PDA

View Full Version : falcon trans problem

39Xhammerdown
05-17-2015, 11:31 PM
Has anyone had this happen trans wont go into gear well car is running low high or rev try to push the clutch in and it went going down its like its stuck turned off the car put into high and it wont roll I think its a clutch disc broke inside. But not sure trans ran fine for last year let me know what guys think trying get it fixed for this Saturday thanks again

Racer96m
05-18-2015, 06:17 AM
I run Falcons, and every time there is any issue with the clutch, the discs are broken. It also likes to break the clutch disc pressure plate, Falcon has made a steel replacement for the alum pressure plate the has fixed that problem. I have learned one thing. If you drain and change the fluid every weekend, it has way less clutch disc problems. If the fluid gets dirty it binds up the discs and cracks them. Good simple Trans and easy to fix, just got to keep the fluid clean.

Dave

Lizardracing
05-18-2015, 10:26 AM
I've never had the disk stack up in mine however the three dowels that operate the slave got stuck on mine and wouldn't disengage. I fixed that my polishing the dowels and reaming the holes.

DRTRCR22
05-26-2015, 10:18 PM
turned off the car put into high and it wont roll If you put it in high gear and the engine started without the car lurching forward, you have something seriously broken inside, but NOT the clutch, as the clutch has nothing to do with high gear... it is a direct drive from crankshaft to driveshaft with no other moving parts in the tranny when in high gear...! If that is not what you meant to say, the next most common problem is your engine idle is too high and the countershafts are spinning too fast to syncro-mesh the low and reverse gear shafts... try turning the idle down to give the gears a chance to mesh...