PDA

View Full Version : Appleton Rack opinions

jrkracing54
03-31-2015, 09:36 AM
I was wondering if anyone has any info good or bad on these racks. I have only ever used Woodward and am just curious what you guys think. I hate to say it but they are a little cheaper but I've learned you get what you pay for. Thanks John 1*

FlatTire
03-31-2015, 09:43 AM
I had a few Appletons over the years. They were always leaking and breaking teeth off. I tried to sell my used ones and nobody wanted them. 4yrs ago I went with a Sweet and still no chipped teeth or leaks.

jrkracing54
03-31-2015, 09:49 AM
I had a few Appletons over the years. They were always leaking and breaking teeth off. I tried to sell my used ones and nobody wanted them. 4yrs ago I went with a Sweet and still no chipped teeth or leaks.

Point taken. Just never heard a lot about them. Thought I would ask. Thanks John 1*

rakracing
03-31-2015, 05:40 PM
this kinda goes with the steering wheel discussion, my experience ive had appletons, brts ,wilwoods, now use the sweet double pull and wont use anything else, had a applleton in the car when I broke my arm they seem to give a lot of kickback when you touch wheels, buy a sweet rack if you can, and you wont drop out of races becauce the ram bolt breaks and no power steering.

hucktyson
03-31-2015, 05:45 PM
Woodward is the ultimate indestructible power steering racks and servos ... There's a reason sweets are half as much.

rakracing
03-31-2015, 05:56 PM
wilwoods are a good rack ,but ive had the ram bolt break on them also, ended up with a high grade bolt and welded the arm to the shaft.

hucktyson
03-31-2015, 06:20 PM
The new style clevis Woodwards don't have a bolt.

rakracing
03-31-2015, 07:35 PM
like I said ain't used one since 2008 , new car had a sweet sold the old car and gave him the spare 1200 dollar rack with it. there both good but wouldn't use a Appleton.

jrkracing54
04-01-2015, 06:08 AM
Thanks for all the input guys. I think I will stick with the Woodward. I also like all the tech support I have received from them in the past. Always good to learn a little something though. John 1*