PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Rayburn

bigk44
04-05-2015, 12:18 AM
Running car on 4bar. Have an issue with car wanting to turn right 1/2way down the straight away. Comes off corner (4) good then 1/2 way down straight away with steering straight car hooks to right. Not as bad on the back stretch but still does it. Where do I start looking? We were running 4" of rear stagger and 3/4" on the front. Bars are all neutral and have 120lbs of bite. Any ideas??

TheJet-09
04-05-2015, 01:38 AM
I'm not at all familiar with a Rayburn but this doesn't sound like a brand specific issue. What size track is it? Is there by chance something significantly different about the front stretch versus the back (like a hump because of a smaller inside track or where cars cross the track from the pits)? Is the car coming off the bars on the LR down the straight (do you run a traction shock)? What do your travel indicators show (any one corner bottoming out)?

bigk44
04-05-2015, 06:53 AM
Track is high banked 3/8 front and back are the same as far as I can tell, no major humps or nothing. I do run a traction shock and RF is getting 4.25 inches and RR is 4 inches of travel. Car is on bars when it happens. It almost feels like someone trying to turn you, but no other cars near me. When I come in the pits the RR tire is 30 degrees hotter not much but it is hotter.

TheJet-09
04-05-2015, 09:57 AM
Is either the track or car new to you? Aside from something binding/sticking on the car I'd have to consider the track. Have you asked anyone else if they feel something similar? I'm only emphasizing that based on my having been to two tracks where I experienced that. The first was a large half-mile where they cut a smaller track inside, so you hit the exit to the smaller track's turn four about halfway down the front stretch. The second was in Michigan where there was a section of the front stretch that was somewhat "sandy" and it would pull you right. As long as you knew it was coming it was manageable. I'm curious to see what others have to say.

rakracing
04-05-2015, 03:26 PM
I've had something similar happen before, are you running with rf brake off, had the rf start to lock up, makes the car turn right at about the flag stand.

TheJet-09
04-05-2015, 05:36 PM
Excellent thought too! If the shutoff is not plumbed with a by-pass the caliper heat builds up pressure that can't escape and actually applies the RF brake. But once it reaches that point it's pretty much on until the line is opened back up (pressure released).

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-05-2015, 07:35 PM
Running car on 4bar. Have an issue with car wanting to turn right 1/2way down the straight away. Comes off corner (4) good then 1/2 way down straight away with steering straight car hooks to right. Not as bad on the back stretch but still does it. Where do I start looking? We were running 4" of rear stagger and 3/4" on the front. Bars are all neutral and have 120lbs of bite. Any ideas??

Underslung car? Any sign of axle tube contacting underslung on lr?

bigk44
04-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Thanks for all the info. This is a new car to me only 1 practice and this is the first race. Did find RF tie rod was hitting control arm. Off the new style "bent tie rod" and on with the straight. MasterSbilt I will check the under slug in the am. Don't think it can hit I'm running a chain. (unless chain stretched or broke)