PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Bare records 2nd Straight Win at Virginia Motor Speedway

prodirtcar32
05-05-2015, 01:17 PM
For Immediate Release:
May 5, 2015

Not even a hand injury can prevent Tyler Bare from repeating at Virginia Motor Speedway in Aaron’s Pro Late Model action.

As life evolves things change; the calendar flipped from April to May, the warmer weather finally looks like it will take hold and stay awhile and Saturday night the gates opened at Virginia Motor Speedway for another great night of racing. With consistency and preparation being the key to success, not everything is supposed to change. What didn’t change is that the Booper Bare Racing Rocket Chassis #30 was prepared meticulously in every detail prior to leaving for the speedway. That preparation along with an outstanding driver resulted in Tyler Bare pulling the Lee-Hi Truck Parts/Blue Grass Farms sponsored mount into victory lane at the end of the night, recording his second straight Aaron’s Pro late Model feature win in the process.

Saturday afternoon, Tyler took part in the annual Virginia Motor Speedway car show which took place at Bella Pizza in Tappahannock, Virginia. The show featured all types of cars including race cars, classic cars and hot rods. Live radio driver interviews took place all afternoon and the event, which ran from 11-2 was well attended.

An unfortunate incident on the farm earlier in the week questioned whether the 20 year old would even be able to race this past Saturday, but with stitches and his hand wrapped tight, Tyler wanted to at least make an attempt at it. A total of 22 competitors took time and Tyler laid down a great lap in his Southlex Cattle Company/Penske Shocks by JDS mount recording the 3rd quickest lap of the session. The crew went to work making the car as comfortable for the young speedster as possible as the goal for the night was to get as many points possible without re-injuring Tyler’s hand. Anyone who is familiar with the Booper Bare Racing Team knows that comfortable equals fast and smooth. The invert would see Tyler starting the 25 lap feature from the inside of the third row and when the green flag waved Bare would fall into a rhythm moving his way towards the front of the field. Taking over the runner up slot on lap 10, it didn’t take Bare long to catch the leader and put pressure on him, racing side by side for several laps but not quite able to pull off the pass. On lap 16 going into turn one; the leader slipped a little bit giving Tyler the lane he needed as he powered off of two with the lead. Never looking back, Bare would race away to a comfortable 1.7 second victory, his 2nd in 3 starts this year.

“What a great night” said Bare when reached at the team’s race shop. “Dad and the team did an outstanding job giving me a great car, making my job very easy. These guys work hard, not only on race nights, but during the whole week allowing me to do what I love. I really enjoy racing at VMS, the competition is as tough there as it is anywhere and we always have a decent track to race on. I am not sure if Jimmy (Duncan) would not have slipped up, I could have gotten him. We seemed pretty equal and it is a lot easier to catch a car than it is to actually pass it. I had a little accident this week, tore up my hand and it really is sore but once I got in the car, adrenaline took over and it didn’t bother me too much. It is always fun to race in front of a lot of people and it was a great crowd tonight. It was nice to see the scouts at the track for an event; they are the future fans and maybe even drivers of our sport. I also want to thank Virginia Motor Speedway and Bella Pizza for letting me be a part of Saturday’s car show. I had a good time and got to meet a bunch of great fans. All and all after a tough week, it was a great night” added Tyler.

Next week will see the team back at Virginia Motor Speedway looking to go for three in a row while preparing for the National Fastrak event to be run at VMS the following week. You can find last minute, up-to-date information and results every week on the team’s twitter account @tylerbareracing.

Sponsor Spotlight – Southlex Cattle Company – Lexington, Virginia
6th generation Rockbridge County farmer Margret Ann Smith founded Southlex Cattle Company in 2003 upon her graduation from Kansas State University. The Lexington, Virginia based company is one of the leading and most well respected Cattle Procurement companies on the east coast. Using its own network of cattle representatives, Southlex has access to over 20 livestock auctions weekly, insuring its clients, competitive and first class service with the ability to meet the specific need for any operation.

2015 makes the second consecutive year that Southlex Cattle Company adorns the side of Tyler Bare’s #30 machine. Although due to her busy work schedule, Margret Ann has yet to make it to a race, Booper Bare Racing is proud to represent Southlex Cattle Company both on and off the track with the hopes of having her at a race very soon. For more information on Southlex Cattle Company please visit them on the internet at www.southlexcattle.com .

Tyler Bare and BBR would like to thank all of their Marketing Partners:
Blue Grass Farms, Conner Produce Co., CSF Cattle Co., DeSigns, K.R.S. Graphics, LEE-HI Truck Parts, Octane Race Products by Poskes, Rhodenizer Heating & Air, LLC., Southlex Cattle Company, Sunoco Race Fuels, Wood Heavy Equipment Co. and World Wide Racing Fuels along with associate support from… Abshire’s Handyman Service, Bill Weeks Garage, Brinn Transmissions, Close Racing Supply, Davis Auto Electric, HTMA/Hoosier Tires, Keyser Manufacturing, Penske Racing Shocks, and Rocket Chassis.

Upcoming Racing Schedule: (Subject to change)
May 9th – Virginia Motor Speedway
May 16th – Virginia Motor Speedway (Fastrak Touring Event)
May 23rd – Natural Bridge Speedway
May 30th – Virginia Motor Speedway

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media