PDA

View Full Version : Nitro bee receiver

TPD Racing
05-11-2015, 11:30 AM
Anyone else have a nitro bee receiver that their having issues with? I bought mine brand new before the 2014 season and it worked fine all last year. But when I got it out for my 1st race this year it won't pick up signal at the track. It comes on and seems to work fine but it won't pick up anything the officials at the track are saying.

Cranky
05-11-2015, 12:27 PM
Yep, however mine only worked about 6 times before it did that. I called the company and they said there was no warranty but I could send it back and that there would be a charge to fix it IF..it was fixable!! I slung it out in the woods and bought a Raceciever!

TPD Racing
05-11-2015, 01:04 PM
I reckon I'll just have to buy a Raceciever. Thanks man

stock car driver
05-11-2015, 10:02 PM
ditto it didn't last long have had plenty of raciever die also but not as fast

A ron
05-12-2015, 08:11 AM
I've had the same problems with raceciever. Looks like someone could come up with something better than these $100 pieces of junk. I have two and they seem to work when they want to. I'm just starting out and it's hard to learn to drive when you're having to constantly tinker with a stupid radio. I've run 4 races and the thing has worked right the whole night maybe once.

Lizardracing
05-12-2015, 09:28 PM
Police scanner works well and cost half the amount of a Raceciever.

Brian Gray
05-13-2015, 08:20 AM
^^^^^ ding ding ding ^^^^^

RuggedRadios
05-13-2015, 06:55 PM
Hey guys, Looks like I'm a couple days late but I'd love to be able to help. I'm not sure who here told you that we would charge you to fix it but I'll be sending you a PM to get more info about that as that is not how we handle problems with equipment. Simply put, if the unit is not working as it should, Send it in to us, and we'll diagnose, fix, or replace if necessary. Communications are kind of a big deal to us and to learn that you're not able to get it to work is something we definitely want to remedy. Send me a PM or give us a call and speak with Randy. He knows the nitro bees in and out and can make sure you're taken care of.

beaver396
05-14-2015, 12:49 AM
ive found that the nitro bee are on different channels. find someone and compare the frequencies to the said channel, channel 886 on a raceciever is a different freq than channel 886 on a nitro.