PDA

View Full Version : New Winters Quick Change vibration?

TeamGRT12x
04-19-2015, 07:54 PM
Hey guys, we recently installed a brand new Winters performance quick change. As the night goes on we pick up a driveline vibration that gets worse the more laps we run. We've tried to narrow it down by adding pinion angle, which made it worse (8 degrees). Its a baffling vibration that we've never dealt with before. Driveline is all fresh from motor on back. Any ideas?

stock car driver
04-19-2015, 10:03 PM
How loose are the gears on the shafts? The cheaper gears are quite loose and are known to cause a vibration.

The gears I run and sell are pretty tight, on my personal quick change they were too tight on the top gear for my liking so I had them loosen them up, they said they run the tolerance pretty tights to avoid the vibration the loose gears have. He rattled off all kinds of specs etc. He even took the number off my pinion gear and told me what it was supposed to be etc.

twisterf5
04-20-2015, 06:56 AM
have you ran a QC before or did you change from a 9inch. QC drive line is lower at the rear end and you could have to much drive shaft angle. that what it sound like if it got worse when you added angle. we run 9 in our's (QC) but we lowered the mid plate to take out some angle.

TeamGRT12x
04-20-2015, 11:01 AM
have you ran a QC before or did you change from a 9inch. QC drive line is lower at the rear end and you could have to much drive shaft angle. that what it sound like if it got worse when you added angle. we run 9 in our's (QC) but we lowered the mid plate to take out some angle.

Yes, the car has had a quick change in it before. I considered this as well, possibly need to be around 4-6 degrees. Checking what SCD said first though.

Renegade Cust Susp
04-20-2015, 09:37 PM
5* is where we run. Also have had vibration issue on developing on decel had a brake bisquit in the pull bar quit caused a nasty vibration and hum

stock car driver
04-21-2015, 06:52 AM
I run less pinion angle with quick change than I did with 9 inch.