PDA

View Full Version : Morning Motorsports ride?????

rayburnracer18
03-26-2015, 03:17 AM
With Lucas Oil off Easter weekend does anyone know if EPJ will be wheeling the Moring car at the LaSalle Thaw Brawl?

MILLER7FAN
03-26-2015, 06:56 AM
Earls website doesn't have him in the Moring ride until the Dream.

Captain Happy
03-26-2015, 08:51 AM
What chassis is the Moring ride again, I forget?

george w
03-26-2015, 09:36 AM
I wanna say when hootie was in it last year it was a black daimond club car .

Barbecueboy
03-26-2015, 09:36 AM
Believe you are correct dubya........

Captain Happy
03-26-2015, 10:34 AM
Was it last or the year before Erb won this race in a Rayburn? Sorry, my mind is slipping here as of late.

JMDraceHD98
03-26-2015, 11:16 AM
I believe it was a black diamond. Stuckey i think is considered the crew chief on the moring ride.

JMDraceHD98
03-26-2015, 11:18 AM
Was it last or the year before Erb won this race in a Rayburn? Sorry, my mind is slipping here as of late.

I believe you are correct. Track was like a cornfield, but erb was still smooth.

HoosierDirtFan
03-26-2015, 11:44 AM

That was last year he won in a Rayburn.

RoundNrOUND
03-26-2015, 12:45 PM
The Moring cars no matter who has been in then since I can remember were a "something" by Stuckey. He also is always there with that car wherever it may be.

WisWildManFan
03-26-2015, 01:42 PM
That was last year he won in a Rayburn.leauge of his own last year at this race, think bobby snuck up there toward the end if I remember right. Field looks pretty stacked with regional and IL national guys this year. Can't get here quick enough. Almost hoping some of the real big time guys don't show because field looks really even talent wise to me right now.

MotoMatt
03-26-2015, 02:20 PM
where are you seeing the entry list?

HoosierDirtFan
03-26-2015, 02:30 PM
where are you seeing the entry list?

None officially. Just a guy on Facebook with the name "Illinois Dirt". He created a Facebook event page under the name "Thaw Brawl 2015" for this race and is posting names after he receives an e-mail or Facebook message from the driver or team representative.

bullring
03-26-2015, 02:37 PM
It's on here under the heading Driver Roll Call

SuperEight
03-26-2015, 03:09 PM
What chassis is the Moring ride again, I forget?

Isn't Moring a Barry Wright dealer or am I think of someone else?

Hollis
03-26-2015, 03:29 PM
Isn't Moring a Barry Wright dealer or am I think of someone else? You may be thinking of Ekrich.I think he is still a BW dealer

zyoung25
03-26-2015, 05:21 PM
The Moring cars no matter who has been in then since I can remember were a "something" by Stuckey. He also is always there with that car wherever it may be.

I remember seeing Stuckey with O'Neal at some races when he drove this car, it was masters by Stuckey then. I also seen him with Wallace last year, which it was a black diamond then. I can't remember what Miller had....I'm almost sure Francis had a rocket back in his days in that car. I believe Gary Webb always ran GRT.

JAX1FAN
03-26-2015, 06:22 PM
MILLER7FAN what is Earls website? Or can someone post it on here?

HoosierDirtFan
03-26-2015, 06:31 PM
Earl Pearson Jr.
Per website schedule
His website - www.earlpearsonjr1.com

Here are the races he is slated to be in the Morning Motorsports car.

6/04 - Eldora - DREAM 100
6/05 - Eldora - DREAM 100
6/06 - Eldora - DREAM 100

6/25 - Lernerville - FIRECRACKER 100
6/26 - Lernerville - FIRECRACKER 100
6/27 - Lernerville - FIRECRACKER 100

7/24 - Fairbury - PRAIRIE DIRT CLASSIC
7/25 - Fairbury - PRAIRIE DIRT CLASSIC

7/30 - Cedar Lake - USA NATIONALS
7/31 - Cedar Lake - USA NATIONALS
8/01 - Cedar Lake - USA NATIONALS

drtrkr244
03-26-2015, 06:33 PM
MILLER7FAN what is Earls website? Or can someone post it on here?

http://www.earlpearsonjr1.com/

WisWildManFan
03-26-2015, 07:12 PM
where are you seeing the entry list?Lasalle speedway facebook

Captain Happy
03-26-2015, 07:25 PM
That was last year he won in a Rayburn.Thanks, I couldn't recall due to the senile dementia kicking in here...

Josh Bayko
03-26-2015, 08:14 PM
I remember seeing Stuckey with O'Neal at some races when he drove this car, it was masters by Stuckey then. I also seen him with Wallace last year, which it was a black diamond then. I can't remember what Miller had....I'm almost sure Francis had a rocket back in his days in that car. I believe Gary Webb always ran GRT.

Miller was in a Rocket when he was in the car. I'm thinking that Moring goes with whatever chassis his driver wants, to be honest.

MILLER7FAN
03-26-2015, 08:49 PM
Miller was in a Francis leftover Rocket then all Mastersbilt by Stuckey. Stuckey wasn't there when Francis drove for him, I don't think.

FastEd95
03-27-2015, 11:08 AM
I remember seeing Stuckey with O'Neal at some races when he drove this car, it was masters by Stuckey then. I also seen him with Wallace last year, which it was a black diamond then. I can't remember what Miller had....I'm almost sure Francis had a rocket back in his days in that car. I believe Gary Webb always ran GRT.Webb ran a Rocket for Moring a couple different years (with some success), but most of his wins came in the GRT.

Captain Happy
03-27-2015, 12:48 PM
Hoping Erb comes back with a repeat, and is EPJ coming or not??

MotoMatt
03-27-2015, 01:48 PM
Webb ran a Rocket for Moring a couple different years (with some success), but most of his wins came in the GRT.Now that was a long time ago, both Webb in Morings car(Mid nineties) and him having any success...

huskerdirt
03-27-2015, 02:19 PM
Now that was a long time ago, both Webb in Morings car(Mid nineties) and him having any success...

I remember seeing that car for the first time. I was just a kid at the time. Ugly brown toter, and this tan and brown car. I thought what the heck...... Is that Gary Webb? It was a Busch all star race back at the old Sunset Speedway outside of Omaha.

zyoung25
03-27-2015, 03:41 PM
I remember seeing that car for the first time. I was just a kid at the time. Ugly brown toter, and this tan and brown car. I thought what the heck...... Is that Gary Webb? It was a Busch all star race back at the old Sunset Speedway outside of Omaha.

I kinda liked that ugly tan or brown car....it was different haha.

I actually still have the old die cast action made of it.

huskerdirt
03-27-2015, 03:48 PM
I kinda liked that ugly tan or brown car....it was different haha.

I actually still have the old die cast action made of it.

I bought the diecast a couple of years ago for my dad.

Definitely thought it was ugly at first..... But it grew on me.

MotoMatt
03-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Yep, that's the one. I remember when he was hard to beat around North Central Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska on the Busch Allstar Tour, which said something. It was always a good show at Davenport with him, the Kosiski's and Ray Guss Jr. etc battling it out. He washed up pretty hard after the early 2000's I thinkIs he still running anything or did he finally give it up for good?

Birky15Bfan
03-27-2015, 04:38 PM
John Anderson also ran a Moring car a few races one summer.It had his number 21x on it instead of the 1K of his normal ride that year.

MUD MAESTRO
03-27-2015, 05:45 PM
[QUOTE=MotoMatt;1906767]Yep, that's the one. I remember when he was hard to beat around North Central Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska on the Busch Allstar Tour, which said something. It was always a good show at Davenport with him, the Kosiski's and Ray Guss Jr. etc battling it out. He washed up pretty hard after the early 2000's I thinkIs he still running anything or did he finally give it up for good?[/QUOTE

Understand Webb will be running his own equipment this year. Webb has a heavy workload and finding time to race is challenging.
Remember Gary won the NASCAR weekly racing deal in the Mooring car. The championship paid $100,000, rumor has it that Webb recieved all proceeds and all Mooring wanted was the trophy.

plunks7
03-27-2015, 10:42 PM
Webb has never stopped running. And yes Gary ran davenport weekly. Drove a car that someone owned out of Davenport. Tore the car up with about 3 weeks left in the season. Mud Maestro is right. He did win a championship with the Moring car. He also won multiple track championships that year. He claimed Dubuque as his home track when he won because of high car counts. The championship paid $150,000. And then a year or 2 after that Larry and Gary had a major fall out. I believe it was because Moring wanted to run a Ford and Webb wanted nothing to do with it or vice a versa. Parted ways and have not talked since.

plunks7
03-27-2015, 10:51 PM
One must have to think that driving for Moring must be difficult. Because there are plenty of good drivers that come out of IL, Iowa and Wis. that he could approach. And if he did they all rejected him. Strange wouldn't you say? Moring is based in IL. owns Moring Disposal.

Highside Hustler25
03-28-2015, 05:10 AM
I think it all boils down to Larry only wanting to run a limited few events per year. Far from a full time ride. Last time I saw them, ONeal was in the car, Terre Haute S.N., and they spanked the field on the fast 1/2 miler.
This ride seems to be perfect fit for someone who runs a tour and wants to race a few times in a non Lucas/WoO sanctioned race. I'm sure Larry Moring could put a quality driver in that seat any time he wanted to.

Captain Happy
03-28-2015, 10:45 AM
Birky would fill that seat perfectly!!! :)

Captain Happy
03-28-2015, 10:56 AM
Earl Pearson Jr.
Per website schedule
His website - www.earlpearsonjr1.com

Here are the races he is slated to be in the Morning Motorsports car.

6/04 - Eldora - DREAM 100
6/05 - Eldora - DREAM 100
6/06 - Eldora - DREAM 100

6/25 - Lernerville - FIRECRACKER 100
6/26 - Lernerville - FIRECRACKER 100
6/27 - Lernerville - FIRECRACKER 100

7/24 - Fairbury - PRAIRIE DIRT CLASSIC
7/25 - Fairbury - PRAIRIE DIRT CLASSIC

7/30 - Cedar Lake - USA NATIONALS
7/31 - Cedar Lake - USA NATIONALS
8/01 - Cedar Lake - USA NATIONALS

Can't wait to see him run that thing at FALS!!!

over4T
03-28-2015, 08:01 PM
About 2000 or 2001 Webb won all but, I think, one feature at Dubuque in Moring's car. He was nearly unbeatable everywhere they went that year. Most guys would love to have one season like that and Gary Webb had several. Those Sunday shows were something and before they put a wall around the outside of the track.

plunks7
03-28-2015, 09:08 PM
About 2000 or 2001 Webb won all but, I think, one feature at Dubuque in Moring's car. He was nearly unbeatable everywhere they went that year. Most guys would love to have one season like that and Gary Webb had several. Those Sunday shows were something and before they put a wall around the outside of the track.

over4T He lost one as you stated. Gary was leading the race and on the last lap coming out of corner 2 broke the fuel line. He was short of line by about 30 yards. And as far as the Sunday night shows at Dubuque. They still are something and even better with the wall!!!!!!

over4T
03-29-2015, 12:18 AM
A competitor friend's son spent a year crewing for Moring's team when Steve Francis had the ride. I ran into him at the Show Me and he was as surprised to see me as I was him. He said Larry gave them everything they needed and treated them right. He just didn't care much for the small town in Illinois where they were based and the sidewalks were rolled up at sundown so he left after that season and went back to Fallon, Nevada, an even smaller town known for the Navy's Top Gun fighter pilot school and the alfalfa fields and Rattlesnake Raceway. His dad was good, his brother was good and, when he came home, he was really good with the Pro Stocks and they were all very hard to beat. Guess he learned a few things with Moring. His dad had a big rig shop with one of the coolest names for a business; C.O.D. Garage.

FastEd95
03-29-2015, 07:13 AM
Webb won 13 of 18 NASCAR features at Dubuque in 1999, plus the season-ending Busch All Star Tour race. He also won the NASCAR regional title that year. In 2000, Gary won the first 15 weekly features until late August when he couldn't quite get by Darren Miller for his 16th. Then on championship night they ran double features and Webb won his 16th feature in race #1, but then broke like Plunks said on the final lap going for win #17. I remember thinking that might have cost him the National title, but thankfully it didn't.

SuperEight
03-29-2015, 11:14 AM
You may be thinking of Ekrich.I think he is still a BW dealer

Ooops, no it was Tim Logan I was thinking of thats a BWRC dealer. My bad, carry on.