PDA

View Full Version : Moyer Jr

BadlandsBandit12
05-11-2015, 12:24 AM
I saw he was back racing this past weekend at the mag. He wasn't gone very long!

not bashing, just glad to see he still wants to race.

edavis71
05-11-2015, 12:39 AM
Glad to see you back JR. Sure enjoyed our talks at the Brandon Ale House in Tampa during speed weeks!!!

Nasty55
05-11-2015, 05:39 AM
Good deal I hope he has his deamon's behind him now and can enjoy a race now and again..

Spongebob
05-11-2015, 06:56 AM
There is a article on DOD but don't have a subscription.
Welcome Back Billy Jr!!!

Kwd1253
05-11-2015, 08:18 AM
Good see him back in his car, maybe letting some of his sponsors go took some pressure off him. He can race some regional shows to find his passion back for racing and have fun doing it again.

Speed Zone
05-11-2015, 08:24 AM
How can ya welcome someone back that was never gone?

Speed Zone
05-11-2015, 08:27 AM
Good see him back in his car, maybe letting some of his sponsors go took some pressure off him. He can race some regional shows to find his passion back for racing and have fun doing it again.

Good post kwd, makes sense.

Speed Zone
05-11-2015, 08:34 AM
That's my boy errrrrrrrrrr that's Billy Moyer Jr.'s boy! :D

I can totally understand Billy Moyer Jr. Jr. realizing that racing for a living, vacations, going to the lake, birthday parties and ball games can all blend together nicely.

http://johnvassphotos.smugmug.com/Racing2012-5/Farmer-City-Illini-100-3-31-12/i-TDFpmFG/3/S/Billy%20Moyer%20Jr%200154-S.jpg

Get some mud on yer tars and have fun living life while enjoying some:

WFO CARS SIDEWAYS CLAY SLINGIN' ACTION!!!!

:cool:

Sumthin' tells me you ain't from Ky yucky! But yes, hated to hear he was leaving glad he stayed.

Nasty55
05-11-2015, 09:16 AM

He said in his DoD interview that he had his head clear and was ready to get back out and hit it... He also said he still had the backing of his sponsors as well which I found interesting after his little melt down.....

Kwd1253
05-11-2015, 09:31 AM
He said in his DoD interview that he had his head clear and was ready to get back out and hit it... He also said he still had the backing of his sponsors as well which I found interesting after his little melt down.....Thanks didn't see the interview on dod, going check out in few. I was going to try make to that race but had work next day. Looks like I missed a good bubb and billy race.

SnakeX3
05-11-2015, 10:06 AM
I keep waitin' for Birky to show up at some track unannounced. Racers never retire.

Bubstr
05-11-2015, 01:45 PM
Seems, for most, that are any good at it at all, it's hard to get away and stay away. Even us race fans. We miss a good race and it eats us up. I guess there are worse addictions. I've seen the old duffer racers that have trouble walking, wishing they could strap in one more time.

Nasty55
05-11-2015, 03:21 PM
I keep waitin' for Birky to show up at some track unannounced. Racers never retire.

That would be awesome to see Brian come back out but i think he is enjoying being dad right now and staying under the radar..

Nasty55
05-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Billy jrs article said he plans to run full bore the rest of the year with plans to take off a week here and there to spend time with family and friends... Hopefully he doesnt burn himself out again..

Bigracer93
05-11-2015, 04:45 PM
It seems like he is extremely family oriented and being on road was taking away from his family time and it finally got to him.. On Twitter it seems like he really wants to be involved with his nephews and wasn't around much..

ptown
05-11-2015, 05:07 PM
He's a drama queen seeking attention, mission accomplished.

george w
05-11-2015, 05:28 PM
At this point its hard not to wonder when the next "change of heart" will come .

bleedblue55
05-11-2015, 06:05 PM
Can't argue with that

Scott Boesel
05-11-2015, 06:55 PM
How can ya welcome someone back that was never gone?

I was thinking the same thing

Bubstr
05-11-2015, 07:20 PM
That would be awesome to see Brian come back out but i think he is enjoying being dad right now and staying under the radar..

As most of us, that have already raised our kids know. Once they reach the mid teens and find girls or boys, they don't really want to hang with Mom and Dad too much. I hope Brian is in a position to come back then. Sometimes family racing makes a bond during those tough teen years.

My Dad used to semi joke, love and enjoy them till 14 then kill them and try to revive at 25. If you've been there, you will understand.

Kwd1253
05-11-2015, 07:28 PM
How can ya welcome someone back that was never gone?It's more of him not quiting racing than welcome back thing. He just needs have fun racing.... not worry about people like this

plunks7
05-11-2015, 07:32 PM

????????:):):):)

Nasty55
05-11-2015, 07:32 PM
It's more of him not quiting racing than welcome back thing. He just needs have fun racing.... not worry about people like this

He is doing it his way for sure.. Just hope it don't come back and bite him is all..

plunks7
05-11-2015, 07:35 PM
One things for sure here, you ain't Bloomer hiding behind the Nasty55 screen name lol! :cool:

Birky is the piece of the puzzle missing right now, hope he finds his way back into a fire breathin' 800 hp dirt slinging hot rod machine!

:):):) BlackDiamond

zyoung25
05-11-2015, 11:47 PM
I think Jr should look at what Bub has done. Bub ran a couple years on a national tour, won a few races but wasn't really a threat everywhere he went, kinda like Jr was, even though Jr never won he did have some good runs. Bub dropped back to running more regionally and has really done well since he got away from the national scene.

To call him a drama queen is stupid. 10 to 15 years ago this wouldn't even be heard of. For one there was no social media for any of us to read up on and criticize these guys for making decisions like what Jr did. Drivers just faded away and no one other than who was close to them knew what was really going on, that's why we get these "where are they now" threads. I'm sure a lot these guys that live this sort of life have this through cross their mind, but we never hear about it, I just think it's dumb to someone names for their own personal decision.

swartzman
05-12-2015, 01:51 AM
I'm not really sure if you would call cut back to regional driving what Bub is doing or not.. I know that is what he is doing.. But, on another note that ride he is in this year is one that anyone would be honored to drive.. Randy and that family have had the whose who of late model drivers..

Kwd1253
05-12-2015, 08:12 AM
Bub is helping out family business someone told me that why he not running a tour and catching races close to him or crown jewels. But i have agree with zyoung25, it might fit him right now run a regional series mscc,southern allstars, comp cam "he (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good on that Mississippi dirt&clay" abd can stay lil closer to home. He also, can run some lodlm and woo when they come to the tracks he really good at and run some crown jelews. He got alot options what he can do.

FlatTire
05-12-2015, 08:16 AM
I had no doubt most of the reasons he gave for quitting were bs and he's proven that but now he has really put his dedication into question. Hope he doesn't cause indigestion with the cheeseburger nation!!!

schlieperfan9
05-12-2015, 10:12 AM
I had no doubt most of the reasons he gave for quitting were bs and he's proven that but now he has really put his dedication into question. Hope he doesn't cause indigestion with the cheeseburger nation!!!

I was hoping billy goat was headed for Oshkosh with the Lucas boys. I know there's a marine up there in WI that's looking for him! Something about a t shirt his daughter got in a trade deal...

rickybrown1952
05-12-2015, 11:42 AM
Welcome back billy jr.see ya at i55 summer nationals

WisWildManFan
05-12-2015, 12:05 PM
I was hoping billy goat was headed for Oshkosh with the Lucas boys. I know there's a marine up there in WI that's looking for him! Something about a t shirt his daughter got in a trade deal...Here we go again!

Bill31
05-12-2015, 12:36 PM
Glad he's racing again. I don't care how old you are, your parents getting divorced take a toll on your emotions.

rickybrown1952
05-12-2015, 12:57 PM
Glad he's racing again. I don't care how old you are, your parents getting divorced take a toll on your emotions.Would you like to elaborate on that please

huskerdirt
05-12-2015, 02:04 PM
Glad he's racing again. I don't care how old you are, your parents getting divorced take a toll on your emotions.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^

Thank you.

Clayton_Wetter
05-12-2015, 03:21 PM
I was hoping billy goat was headed for Oshkosh with the Lucas boys. I know there's a marine up there in WI that's looking for him! Something about a t shirt his daughter got in a trade deal...

Are you serious? Will he ever race there again? lol

Okfine
05-12-2015, 03:36 PM

Roger that Bill.........it's a bad deal for the kids.

Especially when it's a bitter divorce and the parents use the kids as pawns.

My parents divorced back in the 70s when I was 13..........my dad to this day still refers to my mom as the " plaintiff".......no joke.

IMO, it should be much harder to get married and even harder to get divorced..........it's a life changer.

Speed Zone
05-12-2015, 04:45 PM
Here we go again!

Like a merry go round from hell! :D

loosegrip
05-14-2015, 09:31 AM

Nothing more then a dumb stunt from a kid who doesn't know what to do, all this equipment and no drive to want to hit the road. He flopped in Florida and now that it's May he thinks it will be better. The kid is not a national racer period. He's just another regional racer who has great equipment and knowledge handed to him but he will never make it with the big boys. Guess he needs to have his ass handed to him again this summer.

W2Racing09
05-14-2015, 09:34 AM
Nothing more then a dumb stunt from a kid who doesn't know what to do, all this equipment and no drive to want to hit the road. He flopped in Florida and now that it's May he thinks it will be better. The kid is not a national racer period. He's just another regional racer who has great equipment and knowledge handed to him but he will never make it with the big boys. Guess he needs to have his ass handed to him again this summer.

It is always a good thing when a National caliber team returns to the sport. You might not be a fan but every track he shows up at is happy to see him there. I'm not the biggest fan of his either, but I'm under no illusion that the sport is better off without him because it is not.

Thanks,
Jeff.

powerslide
05-14-2015, 09:39 AM

O...........

Josh Bayko
05-14-2015, 10:39 AM
Whatever makes him happy I guess.

Kwd1253
05-14-2015, 10:50 AM
Nothing more then a dumb stunt from a kid who doesn't know what to do, all this equipment and no drive to want to hit the road. He flopped in Florida and now that it's May he thinks it will be better. The kid is not a national racer period. He's just another regional racer who has great equipment and knowledge handed to him but he will never make it with the big boys. Guess he needs to have his ass handed to him again this summer. Very bold statement by someone who never ran national tour. But funny thing is yall b@tch about when he runs a regional series, then when he runs national yall b@tch that he not good enough lol.

JimBo
05-14-2015, 11:30 AM
http://www.stlracing.com/2015/05/11/moyer-jr-returns-to-racing-this-past-weekend-at-magnolia-motor-speedway/

Highside Hustler25
05-14-2015, 12:13 PM

Yeh, Yeh, we've all heard about your marine buddy already. If he's actually looking for Jr., he's not hard to find. You can point him in the right direction. Arkansas.
Maybe your marine buddy should instead teach his daughter some moral values if she's hanging around in the pits trading whatever for a T shirt. Just sayin:rolleyes:

macro646
05-14-2015, 05:36 PM

Sounds like a fair trade to me!!!!

Disclaimer-if she was of age of consent.

Nasty55
05-14-2015, 07:21 PM

Something tells me that your just a sh!t stirrer is all you are!! And as for the Marine and his daughter... I have the up most respect for our country service men and women.... But I have zero respect for someone who talks the talk then can't walk the walk!! Maybe he should keep his kid out of the pits then he won't have to worry about her trading herself for a T-shirt just saying....

rickybrown1952
05-14-2015, 07:42 PM
Glad he's racing again. I don't care how old you are, your parents getting divorced take a toll on your emotions.hopefully this is not a rumor I usually don't get into these kind of things so did billy jr's parents get divorced

Highside Hustler25
05-14-2015, 08:54 PM
hopefully this is not a rumor I usually don't get into these kind of things so did billy jr's parents get divorced

some time ago.

rickybrown1952
05-14-2015, 09:28 PM
OK thanks Highside

tiretester
05-16-2015, 12:33 AM
Something tells me that your just a sh!t stirrer is all you are!! And as for the Marine and his daughter... I have the up most respect for our country service men and women.... But I have zero respect for someone who talks the talk then can't walk the walk!! Maybe he should keep his kid out of the pits then he won't have to worry about her trading herself for a T-shirt just saying....

Sounds like your blaming a 16 year old kid instead of a supposed grown-up twenty-something year old who is looking for something. Shame on moyer for even messing around with a 16 year old. If that was my kid he was trying something with I guarantee I'd teach him a lesson. What's with you people defending an adult who is hitting on a juvenille. I wonder if you would think different if that was you daughter!