PDA

View Full Version : Shannon Babb joining the Club....

TMaCiLLiNi39
05-26-2015, 09:45 AM
And you know which club I'm talkin about....

Ben Shelton
05-26-2015, 10:29 AM
I think he ran it at the Show Me.

- Ben

hotshoe65s
05-26-2015, 10:46 AM
The pictures on DoD show it was still a rocket

TMaCiLLiNi39
05-26-2015, 11:21 AM
I think he ran it at the Show Me.

- Ben

Nope it was a rocket in Wheatland... He thought about bringing it but choose the rocket

Ben Shelton
05-26-2015, 11:29 AM
10-4. I had heard he was taking it. Thanks for the correction.

- Ben

AnothaBenchRacer
05-28-2015, 05:16 PM
Ernie and Ben are obviously a good source of info...is it true or not true?

They just not wanting the attention from it?

http://i59.tinypic.com/2dkjzn6.png

TMaCiLLiNi39
05-28-2015, 05:25 PM
Ernie and Ben are obviously a good source of info...is it true or not true?

They just not wanting the attention from it?

http://i59.tinypic.com/2dkjzn6.png

Considering that is his "fan page" ran by no one involved with SBR... They are not credible at all... It's pretty widely known that he had one built... For Ben to know about it and for Ben to not only know about it but to think he ran it at Wheatland... You be the judge

AnothaBenchRacer
05-28-2015, 06:21 PM
Considering that is his "fan page" ran by no one involved with SBR... They are not credible at all... It's pretty widely known that he had one built... For Ben to know about it and for Ben to not only know about it but to think he ran it at Wheatland... You be the judge

Come to think of it you're right. There are two Shannon Babb pages on Facebook. I know one is ran by Emalie, this one is not that.

Highside Hustler25
05-28-2015, 06:22 PM
I could start a Shannon Babb fan page in 5 minutes and have him in a Barry Wright in 6:D

pierceFAN
05-28-2015, 06:30 PM
i heard from someone who knows....change is on the horizon

george w
05-28-2015, 06:32 PM
In my opinion this would be a HUGE lose for rocket, if true . He has been one of the more consistent rocket guys over the last year in a half or so .

WFO 3
05-28-2015, 06:40 PM
I think Petroff bought a disco car and a rocket car for a local racer they tested a few times and he (local) decided on the rocket so I think he's selling the (new disco) but you know him if Shannon wanted it he would get a pair😄💰 I would think he would hang on Thru end of July tho?

AnothaBenchRacer
05-28-2015, 07:33 PM
In my opinion this would be a HUGE lose for rocket, if true . He has been one of the more consistent rocket guys over the last year in a half or so .

Honestly, Rocket has so many customers it ain't nothing but a fly on the wall. If Babb was running full time Lucas/WoO it might have a bigger effect.

buster83
05-29-2015, 07:04 AM
this is bum dope.

hygty
05-29-2015, 07:07 AM
You could put Shannon in an American made and he still hand you your azz... Take that to to bank...he had alot of wins in Rayburns also

slydejob18
05-29-2015, 06:09 PM
Shannon has been in the Rocket so far this season. NO idea whether he's got a Club or not.

My comment is that if you look at his speed, performance in big events (not to mention the SummerNats), and the fact that over the last year, Babb rolls forward in feature events, not backward or neutral....this tells me he's pretty happy with the Rocket. And I know he felt better about his race car last year than he has in a while.

Go get em at Eldora -- we'll see you there.

Go 18!!

TackyTracker
05-29-2015, 06:43 PM
congrats on the baby Shannon... Hope to see you back soon in whatever chassis it is

TMaCiLLiNi39
07-12-2015, 12:38 AM
Hmmmmmmm so who wants to call me a liar again? Lol

Mike Cardine
07-12-2015, 12:49 AM
At lucas oil Speedway, pa said he was in a new car

TMaCiLLiNi39
07-12-2015, 12:51 AM
He was.... And it was.... Wait for it....

A Club 29

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-13-2015, 07:02 AM
Dollar shave club?

JustAddDirt
07-13-2015, 10:29 AM
Dollar shave club?

Amazing razors for a few bucks a month. Just ask Grandpa.....

AnonymousNate
07-13-2015, 11:21 AM
there are a few or so pics that state he was n a new Black Diamond/Club Car.. just to say.....

powerslide
07-13-2015, 02:48 PM
I don't believe anyone is denying he was in a club car. It seems some are without coming out and saying it, saying the car took a detour and went to Shinnston WV for awhile. I said it... But I don't know nothing about nothing

Birky15Bfan
07-13-2015, 04:15 PM
He was in a Club 29 at Wheatland this weekend. The car said Black Diamond on the gas tank and Club 29 on the roll bars just like all the Club 29's.

Highside Hustler25
07-13-2015, 05:34 PM
Babb has been in about every chassis their is lately and you know what he always ends up back in???

That's right. You can say it:)Don't be bashful, just blurt out the answer if ya know.:D

Let me help ya...a ROCKET CHASSIS:cool:

give him time, he'll be back in one soon enough.

Josh Bayko
07-13-2015, 06:14 PM
I heard he's going to take it up to CJ's place so he can see what a modern late model actually is.

WFO 3
07-13-2015, 06:20 PM
powerslide your right about one thing for sure you know nothing about nothing that's for sure but what I do know is the two guys that pick it up do you?? and took it to babbville as for as his rockets he will still run them has 2 one is new why not as HH said he's had some great runs and big wins just one more tool in the box to use thx

AnonymousNate
07-13-2015, 06:27 PM
id like to see BABB put RAYBURN back on the map....!!! just me thought HAHA

Highside Hustler25
07-13-2015, 06:39 PM
I heard he's going to take it up to CJ's place so he can see what a modern late model actually is.

I can only wish this was true.

Okfine
07-13-2015, 07:19 PM
Babb has been in about every chassis their is lately and you know what he always ends up back in???

That's right. You can say it:)Don't be bashful, just blurt out the answer if ya know.:D

Let me help ya...a ROCKET CHASSIS:cool:

give him time, he'll be back in one soon enough.

I didn't realize Shannon switched chassis a lot......thought he was a loyal rocket man.

What others has he been in lately?

Highside Hustler25
07-13-2015, 07:30 PM
I didn't realize Shannon switched chassis a lot......thought he was a loyal rocket man.

What others has he been in lately?

I shouldn't have used the word "lately". I'm referring to after he got out of the Rayburn. He has always been pretty much loyal to Rocket but he's tried most of them over the years.

25drtrkr
07-13-2015, 07:41 PM
I shouldn't have used the word "lately". I'm referring to after he got out of the Rayburn. He has always been pretty much loyal to Rocket but he's tried most of them over the years.

We were waiting with excitement, hh25, thinkin you had some real "scoop"..LOL

I would think Babb would be happy with his finish at the Show me. It appears thy are sharing good info as they claimed spots 3-9!....not bad for the Disco Boyz!

Highside Hustler25
07-13-2015, 09:35 PM
We were waiting with excitement, hh25, thinkin you had some real "scoop"..LOL

I would think Babb would be happy with his finish at the Show me. It appears thy are sharing good info as they claimed spots 3-9!....not bad for the Disco Boyz!

I will say one thing about Babb. He seemed to not qualify very well at the SN races I attended but as someone else said, he always moved forward during the feature. He didn't run that bad. If not for all the rainouts, who knows what might have happened in that points run. Lot of rainouts at tracks Babb has serious track time on. We'll see in the next month if it was a good decision.

cgrace
07-13-2015, 10:33 PM
pretty sure babb will make it work

Chadly329
07-14-2015, 07:07 AM
This is per ShannonBabb.net:

(July 13, 2015) After spending the last month on the UMP DIRTcar Summer Nationals grind, Shannon Babb Racing (SBR) debuted a new Club 29 racecar on July 11-12 at the state-of-the-art Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Missouri. On Saturday evening, the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series sanctioned the annual running of the 'CMH Diamond Nationals' and a $10,000 winner's check was up for grabs. Shannon Babb ran eighth in his stacked heat race, but later advanced up to second in his B-Main to earn the nineteenth starting spot for the 50-lap headliner. In front of the television cameras of the Lucas Oil Production Studios, Shannon picked off twelve competitors during the A-Main on his way to a strong seventh place showing.

At Wheatland on Sunday night, the completion of the rain-postponed 'Show-Me 100' was held and Shannon started the 100-lap crown jewel main event from the outside of the ninth row by virtue of his third place heat race finish back over Memorial Day weekend. The Moweaqua, Illinois ace once again pointed his Club 29 entry towards the front of the stellar field in the $30,000 to win race and eventually wound up eighth in the final rundown of the 2015 'Show-Me 100.' Full results from both Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series shows can be accessed online at www.lucasdirt.com.

powerslide
07-14-2015, 09:24 AM
powerslide your right about one thing for sure you know nothing about nothing that's for sure but what I do know is the two guys that pick it up do you?? and took it to babbville as for as his rockets he will still run them has 2 one is new why not as HH said he's had some great runs and big wins just one more tool in the box to use thx

sense it I do

Babb is great to watch I have nothing bad to say about him re-read my post.

t4g2
07-14-2015, 10:05 AM
Ya he has tried different ones an has his vc by Moyer up for sale an he doesn't drift too far off from Moyer as he still practices Moyer's cars sometimes and I wud love to see him in fegers car and also in his cousins chassis that's been in the works for a few years now.

slydejob18
07-14-2015, 12:07 PM
Highside, I agree, Shannon has had a few bumps qualifying since the beginning of 2014, but his car rolls forward in nearly every feature he runs.

I also agree that he's just adding another tool to the box and that he will make it work. I also agree that had there been a few less rainouts, Babb and Feger would've made the Summernats very interesting.

During the original show-me week, he and bloomer tested at Wheatland. Babb in the Disco car and bloomer in a longhorn. I believe the initial intent was just to see what these cars were like. The Club wasn't built for Shannon originally, but he ended up getting an opportunity and they bought it. Looks like a good move after 2 solid runs over the weekend. Looking forward to chatting with him at Cedar Lake in a couple of weeks.

Go 18!!

chupp n bloomer fan
07-14-2015, 04:03 PM
Highside, I agree, Shannon has had a few bumps qualifying since the beginning of 2014, but his car rolls forward in nearly every feature he runs.

I also agree that he's just adding another tool to the box and that he will make it work. I also agree that had there been a few less rainouts, Babb and Feger would've made the Summernats very interesting.

During the original show-me week, he and bloomer tested at Wheatland. Babb in the Disco car and bloomer in a longhorn. I believe the initial intent was just to see what these cars were like. The Club wasn't built for Shannon originally, but he ended up getting an opportunity and they bought it. Looks like a good move after 2 solid runs over the weekend. Looking forward to chatting with him at Cedar Lake in a couple of weeks.

Go 18!!Whose Longhorn was Bloomer in?

Okfine
07-14-2015, 04:38 PM

Go 18!!

The bloomer testing a longhorn claim seems a bit far fetched........not sayng your wrong or just making it up, just saying it seems unlikely.

I can almost garauntee you that it wasn't a test that anyone from longhorn knew anything about.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-14-2015, 05:39 PM
The bloomer testing a longhorn claim seems a bit far fetched........not sayng your wrong or just making it up, just saying it seems unlikely.

I can almost garauntee you that it wasn't a test that anyone from longhorn knew anything about.What would it matter if they knew? If he drove one of their cars, then you'd almost take that as an honor to me. Though there's only 1 you really wanna drive, that's the one the Rumleys' keep tuned. If he did what others have done with his cars and others, and it took it to his shop and dissected it, then yes, there would/should be a huge issue with whoevers car it was. This is all for naught if it didn't actually happen.

WildBill32
07-14-2015, 06:09 PM
Babb, rocks in what ever car he is in. To bad he was light. At the World 100... The year he won it... Oh well

slydejob18
07-14-2015, 07:11 PM
Couldn't agree more. Babb's definitely one of the nicest guys you'll find. He'll get another shot at The Globe one day. I wish him all the best!

As for your questions ChuppnBloomer and Okfine, the test wasn't a secret and I do not know what Longhorn it was. I'm sure someone does.

Go 18!!

TMaCiLLiNi39
07-14-2015, 08:54 PM
Couldn't agree more. Babb's definitely one of the nicest guys you'll find. He'll get another shot at The Globe one day. I wish him all the best!

As for your questions ChuppnBloomer and Okfine, the test wasn't a secret and I do not know what Longhorn it was. I'm sure someone does.

Go 18!!

I can assure you... Scott Bloomquist has never drove, much less tested... A longhorn chassis... And Shannon did not test the Club 29 at Wheatland prior to this weekend... You were given completely false info

TMaCiLLiNi39
07-15-2015, 12:17 AM
Yeah, tell us what's really going on Ernie... :rolleyes:

When I was at the trailer during the first Show Me 100, he had 2 Rockets up top.... So how does he test a car that's not there?

TMaCiLLiNi39
07-15-2015, 12:22 AM
Yeah, tell us what's really going on Ernie... :rolleyes:

Say what you want... But I'm pretty sure I have been pretty factual about the matter, even while a FB account that claims association with SBR, but is nothing but a fan site ran by someone that doesn't go to races, pretty much called me a liar... So take it for what it's worth...

buster83
07-15-2015, 12:49 AM
100% correct new 18 a club29 car.

Highside Hustler25
07-15-2015, 07:38 AM
Say what you want... But I'm pretty sure I have been pretty factual about the matter, even while a FB account that claims association with SBR, but is nothing but a fan site ran by someone that doesn't go to races, pretty much called me a liar... So take it for what it's worth...

Easy peezy there Ernie:eek:you're starting to sound like HDF:D

Okfine
07-15-2015, 07:56 AM
What would it matter if they knew? If he drove one of their cars, then you'd almost take that as an honor to me. Though there's only 1 you really wanna drive, that's the one the Rumleys' keep tuned. If he did what others have done with his cars and others, and it took it to his shop and dissected it, then yes, there would/should be a huge issue with whoevers car it was. This is all for naught if it didn't actually happen.

Your right, what was I even thinking?

Competitive chassis makers and their drivers let each other test stuff of each other's all the time......and everybody is cool with it.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-15-2015, 08:52 PM
Your right, what was I even thinking?

Competitive chassis makers and their drivers let each other test stuff of each other's all the time......and everybody is cool with it.So you gotta be a smarta$$ douchebag about it?

People jump in other peoples equipment all the time. Or take one back to their shop and dissect it. If you read what I said, the only Longorn you'd really wanna take a spin in is the 6, and that ain't happening. And it's not that you'd be cool with it, but if true, which is up for debate, you know you're doing something right if Bloomer wants a spin in one of your cars.

25drtrkr
07-15-2015, 09:11 PM
EPJ and Owens drove each others car, a couple years ago, at a practice night. EPJ said Owens Bloomquist car was the best car he has ever driven, Owens called EPJ's Longhorn a POS!

Missile18
07-15-2015, 09:18 PM
There is more to the bit of information slydejob18 had but at this time I'll leave it for Tmacillini to present because know one else knows anything or is closer to the source than him.

Go 18!

Okfine
07-15-2015, 10:46 PM
So you gotta be a smarta$$ douchebag about it?

People jump in other peoples equipment all the time. Or take one back to their shop and dissect it. If you read what I said, the only Longorn you'd really wanna take a spin in is the 6, and that ain't happening. And it's not that you'd be cool with it, but if true, which is up for debate, you know you're doing something right if Bloomer wants a spin in one of your cars.

I'm pretty familiar with the dynamics of racers and teams that travel on a touring series and how they form friendships and compare notes etc.

And since you've already labeled me, I'll smart assedly disagree that the 6 is the only longhorn worth sitting in right now..........I think the 116,101,*1,22,2 etc. might have something to say about that.

Sorry about my douchyness, but bloomer has never strapped into a longhorn unless he has seruptitiously purchased one and has it sitting in Tennessee on jack stands.

Okfine
07-15-2015, 10:48 PM
There is more to the bit of information slydejob18 had but at this time I'll leave it for Tmacillini to present because know one else knows anything or is closer to the source than him.

Go 18!
And that announcement will break a lot of hearts when it comes to fruition.

TMaCiLLiNi39
07-16-2015, 01:46 AM
And that announcement will break a lot of hearts when it comes to fruition.

What announcement? Babb is not going to make an announcement about "testing" and the only other announcement would be Bloomquist tested a longhorn... But in a previous message, you yourself said that was not possible...

Okfine
07-16-2015, 07:53 AM
What announcement? Babb is not going to make an announcement about "testing" and the only other announcement would be Bloomquist tested a longhorn... But in a previous message, you yourself said that was not possible...

The future announcement has nothing to do with either of the drivers you mentioned.........look no further than your screen name.

chupp n bloomer fan
07-17-2015, 08:15 PM
I'm pretty familiar with the dynamics of racers and teams that travel on a touring series and how they form friendships and compare notes etc.

And since you've already labeled me, I'll smart assedly disagree that the 6 is the only longhorn worth sitting in right now..........I think the 116,101,*1,22,2 etc. might have something to say about that.

Sorry about my douchyness, but bloomer has never strapped into a longhorn unless he has seruptitiously purchased one and has it sitting in Tennessee on jack stands.Wasn't too hard to label you, you worded it as you did. I to find it hard to believe he was in a Longhorn, but if we weren't there then neither of us can say for sure. Yes, I know them guys are tough. But the brains behind Longhorn is/was Kevin Rumley, so the car you want if you have a choice is the 6. He is a touch better than the rest, but then again Davenport and the Rumleys are just clicking right now.

And anyone would pick Davenport over the others in a bet, etc., at least I would.

I wasn't saying Longhorn would be esctatic if he got in one of their cars and looked it over with a fine tooth comb, or took it back to Tenn. But if he just got in one to see how it felt, if I was Labonte etc, I'd see it as a compliment.