PDA

View Full Version : car not lifting

washeduptoo
04-26-2015, 03:30 AM
We've checked for binds, everything moves freely but car just doesn't lift. I was wondering since he is a big guy do we need to increase lr spring, say going from a 200 to a 250 or is there something I missing. Have changed pull bar biscuits, still not there yet. Thanks for any information.

bob75
04-26-2015, 07:17 AM
More angle

washeduptoo
04-26-2015, 08:46 AM
This is a spring behind mod, also its not getting onto rf, still has about 2.5in of shock travel left. I have a 16in 150 spring already set to go in, hoped to try after races last night but it was a late night, normally run a 13in 200lr spring. More angle in lrt bar or something else? Thanks

save the racers
04-26-2015, 08:57 AM
What is your driver saying about how the car is driving?I've seen cars that were loose off and the driver couldn't get back on the gas to get it on the bars.What shock numbers?

washeduptoo
04-26-2015, 09:07 AM
He said it drives real good, don't have shock numbers with me, they are with car at his shop. They are custom shocks though, tried several different ones on rf an lr, still the same. Went from a 600rf down to a 500rf. Still the same results. I hope to remove rf spring and see if its some kind on bind there, just had it out this past week, so not expecting problems there. Thanks

oldtrackchamp4x
04-26-2015, 11:16 AM
Is the car fast? What have you changed on the car and did it lift before any changes? JMO.

washeduptoo
04-26-2015, 05:21 PM
Its hard to say what we have changed since we redone the front end(ball joints different) and we've been running a bump stop on rf because last year it would bottom shock out and didn't want to tear up this new shock. I took that shock off and installed a different shock and that's when we saw the issue with shock travel. I think its the chain on lr to short, we let it out last week and bent lrb bar, so I shortened to specs. Going to get a prebent lrb bar and set the lrt bar angle at 45 and see what that changes. Thanks

oldtrackchamp4x
04-26-2015, 07:07 PM
If the car is competitive i wouldn't worry about it getting full RF comp. I changed my front clip and the car is getting on the RF 2 inches less than before. The car was fast in practice last week and i will know more after this Friday nights race. Really, if the car is fast it does not really matter. JMO

washeduptoo
04-26-2015, 07:51 PM
Its okay but needs more, best of luck with yours and thanks

oldtrackchamp4x
04-26-2015, 08:04 PM
I agree on getting more LR drop. I've ran up to 52 Deg full drop. Might be worth a try, especially on the slick. Just make sure it doesn't go over center. JMO

washeduptoo
04-26-2015, 08:39 PM
I think that is why it bent lrb bar last weekend, we've been trying many different things this year and we're still in that process. Different ball joints, springs,shocks bar lengths, jbar settings,etc., just trying to get faster. I like the way things are going so far, been fun and stressful. lol Thanks

oldtrackchamp4x
04-26-2015, 08:58 PM
I know what you mean. Whenever i strap in after i make i make a new change, i am also a little stressed. Lol. JMO

washeduptoo
04-26-2015, 09:31 PM
Its easier on me, I'm not the driver. lol

powerslide
04-27-2015, 08:04 AM
If it bent the LRB bar it is getting on the bars...

When you start messing with all the balljoints you start moving the roll center around maybe you have the roll center higher.

washeduptoo
04-27-2015, 09:19 AM
That was last week it bent the bar when I had the chain lengthen but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been getting on rf. It could be the ball joints. Going to put prebent bar on lrb and set drop to 45degrees on lrt bar and see what kind of travel we get on rf. That should tell us if its the ball joints and we can put others back in rf for the next week if needed. Thanks

washeduptoo
05-10-2015, 07:52 AM
Update, we set lr drop at 45degrees lrt bar, put prebent lrb bar, moved jbar up on frame, car did lift and driver liked how car reacted. If track didn't rubber up, might have been really good. lol thanks

modracer18
05-10-2015, 10:12 PM
When u set the lrt bar did you put a jack under the drivers seat and jack the car up unit the lr almost lifts off the ground? Thanks

washeduptoo
05-11-2015, 05:07 AM
Yes, that is what we did.