PDA

View Full Version : Bilstein Coil Over Kits

LateModel B23
04-07-2015, 09:31 AM
Anyone ever have the coil over sleeve slide past the ring on a Bilstein c/o kit? This is a SZ series shock with the kit from Day.

powerslide
04-07-2015, 09:39 AM
might of got one that wasnt for a bilstein? When you slide it on it shouldnt be able to "rock". I want to say the pro/afco shocks bodies are a little bigger and then the genesis ones are bigger yet.

Also i think one end is machined different than the other internally if you get that backwards it will slide past it.

JustAddDirt
04-07-2015, 11:16 AM
the snap ring that clips in the shock is not big enough for most kits.
There is a round lock ring that you can slide up to the bottom of the snap ring in the shock.
this will take care of the slop.

stock car driver
04-07-2015, 12:30 PM
no sounds like you've got the wrong kit. Ive never had a issue with bilstien snap rings they work as intended. I used the bilst coil overs for a year and now using a Chinese speedway kit instead.

LateModel B23
04-07-2015, 12:42 PM
What kit are you using from Speedway?

Racer96m
04-07-2015, 01:35 PM
I have run Bilstein for many years and never had to change the snap ring. You have wrong kit for sure. I have never had an issue with the Allstar kit ( made for Bilstein )

Dave

stock car driver
04-07-2015, 08:09 PM
It has a gold top piece.

stock car driver
04-08-2015, 02:04 PM
I just got out my new spare in box, its a bsb coil over unit, I think I like it better than any others Ive had.

LateModel B23
04-08-2015, 03:02 PM
Okay thanks, appreciate the info.

mod71m
04-09-2015, 02:57 PM
The BSB coil over kit is the way to go for a Bilstein shock. The pin they use to keep it from moving (similar to how their sliders are) is far superior to the set screw that most companies use on coil overs.

stock car driver
04-09-2015, 05:39 PM
agree I like the pin. I don't use the set screw any others come with I drill that hole out and tap it for 1/4 bolt and use a bolt with screw driver head. Then I grind a flat area the length of the threaded sleeve for it to set against..

I bought the bsb one thinking it would be nice to use one out of the box.. all I ended up changing on it were the top two allen bolts I removed and put in regular bolts so I can use a wrench vs a allen wrench and I radiused the top of it so it wouldn't hang up when it slides up over the jam nut and to the heim shoulder.