PDA

View Full Version : Clanton WoO Points Lead

W2Racing09
04-08-2015, 01:58 PM
I'm sure Clanton is pretty excited about all these cancellations, each race that gets canned makes it that much harder for anyone to catch him in the points. As it is nobody has ever made up such a big deficit, and now the amount of races to do it in just keeps getting smaller.

Thanks,
Jeff.

drano
04-08-2015, 02:10 PM
Somebody sound's butt hurt.....

fastford
04-08-2015, 02:15 PM
I'm sure Clanton is pretty excited about all these cancellations, each race that gets canned makes it that much harder for anyone to catch him in the points. As it is nobody has ever made up such a big deficit, and now the amount of races to do it in just keeps getting smaller.

Thanks,
Jeff.

I don't know, I think he's probably more concerned about winning races so he can sell more cars, that's what I would be focused on if I were in his shoes. I would not want cancelations right now.

W2Racing09
04-08-2015, 02:17 PM
Somebody sound's butt hurt.....

Actually this was just a post to try to provoke some discussion (the forum is pretty dead lately with all these cancellations). I don't really care, I don't think Richards has much of a chance to catch Clanton as it is (he is over 100 points back in 4th). I would be happy to see someone (anyone) but Lanigan win the championship. Hopefully the rest of the races are not competitive and dominated by any one driver.

Thanks,
Jeff.

drano
04-08-2015, 02:17 PM
I see what you are doing here, since you are never wrong you are setting this up so if Rocket boy doesn't win the championship you will have something to blame it on......Clever move there Ted.

W2Racing09
04-08-2015, 02:18 PM
I don't know, I think he's probably more concerned about winning races so he can sell more cars, that's what I would be focused on if I were in his shoes. I would not want cancelations right now.

Is he a part owner of Capital or something? I know he drives the House car but i didn't know he had anything to do with the business side of things. If he does you might be right, although he could certainly head out on the road and run some other bigger races nearby if he feels the need.

W2Racing09
04-08-2015, 02:19 PM
I see what you are doing here, since you are never wrong you are setting this up so if Rocket boy doesn't win the championship you will have something to blame it on......Clever move there Ted.

Right, every post I ever make has some type of ulterior motive. You give me way too much credit.

Really, its just a slow day at work and I'm trying to provoke some discussion.

Thanks,
Jeff.

fastford
04-08-2015, 02:23 PM
from what I understand he and marshall green are partners on these chassis.

drano
04-08-2015, 02:29 PM
Right, every post I ever make has some type of ulterior motive. You give me way too much credit.

Really, its just a slow day at work and I'm trying to provoke some discussion.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Just giving you the credit you obviously think you deserve.

W2Racing09
04-08-2015, 02:34 PM

What?

Thanks,
Jeff.

W2Racing09
04-08-2015, 02:36 PM
from what I understand he and marshall green are partners on these chassis.

Interesting,

Well glad to see he is getting something out of it at least. There are a lot of drivers out there who have nothing to fall back on after racing. DoD had a quick write up about T-Mac where he basically said that he needed money and that's why he went to Lasalle last week. That is the type of driver I worry about, when racing stops paying the bills what is he going to do?

Nasty55
04-08-2015, 02:47 PM

What?

Thanks,
Jeff.

Drano can you say that a little slower next I think you went to fast for jeffypoo.

Scott Boesel
04-08-2015, 02:53 PM
I would love to see Clanton win the Championship it would be a fresh new face. I'm getting sick of Lanigan and Richards killing everyone in the woo series

Nasty55
04-08-2015, 02:53 PM
Interesting,

Well glad to see he is getting something out of it at least. There are a lot of drivers out there who have nothing to fall back on after racing. DoD had a quick write up about T-Mac where he basically said that he needed money and that's why he went to Lasalle last week. That is the type of driver I worry about, when racing stops paying the bills what is he going to do?

They also had a video on there talking to him where he alluded to needing to make some money as well.. I believe it was a video highlighting Fridays feature event if I remember correctly ive slept since then :D

W2Racing09
04-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Drano can you say that a little slower next I think you went to fast for jeffypoo.

I'm pretty sure when someone types something out the person reading it can read it at whatever speed they want. Drano can try saying it slower, but since he is probably sitting at a computer 100s of miles away I doubt I'll hear him.

Thanks,
Jeff.

huskerdirt
04-08-2015, 03:09 PM
T Mac races for purse winning percentage. Said he wanted to go LaSalle because he hasn't been paid since speedweeks because of the rainouts.

Its no different than the average Joe not working for a few weeks and was not getting paid.

W2Racing09
04-08-2015, 03:18 PM
T Mac races for purse winning percentage. Said he wanted to go LaSalle because he hasn't been paid since speedweeks because of the rainouts.

Its no different than the average Joe not working for a few weeks and was not getting paid.

Yeah I get that, it just seems to me that most drivers have something else going on the side to make money during downtime. There have been some decent money Modified races in his are lately, it would be cool to see him jump in one of those when there isn't a WoO show to hit.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Nasty55
04-08-2015, 04:34 PM

Ty Husker i couldnt remember verbatim his exact words but i knew he said he was needing to make some money.

Barbecueboy
04-08-2015, 05:00 PM
Actually this was just a post to try to provoke some discussion (the forum is pretty dead lately with all these cancellations). I don't really care, I don't think Richards has much of a chance to catch Clanton as it is (he is over 100 points back in 4th). I would be happy to see someone (anyone) but Lanigan win the championship. Hopefully the rest of the races are not competitive and dominated by any one driver.

Thanks,
Jeff.

You hope the races are not competitive? Well that's weird coming from a race fan, but okay?

Yeah, too bad josh got off to such a rough outing and lost all of those points in Georgia by wrecking in that last woo race.........he may dive bomb the woo regulars and make a complete recovery in the points by the end of the year though.

Don't give up hope Jeff.

W2Racing09
04-08-2015, 05:08 PM
You hope the races are not competitive? Well that's weird coming from a race fan, but okay?

Yeah, too bad josh got off to such a rough outing and lost all of those points in Georgia by wrecking in that last woo race.........he may dive bomb the woo regulars and make a complete recovery in the points by the end of the year though.

Don't give up hope Jeff.

My apologies, I hope the races are competitive.

We can only hope that we get to see some more slidebombs for the W by the end of the season.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Highside Hustler25
04-08-2015, 06:25 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the WoO goes by the same point structure as UMP/Dirtcar rules. And if this is correct, a 100 point lead could disappear in 3 races real easy. I will be shocked if Clanton wins the title. Not knockin Shane, just sayin.

drano
04-08-2015, 06:34 PM
What?

Thanks,
Jeff.

Who......?

W2Racing09
04-08-2015, 07:14 PM
Who......?

Why?

Thanks,
Jeff.

plunks7
04-08-2015, 08:58 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the WoO goes by the same point structure as UMP/Dirtcar rules. And if this is correct, a 100 point lead could disappear in 3 races real easy. I will be shocked if Clanton wins the title. Not knockin Shane, just sayin.

I totally agree with you HH.

W2Racing09
04-08-2015, 09:09 PM
I totally agree with you HH.

Yeah, but that is three races where you would be counting on Richards or Lanigan getting a W and Clanton getting a DNF or just running horribly. Even last season that wasn't too often (although it did happen). This season they seem to have everything worked out and I think it will be a rare night to see the Georgia Bulldog finish outside of the top five or ten.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Highside Hustler25
04-08-2015, 10:21 PM
Yeah, but that is three races where you would be counting on Richards or Lanigan getting a W and Clanton getting a DNF or just running horribly. Even last season that wasn't too often (although it did happen). This season they seem to have everything worked out and I think it will be a rare night to see the Georgia Bulldog finish outside of the top five or ten.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Clanton would not have to run as bad as you think. Say Lanigan or whoever is 100 points out would win back to back and Clanton finished 11th, thats 75 for Lanigan and 40 for Clanton. 35 point swing in one race. If he had a last place finish, and it can happen, he would lose 49 points to the winner.

What I'm sayin is their is a whole lot of racin to be done to determine a winner yet. I don't care what history says. He had a great speedweeks. We'll see what that means in a couple months.

kidrock
04-08-2015, 10:49 PM
I have to agree with HH25 on this one way to much racing left. Anything can and will happen.

Josh Bayko
04-09-2015, 05:21 AM
Yeah I get that, it just seems to me that most drivers have something else going on the side to make money during downtime. There have been some decent money Modified races in his are lately, it would be cool to see him jump in one of those when there isn't a WoO show to hit.

Thanks,
Jeff.

There hasn't really been any good paying modified races yet either, and even if there were, I'm not sure T-Mac would be running them. I think I heard he's not in the 4* anymore.

T-MAC39FAN
04-10-2015, 10:35 PM
clantons fire is about out. he has ran a few non woo races resently and I think has only finished in top 5. I think he has ran like 3 or 4 races.

Highside Hustler25
04-22-2015, 09:29 AM
Clanton lost 24 points this past weekend to 2nd place Lanigan.
Points lead went from 92 down to 68.
Their is roughly 26 more weeks to the season.

How many folks think Clanton's points lead can not be toppled?
I wouldn't even count out T Mac in 5th place

T-MAC39FAN
04-22-2015, 10:43 AM
Clanton lost 24 points this past weekend to 2nd place Lanigan.
Points lead went from 92 down to 68.
Their is roughly 26 more weeks to the season.

How many folks think Clanton's points lead can not be toppled?
I wouldn't even count out T Mac in 5th place

T-Mac has all he can do to stay in 5th place right now. He should have stayed in that warrior and he would have been better off. Idk what his problem is but its not lookn good.

powerslide
04-22-2015, 10:53 AM
39 more shows. Anything can happen. No one is on a roll right now.