PDA

View Full Version : Pecatonica Speedway (Illinois): Update on racing in late 2015 or early 2016 & info.

HoosierDirtFan
04-15-2015, 02:21 PM
Pecatonica Speedway (Illinois)
From the tracks Facebook page.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Need to pass some important information along
Josh and my self receive messages a few times a week regarding classes and races. I want to clear the air and make a statement on how we are approaching things.

1. We are focused on building the website to look and be as professional as possible to sponsor hopefuls. Their dollars will be what gets this facility back up and running.

2. Once we can secure enough sponsorship money we want tot install lights on the track. The fair board from what we were told will be updating the lighting in the grandstand area and we plan on putting up lights to light the entire track for night racing. We have contacted tracks and others in the sport and they all have said he same thing, Day time racing on that size of a track will be very difficult and dusty not only for racers but for fans. Each one have suggested we focus on getting the lights back up.

3. We want to form the track committee to help row this facility and help get it back up and running. It's an important piece to a complicated puzzle and we want to get it right the first time.

4. Once we get to the point we feel the facility is ready we will send out invites to the racing series to come to the track and race. At this time special events are a focus with divisions as support.

5. Divisions will be announced after the prober steps are taken to secure racing at the track. Last thing I want is to announce divisions and then have it backfire in our faces. That's how bad reputations are started and we don't want to start any of that.

6. Josh and my self along with Tim have a vision of what the track could be. The ideas are tuning and you as fans and racers help with this vision and we thank you for it. The last thing we want to do is make bad decisions at the beginning. We all know we will make some mistakes it's a given; but we will learn and grow from them.
The site is under way to help entice and bring sponsors to the track. It's an important tool to any race track.

Thank you for your understanding and support.