PDA

View Full Version : who's been on a better roll this year ???

george w
05-16-2015, 01:52 PM
Randy weaver, or the rain ???

Dirtfan04
05-16-2015, 11:42 PM
Randy weaver, or the rain ???

too close to call

SnakeX3
05-17-2015, 09:52 AM
LOL...No disrespect to Weaver, but Rain is killin' it.

25drtrkr
05-17-2015, 10:13 AM
It seems to me, promoters are quick to pull the plug these days. It makes me wonder, is it the bottomline they're worried about or the possible track conditions?

Highside Hustler25
05-17-2015, 10:14 AM
A guy from Sycamore. Can't remember his name. Has a lot of aliases. Gets knocked down and gets right back in the race:)

allWIS1
05-17-2015, 11:21 AM
It seems to me, promoters are quick to pull the plug these days. It makes me wonder, is it the bottomline they're worried about or the possible track conditions?

I would say they have everyone involved with the event in mind. Themselves as the promoter avoiding a big loss. Going with the forecast and making a decision. Thinking about the drivers and having them avoid a long tow for nothing. And the fans who have a decision to make about making the trip themselves. Track conditions now-a-days also are playing a part in the decision, nobody wants a rough track.

Kwd1253
05-17-2015, 11:52 AM
I would say they have everyone involved with the event in mind. Themselves as the promoter avoiding a big loss. Going with the forecast and making a decision. Thinking about the drivers and having them avoid a long tow for nothing. And the fans who have a decision to make about making the trip themselves. Track conditions now-a-days also are playing a part in the decision, nobody wants a rough track. this, it don't look good if only half the field show up and track conditions suck for bad racing. Or driver make that long haul for nothing. Plus I would be more pissed about paying see crappy race with very low car count then them canceling it. Makes fans not want come back to that track or tour. Only takes one bad show for a fan, fans will remember that next time tour comes back if it's really worth it. I seen lot people on here talk about a track and tour thier first vistit saying they never go back because of one off night from track that has good racing most of time. Better off just cancel it not rob fans and teams.

Kwd1253
05-17-2015, 12:07 PM
But it does suck I only made it 3 local races and 2 MSSC this year. Every good race I planed to go has rain out. From pelican 100, lucas @ arklatex,Jackson motor, Batesville WoO I-30 lil rock plus every thunder valley speedway 5k races has cancel for last 3 mths. Just wondering if I'm going make any big shows this year because of rain lol.

ClampedUp
05-17-2015, 12:31 PM

No doubt promoters/track owners are quick to pull the trigger cancelling shows if there's even a chance of bad weather.
It's all about the bottom line. The die hard fans that would come out no matter what will no longer pay the bills.
Hard to blame them.....

Dirtfan04
05-17-2015, 12:45 PM
I would say they have everyone involved with the event in mind. Themselves as the promoter avoiding a big loss. Going with the forecast and making a decision. Thinking about the drivers and having them avoid a long tow for nothing. And the fans who have a decision to make about making the trip themselves. Track conditions now-a-days also are playing a part in the decision, nobody wants a rough track.

Another factor that needs to be considered these days is insurance. A lot of promoters purchase event insurance for these events. So if the event is cancelled because of weather then they can recoup last monies spent to that point on promoting, prep etc. I don't think it is the only factor, but it definitely plays a factor in promoters deciding to pull the plug and pull it early if they know they will recoup some costs.