PDA

View Full Version : 05 GRT Front End

N2Racin
05-12-2015, 01:48 PM
Any one know the rack width for a 05 GRT. Maybe even the Tie Rod length?

My car will not turn left very far before the rack is out all the way.

But will turn to the right a very long ways.

I have not seen any documents on the proper lengths.

Car is fast and handles well. Just kind of weird when I pull in the pits and it won't turn left enough to get in behind trailer.

billetbirdcage
05-12-2015, 02:02 PM
Any one know the rack width for a 05 GRT. Maybe even the Tie Rod length?

My car will not turn left very far before the rack is out all the way.

But will turn to the right a very long ways.

I have not seen any documents on the proper lengths.

Car is fast and handles well. Just kind of weird when I pull in the pits and it won't turn left enough to get in behind trailer.

unless, it's a frye car it should be 18.25". You can double check this by measuring between the lower control arm mounts and it should be 18".

Ideally the rack should be centered with the wheel straight, meaning both sides of the rack should extend the same amount past the inner pivot of the lower control arm. You can fudge this a little if you need to turn more one way then the other or if they don't have the rack plate in the right spot.

Keep in mind that moving the center on the rack, will change the bumpsteer if you set it with where it is now.

N2Racin
05-12-2015, 02:52 PM
I have 17.75" between the lower control arm mounts. Center to center

I also have the 19.25 rack.

Thanks for the response.

I bought car like it is but I am going to try to fix centering issue and redo the bump. The Sweet rack has the slotted ends.

rakracing
05-12-2015, 03:46 PM
my 05 and 07 grts had the 191/4 rack in them they both steered further to the right then left, they told me turn all the way right and set right link that the tire is about a inch from touching the header and make your left to fit, probably the way yours is now.

N2Racin
05-12-2015, 07:17 PM
What will having a wider rack do?
if bump is correct?

Matt49
05-12-2015, 09:34 PM
What will having a wider rack do?
if bump is correct?

It won't be correct anymore.