PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Mississippi track. Does it exist?

dirt crow
04-09-2015, 10:30 PM
3 years running now, maybe longer, when the big dogs are coming, cancelled every time. Makes you wonder if there is a track there? Is it in a swamp? Local folk, what's the deal?.....

J20in1st
04-09-2015, 10:40 PM
Yes because they call up mother nature and ask for it to rain. Good stupid post of the day tho

dirt crow
04-10-2015, 06:40 AM
You mean yours? .....can I get a serious answer now. Sometimes races here have been cancelled way in advance with little rain forecast. Is it next to a creek? Low lying land? Just curious?.....

jwel
04-10-2015, 06:53 AM
It was under water in 2014 when I was there trying to see Lucas race. Low lying would seem right to me but I don't live there.

swartzman
04-10-2015, 11:08 AM
I use to race there.. Low lying land.. River behind it.. Next question please, this time don't try to knock the owners of the track, they are very good people..

jbird10
04-10-2015, 06:29 PM
Yes, the track is directly on the Pearl River and with all of the rain in March and April each year, the river typically gets up and often the track is underwater for a short time which leaves all of the parking area very very saturated. So once racing season rolls around the track is fine, but one day of good rain leaves it next to impossible to get rigs and spectators parked. It takes a couple of weeks of good warm weather and little rain to get everything in good condition. Probably not the ideal time of year to schedule a big race, but dates are hard to come by when booking a touring series.

ready2rd
04-10-2015, 06:55 PM
DIRTCROW if my memory serves me correct THE CLIBURNS either own the track or lease the track but the reason its been cancelled is because of RAIN it has nothing to do with THE BIG DOGs because the last time I checked THE CLIBURNS are GREAT BIG DOGSs you have no ideal how disappointed The Cliburn family is because of having to cancel the race That family does a lot for racers and racing in general .if you get a chance google them up CLIBURN TANK LINES .

dirt crow
04-11-2015, 10:04 AM
Yes, the track is directly on the Pearl River and with all of the rain in March and April each year, the river typically gets up and often the track is underwater for a short time which leaves all of the parking area very very saturated. So once racing season rolls around the track is fine, but one day of good rain leaves it next to impossible to get rigs and spectators parked. It takes a couple of weeks of good warm weather and little rain to get everything in good condition. Probably not the ideal time of year to schedule a big race, but dates are hard to come by when booking a touring series.

Now that's a good answer. Thanks.

dirt crow
04-11-2015, 10:15 AM
Swartz and ready2, the does it exist part was a joke. Get it! A joke!!!! Yall must have no sense of humor. Second, I did not bash the owners. And I know of the cliburns. You think I just popped up last week. Know about their cars, promoting, sponsoring, what have you. I don't know them personally of course but their contributions to dirt racing have been great and well appreciated. And everybody on here knows what I meant by big dogs. Why even go there is beyond me. Just had a simple question with an attempt at humor within about all the cancellations. Sorry you didn't get the humor part. ...Now yall have a happy and a healthy.

dirt crow
04-11-2015, 10:33 AM
Jbird10, I got the perfect date for em in the future. The Sunday night after the topless 100. Just have to hope for no delays in batesville to push their show back to Sunday.