules make it sound like no springs will be allowed on the 6th coil.

a limiting chain (with or without a biscuit for cushion).

LateModel B23
03-27-2015, 09:33 AM
8.8 Only one (1) mechanical traction device is permitted. Only one (1) pull bar or one (1) lift arm is permitted. No other options will be permitted.
8.8.1 Floating, pivoting and/or rotating mounts or brackets of any sort (connected or associated to the pull bar or lift arm) are not allowed.
8.8.2(a) Lift Arm is defined as solid steel triangulated bar that is connected at the top (with one heim) and bottom (with one heim) of the rear end housing, extending forward where it is connected to a shock (that may utilize only the heim directly related to that one shock (ONE ON EACH END), shock spring coil over combination (that may utilize only the heims directly related to that one shock (ONE ON EACH END) and a limiting chain (with or without a biscuit for cushion). Only one heim is permitted in this configuration. One stabilizer bar is permitted to locate the front of the lift arm from left to right in the car.
8.8.2(b) Pull Bar is defined as a continuous assembly (that may or may not contain a spring or biscuit assembly located in line to absorb torque) that is connected to the top of the rear end with one heim and extends forward to a solid mounting point located on the chassis where it is connected with one heim. The mounting location at both the front and rear of the pull bar may be adjustable but must remain constant during competition (cannot be adjustable from the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit).

I read it that one spring is allowed.

powerslide
03-27-2015, 09:46 AM
Thats the way i undestand it even though traditionally a liftarm has 2 springs. But you can run a spring for controlling accel and then you can have a biscuit for decel. If you want to really know call or email USRA 515-835-9946 or email tech@usraracing.com

Mwm60
03-27-2015, 11:21 AM
Thats the way i undestand it even though traditionally a liftarm has 2 springs. But you can run a spring for controlling accel and then you can have a biscuit for decel. If you want to really know call or email USRA 515-835-9946 or email tech@usraracing.com

Thats what i was thinking of putting together, i have a whers spring one on the car, kinda confusing? lol