PDA

View Full Version : Whats the story on the oval next to Cherokee Speedway in this pic. anyone know?

HoosierDirtFan
04-14-2015, 06:28 PM
So what the story on the oval next to Cherokee Speedway in the over grown weeds. Anyone know?
Just wondering.

ready2rd
04-14-2015, 06:34 PM
Think it was another track MR Rock Gault was building before his death im not sure why he was building it but at the time Gaffney was a GREAT OLE BIG TRACK guess he wanted a super speedway and short track on the same property trust me if im wrong some one let us know .

flagone
04-14-2015, 08:35 PM
Yep. Cherokee Short Track. Duvall ran his driving school there a couple of times but nothing else that I have ever heard about.

Waldo
04-14-2015, 08:35 PM
That short track was built by Mr. Rock Gault well before his death, as we were going to the superspeedway, we new about it and could see part of it. But in all the races I went to at Cherokee I never heard of a race being held on the short track. Rumor has it that the short track was built by Rock so his son Mike Gault could practice and test his cars. Mike Gault was a good racer and won his fair share of races at Cherokee Speedway.