PDA

View Full Version : Bub McCool Sweeps Weekend Action in Mississippi

Ben Shelton
05-13-2015, 02:21 PM
For Immediate Release
Ben Shelton (msrmafia@gmail.com)
May 13th, 2015

Bub McCool Sweeps Weekend Action in Mississippi

Vicksburg, MS (05/13/15) – Bub McCool enjoyed a stellar weekend in his McCool Logging #57J RBT Motorsports/Club 29 Race Car/Jay D ickens Racing Engine Super Late Model as he scored back-to-back victories in his home state of Mississippi.

Bub McCool won a thriller on Friday night at Greenville Speedway (Greenville, Mississippi) as the Mississippi State Championship Challenge Series (MSCCS) and COMP Cams Super Dirt Series (CCSDS) Super Late Models went head-to-head in a $2,000-to-win event.

Thirty-three competitors registered for action, and via preliminary action Bub earned the 10th starting spot for the 40 lap finale. As the recent went green he quickly began working his way forward through the field. With the race approaching the closing laps McCool began to catch the leader, Brian Rickman. On the final lap McCool made his move on Rickman, and won the drag race to the checkered flag to claim the win by a matter of inches. Rickman, Kyle Beard, Robert Baker, and Duke Palasini rounded out the top five finishers. The victory was his second of the year.

Looking to back up his performance, Bub traveled to Magnolia Motor Speedway (Columbus, Mississippi) on Saturday evening for another challenge event between the two series. With 47 entries on hand Bub overcame a battle with Billy Moyer to score the $2,500 victory. He was followed across the finish line by Moyer, Dane Dacus, Chad Thrash, and Rick Rickman.

“Even though I’m still learning how to adjust my driving style to these Club 29 cars, I’m already loving the feel of them,” said an elated McCool. “Greenville has always been good to me, but it’s been a while since I won at Magnolia, so that really says a lot about how good these cars are.”

Full results from the events are available at www.COMPDirt.com .

Bub is unsure of when his next event will be, so keep your browsers locked to www.BubMcCool.com for the latest news.

Bub McCool would like to thank his sponsors, which include McCool Logging, Little Randy’s Hunting Camp, RBT Motorsports, Jay D ickens Racing Engines, Triple B Trucking, Thompson’s Auto Repair, Hoosier Tire South, Club 29 Race Cars, Eibach Springs, Good Hope Lumber, Schaeffer's Specialized Lubricants, Print Worx, GottaRace.com, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Bub McCool, please visit the official team website at www.BubMcCool.com .