PDA

View Full Version : Lasalle Speedway results

Dirt Track*UMP
04-04-2015, 09:09 AM
Good racing.

http://lasallespeedway.com

TheJet-09
04-04-2015, 09:33 AM
You don't want to miss tonight! The track was in great shape for the first race of the year and an already stellar field is rumored to grow even more. Seeing Bloomquist and Moyer race side by side is worth the price of admission alone! The weather is better and there is no tomorrow! See you there!

MotoMatt
04-04-2015, 10:17 AM
Anyone know what happened to Guss Jr.? He was running in the top ten and pulled off. Would be great to see the hall of famer run good against that competition at LaSalle

Captain Happy
04-04-2015, 11:13 AM
No one was going to catch Bobby last night but "good racing" LMAO!!!! They will have it multi lane tonight but "good racing" come on... Lol, some more!!!!! It was all around the bottom most of the night... "good racing"????? Now that was funny right there now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

WisWildManFan
04-04-2015, 11:17 AM
One groove choo choo train last night, hoping we will see a better race tonight

Captain Happy
04-04-2015, 11:23 AM
One groove choo choo train last night, hoping we will see a better race tonight

It will be. They didn't do the track work to make it racy last night, but I'm sure they will tonight. I hope they, or Bobby moves the dam tires to the bottom tonight! :rolleyes:

Captain Happy
04-04-2015, 11:24 AM
"Good Racing"???? Man that was a good one!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Dirt Track*UMP
04-04-2015, 11:27 AM
No one was going to catch Bobby last night but "good racing" LMAO!!!! They will have it multi lane tonight but "good racing" come on... Lol, some more!!!!! It was all around the bottom most of the night... "good racing"????? Now that was funny right there now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Rusty Schlenk did come in one position above Jason Feger. Reminds me of the old UMP battle back in 2010. Tonight will be better racing i am sure. Good luck to everyone who is racing tonight. Remember, Rusty is now driving a Rocket.

cgrace
04-04-2015, 11:31 AM
hopin 4 more grooves tonight

Bubstr
04-04-2015, 11:32 AM
Seen the highlights on DOD, great track for a first race of the season. Wish I could go tonight. Little Bobby had them covered last night, one of the best bottom feeders and T Mac one of the best at rim riding. It's hard to fool the Big boys twice. It should be a interesting race tonight.

WisWildManFan
04-04-2015, 11:36 AM
It will be. They didn't do the track work to make it racy last night, but I'm sure they will tonight. I hope they, or Bobby moves the dam tires to the bottom tonight! :rolleyes:That's the farthest I've ever seen tires out at lasalle

Highside Hustler25
04-04-2015, 12:10 PM
hopin 4 more grooves tonight

I'll second that and say no more.

zooker25
04-04-2015, 02:27 PM
That's the farthest I've ever seen tires out at lasalle Totally agree why would a they try to make the track more narrow. I just don't get it, you have a nice wide turn and you throw tires on the lower groove.

WisWildManFan
04-04-2015, 02:41 PM
It looked like the radius of the tires was really throwing some guys off. A lot of them would have the wheels turned dead right after they went by second tire

plunks7
04-04-2015, 02:50 PM
Totally agree why would a they try to make the track more narrow. I just don't get it, you have a nice wide turn and you throw tires on the lower groove.

The big money is on the line tonight. More than likely saving the bottom for better racing for the Big show. Track maybe a little soft down low and did not want to create a hole.

WisWildManFan
04-04-2015, 03:25 PM
The big money is on the line tonight. More than likely saving the bottom for better racing for the Big show. Track maybe a little soft down low and did not want to create a hole.Sure hope they do something different

Barbecueboy
04-04-2015, 03:56 PM
The big money is on the line tonight. More than likely saving the bottom for better racing for the Big show. Track maybe a little soft down low and did not want to create a hole.

I think you may be on to something plunks........

Sambo
04-04-2015, 06:03 PM
That's the farthest I've ever seen tires out at lasalle

If tonight starts out anything like last night hopefully they move em up another car length....The high line was actually starting to come in a lil after they pushed them out

WisWildManFan
04-04-2015, 06:47 PM
Tires in 20 feet from last night

Sambo
04-04-2015, 06:55 PM
Tires in 20 feet from last night

Keep us updated Wildman !

WisWildManFan
04-04-2015, 07:06 PM
Keep us updated Wildman !I would but I plan on being (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)faced sambo, sober last night and nothing to report lol

Sambo
04-04-2015, 07:12 PM
I would but I plan on being (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)faced sambo, sober last night and nothing to report lol

You just gained ALL my respect sir >!!<.....Get completely Chitfaced and report what ya sorta remember in the morning >!!!<

WisWildManFan
04-04-2015, 08:01 PM
Tell u wat at least they were running top in heats , maybe it was the booze but I'm already happier tonight! Plus it's warmer! Lol

Bubstr
04-04-2015, 08:21 PM
Here is a link to twitter for updates for tonight.
https://twitter.com/pdavis18491988
P Davis is as good as they come at updates and throws a lot of info as yo what's happening at real time.

WisWildManFan
04-04-2015, 10:04 PM
(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)in Canuck looks good at lap 21 lol

Sambo
04-04-2015, 10:14 PM
(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)in Canuck looks good at lap 21 lol

53 in tracks rubbering up

george w
04-04-2015, 10:26 PM
Pierce yanks out the broom !

Nasty55
04-04-2015, 10:27 PM
Feature: Pierce Chr Simpson Weiss Shirley Landers Bloomquist Heckenast Jr Erb Jr Casebolt Moyer Sheppard Feger top 12

plunks7
04-04-2015, 10:27 PM

Easy on the Canuck wording.:)

george w
04-04-2015, 10:28 PM
Pierce
Simpson
Wiess
Shirley
Landers
Bloomy
Heckenast
Erb

MUD MAESTRO
04-04-2015, 10:33 PM
This win for young Pierce is huge. Not only a big pay day, but considering the competition he beat, this kid is headed for the top. Congrats to the whole Pierce team.

TheJet-09
04-04-2015, 11:43 PM
Heckenast jr put on a show on the high side until it rubbered up and you had to be on the bottom. Great show overall!!! Congrats to Pierce!

racefan204
04-04-2015, 11:45 PM
How did Weiss race? I'm a little surprised he finished third with that competition

TheJet-09
04-05-2015, 12:06 AM
I took notice of him after last night. Don't know that I've ever seen him race but read the recent article on him in DLM magazine. Impressive run Friday night but I figured he wasn't used to the tires and probably hadn't been to LaSalle before (I obviously could be wrong on both accounts) so he fell back at the end. But man he backed it up with an even more impressive run tonight. He's legit!

racefan204
04-05-2015, 12:29 AM
I don't think Weiss has ever raced there but he comes from wissota that has a single compound and I think he's always struggled a bit with tires and predicting the track. Hes a decent driver but tends to push it a bit to far at times and can have a decent temper. He's had a few tantrums at our local track

WisWildManFan
04-05-2015, 12:31 AM
Heckenast jr put on a show on the high side until it rubbered up and you had to be on the bottom. Great show overall!!! Congrats to Pierce!99jr was the show, weiss best I've ever seen as an outsider . 32 shop was closin early And I told mama 32 better stay open if u win and she laughed B4 feature

WisWildManFan
04-05-2015, 12:34 AM
733 was a badass all w/e

WisWildManFan
04-05-2015, 12:55 AM
god (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) that Manitoba moose lol, good run Ricky

Sambo
04-05-2015, 07:37 AM
Better track prep and keeping them tires pushed out made for sum good racing !!!

SHOE32
04-05-2015, 09:23 AM
Bloomer screwed himself spinning on his own in the heat race.He charged from 18th to sixth in the feature,but the track locked down after that.Still a good race,though.

Highside Hustler25
04-05-2015, 09:31 AM
Bloomer screwed himself spinning on his own in the heat race.He charged from 18th to sixth in the feature,but the track locked down after that.Still a good race,though.

I was wondering if Bloomer had gotten any help on that one or if he fruit looped it on his own. Saw him parked in the corner and missed what took place. Don't see that too often. Wish the track would have held out for another 25 laps. Good race though.

Captain Happy
04-05-2015, 10:10 AM
I was wondering if Bloomer had gotten any help on that one or if he fruit looped it on his own. Saw him parked in the corner and missed what took place. Don't see that too often. Wish the track would have held out for another 25 laps. Good race though.

He put himself to the tail on that one, without a trick window net or anything else to help him. :D

sasteveo023
04-05-2015, 01:09 PM
He put himself to the tail on that one, without a trick window net or anything else to help him. :D

Might have used those "trick shocks" and done a bit better.:)

sievert5fan
04-05-2015, 02:33 PM
What's funny about the good racing comment? Heckenast put on a helluva show for 10-15 laps flying around the highside until he burned up his tires and Leka drove from 18th to 6th in the mod feature running pretty much where ever he needed to. I thought the racing was good.

Captain Happy
04-05-2015, 05:32 PM
What's funny about the good racing comment? Heckenast put on a helluva show for 10-15 laps flying around the highside until he burned up his tires and Leka drove from 18th to 6th in the mod feature running pretty much where ever he needed to. I thought the racing was good.

Read the date... Thanks :)

Captain Happy
04-05-2015, 05:36 PM
The racing the second night was awesome up to about lap 30... Oh well. :cool:

Like what Tony said at the end of the race, and how in Earl's honor he rolled the bill of his hat up!! First class!!!!

Captain Happy
04-05-2015, 05:41 PM
sievert5fan, Heckenast wasn't even there the night I was referring to. :)

HoosierDirtFan
04-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Racing was ok; but could have been better. But I'll give the kid his due Bobby Pierce had the field covered this weekend at LaSalle Speedway. Frank Heckenast Jr. put on a show about the middle of Saturday evenings race running the high side until I believe he burnt up his right rear. I'm going to give some praise to Ricky Weiss as he had a decent showing both nights. Landers looked good until about the last 20 laps of the Saturday night show.

Thanks to Tony Izzo Jr. and the staff at LaSalle for giving us fans and racers a place to go early in the season and put on a show.

SHOE32
04-05-2015, 08:54 PM
Earlier in the year I read that feger was maybe in development talks with an unknown chassis brand to work with.Just speculation,but he was parked with Chris Simpson and Matt Fuhrman who run Jimmy mars chassis.Maybe he and squirrel are developing mars chassis.Anyone know?

blncfn57
04-05-2015, 09:34 PM
Earlier in the year I read that feger was maybe in development talks with an unknown chassis brand to work with.Just speculation,but he was parked with Chris Simpson and Matt Fuhrman who run Jimmy mars chassis.Maybe he and squirrel are developing mars chassis.Anyone know?

Simpson is in a club 29 car.

SHOESTRING TRVLR
04-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Feger and Simpson have cheap cars as a sponsor as does Shirley. Simpson and Furman are iowa racing buddies. I would say that is why they were all parked by each other.

SHOE32
04-07-2015, 08:30 PM
I thought Simpson was in a club29.But the announcer at lasalle said he was in a mars race car.I thought he was wrong.So what is feger running,just his own design.

tiretester
04-08-2015, 11:43 AM
I don't think Weiss has ever raced there but he comes from wissota that has a single compound and I think he's always struggled a bit with tires and predicting the track. Hes a decent driver but tends to push it a bit to far at times and can have a decent temper. He's had a few tantrums at our local track

I've seen weiss do some stupid things on and off the track. Smart mouth punk burning up the old mans money. Back in 2012 he rolled papa's car over in time trials at the WoO July race. He was telling anyone who would listen how he was going to show the World of Outlaw regulars how to set fast time at Grand Forks! The clown back it up a couple months later doing the same thing during the John Sietz Memorial weeend of racing.

plunks7
04-08-2015, 11:52 AM
I've seen weiss do some stupid things on and off the track. Smart mouth punk burning up the old mans money. Back in 2012 he rolled papa's car over in time trials at the WoO July race. He was telling anyone who would listen how he was going to show the World of Outlaw regulars how to set fast time at Grand Forks! The clown back it up a couple months later doing the same thing during the John Sietz Memorial weeend of racing.

Maybe it was the tires?

Bubstr
04-08-2015, 11:55 AM
I thought Simpson was in a club29.But the announcer at lasalle said he was in a mars race car.I thought he was wrong.So what is feger running,just his own design.

I know, he had a Mars by Berkoffer, before he bought the Club 29. I assumed he sold that car. Does anyone really know?

I can see the improvement in C Simpson. I'm not sure if it's the car fits him better or just getting better because he runs against better competition the last couple years. Seems he runs the better paying regional shows and any big shows that are close.

what-up-dog
04-08-2015, 05:51 PM
Where were all the Fairbury guys, Bull, Harlan etc.

huskerdirt
04-08-2015, 06:15 PM
I know, he had a Mars by Berkoffer, before he bought the Club 29. I assumed he sold that car. Does anyone really know?

I can see the improvement in C Simpson. I'm not sure if it's the car fits him better or just getting better because he runs against better competition the last couple years. Seems he runs the better paying regional shows and any big shows that are close.

In 2013 he had Birkys yellow MB Custom that Birky won with the previous year. He also had a MB that Brian and him put together. In 2014, when Brian switched to Rockets, Chris got one also. He switched off between the MB and Rocket. He seemed to run better in the MB. The yellow MB car was sold to Furman before 2014 and I believe still runs that car. Late last year around September he got the club 29. Sold the other MB and got another club 29 for this year.

CHEYENNE1
04-09-2015, 12:49 AM

Well obviously you don't know Ricky very well cause those aren't comments that he would say. I was there for both of the races you are talking about and know exactly what happened and your not even close.
And if you think that Ricky is a smart mouth punk go have a chat with Derek he could fill yah in.
Ricky doesn't talk like you say he does and is actually quite humble when it comes to these big shows.
As for the La salle race it wasn' his car he was driving.

loosegrip
04-10-2015, 12:11 PM
Well obviously you don't know Ricky very well cause those aren't comments that he would say. I was there for both of the races you are talking about and know exactly what happened and your not even close.
And if you think that Ricky is a smart mouth punk go have a chat with Derek he could fill yah in.
Ricky doesn't talk like you say he does and is actually quite humble when it comes to these big shows.
As for the La salle race it wasn' his car he was driving.

This guy Weiss is racing only because his papa is funding the deal, nothing else. He'll stay racing as long as someone foots the bill. The day the money stops thats when the racing ends. I only respect the racers that earned the ride, not born into a ride.

MotoMatt
04-10-2015, 01:07 PM
So Loosegrip, you don't respect anyone who's family is paying the bill for them? Let me ask you this, if you had a kid that wanted to race, and you had the means to put them in a car, you wouldn't do it? Sounds to me someone is but*hurt because there papa couldn't put them in a car...STFU next time you think you have something intelligent to say...

Highside Hustler25
04-10-2015, 05:52 PM
This guy Weiss is racing only because his papa is funding the deal, nothing else. He'll stay racing as long as someone foots the bill. The day the money stops thats when the racing ends. I only respect the racers that earned the ride, not born into a ride.

Then you obviously don't have respect for the majority of racers.