PDA

View Full Version : bloomquist race cars

rockman1755
04-12-2015, 05:16 AM
what year did scott start building his own chassis.did he build his own cars the last time he was with warrior.I was thinking he started with warrior in around 98 the second time with them with the warrior by bloomquist and you could get the cars with swing arm or 4 bar.I could be wrong and hope some one could kinda give me some history,a history lesson if you will.I want to say 2002 he came came out with his own built cars.thanks in advance for any info.

SuperEight
04-12-2015, 03:06 PM
He left Barry Wright early in 1997 and reemerged in a Rayburn car later in the year. 1998 he ran Rayburn all year and then moved back to Warrior full-time in 1999. His cars were built by Warrior to his specifications(i.e. thicker tubing frame rails, thinner wall cage in areas but with more bracing than a standard Warrior). His cars visibly looked like a Warrior but had different geometry front and rear and were much more rigid. The front end design was a collaboration with a former Warrior employee, I can't remember his name but he started FAST chassis. You could get what was called a "Black Magic" car that was similar to what Bloomquist was running at the time from Warrior. To my knowledge Bloomquist cars have all been 4-Link rear suspension, however he did offer a, "Rayburn by Bloomquist" that was swing arm rear that you could get from him. I don't know if he still offers the Rayburn cars anymore or not.

Crossbones
04-12-2015, 05:40 PM
I would guess he has been running his own design years before he started calling it a "Bloomquist chassis", but I believe it was 2004 when he started calling his cars "Bloomquist chassis" instead of Warrior and started building them at his own shop.

Franklin51
04-16-2015, 12:42 PM
Wonder what happened to FAST chassis

MotoMatt
04-16-2015, 03:02 PM
They got SLOOOOOW....sorry, couldn't resist.

Race fan1
04-16-2015, 03:48 PM
Jeff Treece sold the Fast chassis business to a racer in west alabama who was an engineer named Kelly Hanvey or aka Biskit. I believe he built one car for hisself and decided that he didn't want to persue the chassis business side of things any longer. Jeff sold American Racer tires in the south for several years until Ray Cook recently took over and I have to think he was pretty successful from my conversations with him. He also sold them about $30 a piece cheaper than my local people could. I contacted him before the ice bowl this year for tires before I knew about Ray taking over and he expressed that he was considering building chassis again. He is a smart guy!