PDA

View Full Version : UMP Suspends Schulte

W2Racing09
05-26-2015, 12:25 PM
Did anyone see the Schulte suspension listed on the DoD site? Gone for at least 60 days and also 2 years of probation. A little lighter than I would expect for what he did.

Thanks,
Jeff.

B_K
05-26-2015, 12:52 PM
Did anyone see the Schulte suspension listed on the DoD site? Gone for at least 60 days and also 2 years of probation. A little lighter than I would expect for what he did.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Complete joke. Six months for punching a guy. Two months for endangering lives by knocking a car through the pits. Makes perfect sense.

Pops15
05-26-2015, 12:59 PM
UMP has zero credibility.

pkracer
05-26-2015, 01:00 PM
Said he was suspended indefinitely and he could apply for reinstatement after 60 days. Doesn't mean they have to let him back in.

skids
05-26-2015, 01:19 PM
What did Highland do about it? I don't see any reason for them to wait for a UMP decision to institute a punishment of their own. Any info. on the speedway's actions?

Pops15
05-26-2015, 01:23 PM
I agree Skids.

Kwd1253
05-26-2015, 01:25 PM
Complete joke. Six months for punching a guy. Two months for endangering lives by knocking a car through the pits. Makes perfect sense.Well I think they was lil harsh on casey with his but there are two different things you got look at here. casey case 1had time cool down. 2 casey is way bigger name a role model for kids and drivers. Schulte case 1. was heated in the moment " I would of figure rest of season suspensions would been more of justice" 2 who is mike schulte???.... but like pkracer racer said they don't have to let him race in 60 days. They can denied him of reinstatement to race. But 2 year probation is good tho, if he farts wrong the can suspend him rest of the years or ban him. I would rather not have probation that when they got you by the nuts.

Kwd1253
05-26-2015, 01:30 PM
What did Highland do about it? I don't see any reason for them to wait for a UMP decision to institute a punishment of their own. Any info. on the speedway's actions? Is ump 95% of Highlands late model race there?

W2Racing09
05-26-2015, 02:47 PM
I completely agree with the suspension terms that were given to Roberts. However I think this one should have been at least as much if not more. I don't think any of the reasoning stated by Kwd exonerates the decision makers at UMP for this one. It shouldn't matter how much time you have to cool down, excusing someone for doing something horribly dangerous in the heat of the moment under caution with track workers and others walking around is a slippery slope. There is no question of intent here, he meant to do exactly what he did. As far as the role model thing, taking that into account is also a slippery slope. Giving someone like Lanigan a stiffer penalty than Boom Briggs for instance for the same issue would not sit well with... anybody despite the fact that Lanigan is a much bigger name.

I did read the article wrong however, he is suspended indefinitely but can apply for reinstatement after 60 days. Either way it should have been a lot longer.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Kwd1253
05-26-2015, 04:21 PM
Not sure I agree with the having time to cool down part.........some guys it just festers the longer you wait.Everybody on the planet knows why they do what they do and to whom.And also why it's not allowed to be truthfully discussed on this forum.Well do 100% agree with you... I just don't cool down at times, but I'm just saying what the woo board quacks think.... but I got question if casey did that on WoO race but ump suspended him too, is schulte suspended from WoO too? Or can he race woo events if wants to?

Matt49
05-26-2015, 05:53 PM
In the Schulte situation, there should be a rule that makes this a cut and dry, no subjective judgement situation.
Rule: If you make intentional contact with another car under caution, you're suspended for 60 days PERIOD
All of this "heat of the moment" babbling is ridiculous. If you can't control your temper to the point that you end up maliciously endangering innocent people who had nothing to do with the incident, then you have NO BUSINESS IN A RACE CAR!!!!! And don't give me this "passionate about racing" BS either. I've been racing since I was 12 and I wouldn't still be nearly going broke doing it if I wasn't passionate about it. But there is NO excuse to use your race car or somebody else's as a weapon. No excuse whatsoever. There's nothing passionate about that. It's ignorant, reckless, disrespectful, immature, and a lot of other things. "Passionate" is not one of them.
Sadly, there shouldn't have to be a rule that outlines what the punishment should be for pushing a driverless car out of control through an infield full of people because that type of behavior should be addressed by law enforcement. It's wanton/reckless endangerment - open and shut case. If I ran that track, he would be banned for life. That type of behavior is what gets tracks shut down when something goes terribly wrong (somebody gets hurt or worse) and then in come the lawyers, etc. Any track promoter willing to tolerate that is essentially condoning it and it will eventually be blood on their hands. Accepting that kind or risk is bad for the race track and ultimately bad for the sport.

25drtrkr
05-26-2015, 06:04 PM
In the Schulte situation, there should be a rule that makes this a cut and dry, no subjective judgement situation.
Rule: If you make intentional contact with another car under caution, you're suspended for 60 days PERIOD
All of this "heat of the moment" babbling is ridiculous. If you can't control your temper to the point that you end up maliciously endangering innocent people who had nothing to do with the incident, then you have NO BUSINESS IN A RACE CAR!!!!! And don't give me this "passionate about racing" BS either. I've been racing since I was 12 and I wouldn't still be nearly going broke doing it if I wasn't passionate about it. But there is NO excuse to use your race car or somebody else's as a weapon. No excuse whatsoever. There's nothing passionate about that. It's ignorant, reckless, disrespectful, immature, and a lot of other things. "Passionate" is not one of them.
Sadly, there shouldn't have to be a rule that outlines what the punishment should be for pushing a driverless car out of control through an infield full of people because that type of behavior should be addressed by law enforcement. It's wanton/reckless endangerment - open and shut case. If I ran that track, he would be banned for life. That type of behavior is what gets tracks shut down when something goes terribly wrong (somebody gets hurt or worse) and then in come the lawyers, etc. Any track promoter willing to tolerate that is essentially condoning it and it will eventually be blood on their hands. Accepting that kind or risk is bad for the race track and ultimately bad for the sport.

I agree with you Matt, 100%!

Highside Hustler25
05-26-2015, 06:07 PM
Well do 100% agree with you... I just don't cool down at times, but I'm just saying what the woo board quacks think.... but I got question if casey did that on WoO race but ump suspended him too, is schulte suspended from WoO too? Or can he race woo events if wants to?
UMP/WRG/WoO all one in the same. I'd say no, he will not be allowed to enter any WoO events

Pushing a driverless car out of control through an infield full of people????What video did you watch???? I missed the infield full of people and the car wildly being pushed out of control...........is there another video or something?

Yes, he pushed a driverless car down into the infield.
Yes, the infield was full of cars and people and emergency crew.
Yes,There were 2 videos of the incident.

hygty
05-26-2015, 06:26 PM
that is old old news geesh

hygty
05-26-2015, 06:34 PM
its highland children its highland it brings the worst out of people mean while the 27 and 127 both raced sat night at a different track

hygty
05-26-2015, 07:50 PM
I was there yes he embellished it alot bigger issue in the stands with one light weight guard trying his best lol

Highside Hustler25
05-26-2015, 08:24 PM
What, that your ole lady's melons sag to her knees? :D

I know Mr Wetter got a chuckle from that one!! :cool:

Made me squirt milk out my nose:eek:Thanks

fastford
05-26-2015, 08:41 PM
Oh, because the video that I saw only had a handful of cars( most not even in turn 3 and 4 where the incident took place) and I counted only 8 people ( mostly officials that were never in any danger,because they were paying attention to the out of control runaway slm hurdling near them at a blazing 5 mph)...............it's quite the embellishment to paint the picture you did based off the only video I saw................was it stupid? yes,.........dangerous? Certainly could have been.........cause for reprimand? Absolutely!!!!........................I would however like to see that second video showing the infield chocked full of people and cars, it would probably change my opinion.

8 or 80, at this point what does it really matter ? oh wait, who said that??????????

Matt49
05-26-2015, 08:45 PM
Nobody is saying the infield looked like Woodstock. But there were people in the infield. One person is one too many to be pushing a car out of control like that. Doesn't matter if the car was going 1 MPH or 100. If it clips you and runs over you, you're seriously injured at best.
Stop making excuses for idiotic behavior. This is one very big reason that our sport isn't getting to the "next level". I don't want it to be like NASCAR where everybody is a robot but this type of crap is completely uncalled for. I want our sport to gain more exposure so that people want to go support their local race track. Some people don't even KNOW they have a local racetrack due to pi$s-poor promotion.
You can be original, opinionated, and passionate about a sport without being a complete jacka$s. At least some people can.

25drtrkr
05-26-2015, 08:49 PM
If yall think Schulte was an idiot, check out the video on Dirt Racin's Facebook.That guy is lucky if he doesn't get jail time. I tried to post the video, but couldn't.

Matt49
05-26-2015, 09:31 PM
If yall think Schulte was an idiot, check out the video on Dirt Racin's Facebook.That guy is lucky if he doesn't get jail time. I tried to post the video, but couldn't.

Is this the one where the street stock guy drives through the infield (also pit area) at WOT and flips another car? If so, I just saw that today. And yes, that is ridiculous and makes Schulte look like Mother Teresa.
Must have been "heat of the moment" and he is very "passionate" about racing...RME

25drtrkr
05-26-2015, 09:52 PM
Is this the one where the street stock guy drives through the infield (also pit area) at WOT and flips another car? If so, I just saw that today. And yes, that is ridiculous and makes Schulte look like Mother Teresa.
Must have been "heat of the moment" and he is very "passionate" about racing...RME

Yeah Matt, that's the one!

SnakeX3
05-27-2015, 12:10 PM
Drivers are humans and humans make choices. Drivers are humans and humans make mistakes. It is the job of the sanctioning body to write and enforce rules that treat a mistake and a choice the same way so that the ruling for an action is black and white.

In my opinion, the reason we are having this discussion is the failure of the UMP to make and enforce the rules fairly, consistantly and impartially. This is very much the way NA$$CAR handles things. Whether it is rules violations relating to a specific race or their so called championship eligibility rules, they are subject to the catch all "for any reason or no reason at all, NA$$CAR can do what it pleases". It saddens me that WoO and UMP seem to be following NA$$CAR's lead.

SnakeX3
05-27-2015, 01:10 PM
It also makes drivers accountable for their actions. You wreck someone under caution, then there are clear cut rules based on your history. If you think it's worth it to wreck someone and miss races and get fines, you know can make that choice. You want to punch someone's lights out? Your call. And if you got "too emotional"....doesn't matter...the sanctioning body doesn't even take that into account. If you get too emotional too often, the rules are clear and the DRIVER is responsible for making the choice to seek anger management counseling if it may threaten his future in racing. There would be no need for the sanctioning body to be racing's version of a Nanny State.

Sadly, people with power would rather control others then make them accountable for their actions and allow them to make their own decisions.

skids
05-27-2015, 01:23 PM
While the criticism of UMP may have some merit, WHY is nobody questioning Highland Speedway? I have asked twice now what disciplinary actions Highland has taken and nobody has answered. Why is Highland somehow exempt from criticism? To allow this to take place on their track and it take this long for a statement of disciplinary action is ridiculous! All I can find that they have done is push it off on UMP. They "have provided UMP with the details of the incident". Whoopee Dooo! Have some gonads and issue your OWN punishment! Let UMP do whatever UMP does. It has ZERO to do with what Highland should do.

To me Highland is first and foremost responsible for any disciplinary action in this case and UMP, being the sanctioning body, is secondary.

Can someone answer me as to why UMP is any more responsible for punishment in this case than Highland??? Seems to me that preconceived notions of UMP are muddying the waters here a bit and Highland is skating by without criticism. Why?

SnakeX3
05-27-2015, 02:51 PM
In Highlands case I think they would have more of a vested interest in punishing high risk actions for insurance purposes alone. I know nothing of the agreements between sanctioning bodies and tracks, so I really can't comment on it. I know if it was in my power as a track owner, I'd ban the guy for life, but that's just how I would handle it.

Matt49
05-27-2015, 05:05 PM
While the criticism of UMP may have some merit, WHY is nobody questioning Highland Speedway? I have asked twice now what disciplinary actions Highland has taken and nobody has answered. Why is Highland somehow exempt from criticism? To allow this to take place on their track and it take this long for a statement of disciplinary action is ridiculous! All I can find that they have done is push it off on UMP. They "have provided UMP with the details of the incident". Whoopee Dooo! Have some gonads and issue your OWN punishment! Let UMP do whatever UMP does. It has ZERO to do with what Highland should do.

To me Highland is first and foremost responsible for any disciplinary action in this case and UMP, being the sanctioning body, is secondary.

Can someone answer me as to why UMP is any more responsible for punishment in this case than Highland??? Seems to me that preconceived notions of UMP are muddying the waters here a bit and Highland is skating by without criticism. Why?

I don't know what the track's deal is but I've wondered the same thing. Yes they are a UMP track but that doesn't exempt them from being responsible for some sort of judgement because this happened at THEIR track. 1 of 2 things is happening, I think. 1) They hoped UMP would make a decision and they would just agree with tit and Schulte would be out at their track for that long since they are UMP sanctioned. Or 2) They wanted to wait to see what UMP had to say and then come back with a stiffer penalty pertaining to THEIR track. Let's hope it's the latter but I have little faith that's the case based on how lightly they handled it when it was actually going down.

reddog
05-27-2015, 05:45 PM
Or , maybe the track mgmt. just don't want to think for themselves and do the right thing.........if ump makes the call and it's the wrong one( which IMO , it did with the lenient penalty), then the track doesn't have to accept the liability of making a bad call.......no blood on their hands , YET.

what kind of legal responsibility do you assume when you cause damage or injury with your race car?

hygty
05-27-2015, 08:03 PM
In Highlands case I think they would have more of a vested interest in punishing high risk actions for insurance purposes alone. I know nothing of the agreements between sanctioning bodies and tracks, so I really can't comment on it. I know if it was in my power as a track owner, I'd ban the guy for life, but that's just how I would handle it. yes people in the infield without barriers is plan stupid als the track should have some inside boundaries

hygty
05-27-2015, 10:38 PM
Or like most other fairgrounds