PDA

View Full Version : brake shut off

hughesracing9
04-27-2015, 01:19 PM
Just picked up an older I Stock to put back together for an enduro race in a few months.
There are shut off valves at both rear wheels, why would you shut on one side off as opposed to the other for?

Racer96m
04-27-2015, 01:51 PM
You wouldnt. Just someone trying something IMO. Brakes are for slowing the car, not steering. If your car wont turn in, there are adjustments for that. People get lazy and just shut off the RF, crutch if you ask me, and turning off one rear or the other, cant even imagine the problems that would create. Just my .02

Dave

ToddSmith16
04-27-2015, 02:25 PM
So right..........a crutch..easier way to get the car to turn rather than figuring out total handling!

72Dubya
04-27-2015, 03:56 PM
If I can't get the car to turn.. I give it more gas!! (just kidding, only when to throttle turn on a heavy track.) But seriously, my car came with a RF shutoff but I have never used it once, just one more thing to fail. If I could take it off I would but I would have to redo my RF brake line because of where they put it.

I assume the people that put that clusterf*ck in your car were thinking that they could slow one of the rear wheels down while the other kept going to get the car to turn, but unless they run an LSD, the rearend runs in tandem...