PDA

View Full Version : Breaking tires loose center out

ride height
04-12-2015, 04:23 PM
First year b modder here. Ran good our very first race UNTIL halfway thru feature. Lost all forward bite center out. Had to peddle the daylites out of it. Managed a 4th out of 18. ...but if wed of kept traction we would have made a run for it. My question is...we run hockey puck hard American Racers. What kinds of things would help us prevent this type of problem? Springs? Pull bar angle? Tire pressures? Any REAL help would be appreciated. Maybe i had too much pressure in tires? 15 fronts. 14 rr. 9 lr. It got pretty slick but it wasnt shiney slick out there. Thanks yall. Its alot harder actually doing racing than what it looks like from row 12 in the stands. Fun though.

oldtrackchamp4x
04-12-2015, 06:10 PM
Sounds like the car is really close. Put the car on scales if you have them, just the way it came off the track so you know where you're at. I don't know a lot about a b mod, or american racer tires, but i would drop rr air to 12 lbs. Fronts seem high to me too, but again i don't know what arerican racer recommends for pressures on a slick track, but set them at what they recommend, including the rr. I would also check your fuel load and add 5-6 gallons more if you can. You might also try adding another 10lbs of lr bite. If you lower pressures on tires be sure you reset weights to what you had before you lowered them. Finally, only try one of these recommendations at a time so you can keep track of what helps or hurts the handling of the car. May need to be a little gentler on the throttle also. JMO

powerslide
04-12-2015, 11:28 PM
How many races on the RR? How much was it cut up? If its a kk704 They seem pretty soft this year not sure if the compound changed or what.