PDA

View Full Version : Spring change

JDracing57
05-04-2015, 01:52 PM
If your happy with how your car is handling but think you need a little more RR spring do you think it matters if you put it on the scales to do the change or just put it in, reset the ride height and go with it? I know the scales is always better but if all you plan on changing is just the one spring is it really worth the trouble of setting up the scales and scaling the car. Thanks in advance.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-04-2015, 05:01 PM
You can easily just remeasure. A 25# spring rate change would require maybe a turn or two.

TheJet-09
05-04-2015, 07:56 PM
I would say it depends on where you are. At the track just wanting to try something? Sure, swap it out and re-check your ride height. At home, do it right. Logic I need to remember myself...races are won at the shop.

Bubstr
05-04-2015, 08:22 PM
You could change it at the shop with scales and count the turns to make weight, then change it back. That way you would know your close.

Nothing wrong with a plan A plan B plan C for changes at the track and knowing exactly what you need to make them.

JDracing57
05-05-2015, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'm probably just going to go ahead and use the scales to be safe.

Matt49
05-05-2015, 11:37 AM
That's the right thing to do. Take shortcuts in the shop and you'll get short changed at the pay-out window.