PDA

View Full Version : Wvms???

reddyfreddy
04-16-2015, 08:55 PM
I haven't seen anything in a while on WVMS. What is the status on it? Did they ever finish the reworking of the track?

Any info would be much appreciated.

bleedblue55
04-16-2015, 09:51 PM
They haven't had a race there since 2013. They cancelled the last couple of events that year and haven't been heard from since.

GEAR_HEAD
04-17-2015, 06:06 AM
They made turn 3 a 90 degree bend that destroyed a couple of cars and they only had a couple of races before they closed. They were originally supposed to change all 4 turns and make the track smaller, instead they did a half-assed job of changing 3 and 4 and screwed it up even more.

bleedblue55
04-17-2015, 10:27 AM
If the Minnite-Conley clan would spend as much money on their track as they're shelling out to buy Cale Conley an Xfinity ride in Napcar that place would be the Taj Mahal of racing. I wasn't thrilled with the track redo, but one has to remember it was done by the promoters and not the owners.

Aluminium Block
04-30-2015, 09:27 AM
They also screwed up the seating when they shortened the track. The brought in turns 3 and 4 and now about half the hillside seating is outside of the race track. They should have brought in turns 1-2 since there is no hillside in that area.

bleedblue55
04-30-2015, 11:43 AM
Like I said, promoters vs owners. The reconfiguration was done without disturbing the original layout. They weren't even allowed to move the turn 3-4 lighting. I had a whole list of things they should have done, but sometimes that task becomes more difficult when your hands are tied.

big mouth from da south
04-30-2015, 06:57 PM
Wow we have a track like that here nothing wrong but tried to shorten it and hasn't opened yet what a shame went their for charter fest 3 saw a local Steven Lucas beat the big boys had 68 cars and d.t.w.c had 72 what a great 5/8 track to bad