PDA

View Full Version : Dirt on dirt typo? Photoshop?

powerslide
04-07-2015, 02:09 PM
I saw a picture on DoD where they said Dennis Erb Jr. was watching someone unload a car in the La Salle pits.... Sounds like normal everyday dirt track activity, and i wouldn't think anything about it except Erb was smiling!! Has DoD turned into the TMZ of the dirt track world? editing photos now? #Erbsmilingblasphemy

http://dirtondirt.com/photoGallery.php?id=4887

I think we need a mean tweets for the big late model drivers. Rigsby/shelton/turner make it happen.

HoosierDirtFan
04-07-2015, 02:51 PM
I saw a picture on DoD where they said Dennis Erb Jr. was watching someone unload a car in the La Salle pits.... Sounds like normal everyday dirt track activity, and i wouldn't think anything about it except Erb was smiling!! Has DoD turned into the TMZ of the dirt track world? editing photos now? #Erbsmilingblasphemy

http://dirtondirt.com/photoGallery.php?id=4887

I think we need a mean tweets for the big late model drivers. Rigsby/shelton/turner make it happen.

That's because he was smiling. Fellow racer Mike Mataragas was racing for the first time in almost 5 years this weekend. Dennis & Mike are good friends from what I understand and have raced against each other for a while now. He was helping them in the pits and was parked right next to Mike Kors owned #7 (Merrillville, IN dealership owner at Southlake Nisson & Kia) & Mataragas. The only thing I saw was Mike could be just a bit rusty on the driving end.

TheJet-09
04-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Funny picture and post. I'm the one sticking my head in the trailer. I've joked with Dennis about "smiling" in the past...super great guy and an inspiration to me (and there are very few of those). I've known Michael for what seems like forever. He and his family are great people. That is a brand new car raced for the first time that weekend. Michael raced some last year and even won a show at Sycamore. He did just fine this weekend all things considered. Besides, it's not like he spun out in his heat race (Ouch! And yes I'm a Bloomquist fan).

TackyTracker
04-07-2015, 04:42 PM
ya you don't see bloomer spin out that much

Highside Hustler25
04-07-2015, 05:45 PM
lol, good one Powerslide. I first thought Dennis was grittin his teeth trying to stay warm. Notice hands in pockets:D

I've probably seen Erb race more times than any other Midwest racer and have seen him smile maybe a 1/2 dozen times over the years. When he does, you know something good happened.

dirt junkie
04-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Erb could win the 100k at Eldora and still look pissed enough to kill newborn puppies! Dude is hardcore. Love watching him do his deal

powerslide
04-10-2015, 11:42 AM
My buddy pointed it out. Glad some others can find some humor in it as well!

save the racers
06-11-2015, 09:49 PM
Good to see Erb back in victory lane looking like he could chew somebodys head off.

powerslide
06-12-2015, 09:54 AM
DoD guarantees a fist pump if he gets a win at the mag!