PDA

View Full Version : Favorite 3 dlm drivers from the state of georgia........

Okfine
05-29-2015, 02:57 PM
Let's hear them........

Mine are ( in no particular order)

Johnathan davenport
Casey Roberts
Casey barrow

Pennsboro23
05-29-2015, 04:29 PM
Overton, JD, McCintosh

drano
05-29-2015, 04:49 PM
Buck Simmons
Clint Smith
Casey Roberts

Okfine
05-29-2015, 05:08 PM
Buck Simmons
Clint Smith
Casey Roberts

Wow, you went and broke out dlm royalty...........great call on Simmons.

I'm a fan of jack Pennington also, but haven't seen him around in about 5 or 6 years ( maybe longer)

I should have said favorite 3 active drivers, but glad to hear Bucks name thrown around anyway..........

SnakeX3
05-29-2015, 05:31 PM
That's a tough one. Only three? I guess Davenport, Roberts and Overton.

Highside Hustler25
05-29-2015, 06:02 PM
Hey, where are all the Coconut fans:confused:

FreeBird
05-29-2015, 06:39 PM
Fulmer Lance
Buck Simmons
C.L. Pritchett

B_K
05-29-2015, 10:01 PM
Hey, where are all the Coconut fans:confused:

You mean the WoO points leader? Yeah I like that guy.

B_K
05-29-2015, 10:03 PM
Old school
Charlie Hughes
Leon Brindle
Snooks DeFoor

Now
Jake knowles
Aaron Ridley
Chip Brindle

D. Tidrow
05-30-2015, 02:03 AM
Old schoolCharlie HughesLeon BrindleSnooks DeFoorNowOvertonJake knowlesAaron RidleyMike Head Clint SmithJ. D.

Okfine
05-30-2015, 11:52 AM
Old school
Charlie Hughes
Leon Brindle
Snooks DeFoor

Now
Overton
Jake knowles
Aaron Ridley

Is Aaron Ridley related to Jody Ridley?

LMPunk
05-30-2015, 11:57 AM
Overton, Ellis, Smith.

GRT24
05-30-2015, 06:21 PM
Is Aaron Ridley related to Jody Ridley?

They are distant cousins. All the Ridleys are from around the Chatsworth area

Okfine
06-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Georgia boy looked great this weekend.........hope next weekend is just as successful.

Chadly329
06-01-2015, 12:32 PM
Dale mcdowell

dale mcdowell

dale mcdowell

Turtle12
06-01-2015, 02:04 PM
McIntosh
Davenport
Roberts

Nasty55
06-01-2015, 10:59 PM
Davenport

Roberts

Overton

IceCowart
06-01-2015, 11:48 PM
Old school
Simmons
Lunsford
Kinamer
Today
Davenport
Clanton
McDowell

badacefaist19
06-02-2015, 09:03 AM
81 Ridley
38 Brindle
25 Clanton

GRT24
06-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Old school
Simmons
Lunsford
Kinamer
Today
Davenport
Clanton
McDowell

I will give a times 2 for this one.

nlhenry55
06-02-2015, 02:46 PM
Old School- Buck Simmons, Sam Sommers, Joe Bishop-- Today, Jonathan Davenport, Brandon Overton, Casey Roberts. Old & still going, Jimmy Sharpe Sr.

GRT24
06-02-2015, 07:42 PM
Chip was running go karts earlier in the year I believe he still is. The kart stuff belonged to Norman Bryson the same guy he run late models for

B_K
06-02-2015, 08:57 PM
What is chip brindle doing these days? There for a while he was popping up all over the place a few years back.

Working mostly. He started a business a little over a year ago and stays busy with that. He drove one of Buster Goss' car at Dixie last weekend. That's the first time he's been in a super in two years, and the first time in any car all year. He ran his own crate car 5-6 times last year. He has been doing some kart stuff with Bryson.

High 5
06-04-2015, 08:28 AM
Shane Clanton
Dale McDowell
Casey Roberts

Old School:
Jack Pennington
Buck Simmons
Mike Head

Barbecueboy
06-04-2015, 08:45 AM
Casey Roberts........the enforcer.
Dale McDowell........Mack daddy.
Ivedent loyd...........the professor

Barbecueboy
06-04-2015, 09:53 AM
Dudes a knockout..........great guy!!!

dalexander19
06-04-2015, 10:05 AM

Ivedent Lloyd is from Ocala, Fl. but no doubt about it he's won his share in the peach state over the years.

zyoung25
06-04-2015, 10:53 AM
Chip was running go karts earlier in the year I believe he still is. The kart stuff belonged to Norman Bryson the same guy he run late models for

Didn't Bryson sell out due to some health issues? One thing about him when he had a team, he bought the best of everything for Brindle and Marlar when they drove for him.

Barbecueboy
06-04-2015, 11:58 AM
Ivedent Lloyd is from Ocala, Fl. but no doubt about it he's won his share in the peach state over the years.

Thought he lived in ga some when Frankie owned golden isles, thanks for the correction though.

GRT24
06-04-2015, 12:40 PM
Didn't Bryson sell out due to some health issues? One thing about him when he had a team, he bought the best of everything for Brindle and Marlar when they drove for him.

That's what I heard he had some health issues but never heard anything after that. Bryson did jump into as big as anyone could. I think the only driver he helps now is Eric Cooley as far as late models. Bryson and his kids were both racing karts as well so I assume if there were health issues they are behind him. I seen them pull into dawgwood speedway in Chatsworth ga in his toterhome he had with his kart stuff in it.

W2Racing09
06-04-2015, 01:56 PM

Glad to see you are back BBQ. Not sure if you have been back for awhile or not (I've not been on here much).

My top 3:

Clint Smith
Jonathan Davenport
Brandon Overton

zyoung25
06-04-2015, 02:12 PM
That's what I heard he had some health issues but never heard anything after that. Bryson did jump into as big as anyone could. I think the only driver he helps now is Eric Cooley as far as late models. Bryson and his kids were both racing karts as well so I assume if there were health issues they are behind him. I seen them pull into dawgwood speedway in Chatsworth ga in his toterhome he had with his kart stuff in it.

I knew his name was still on Cooleys cars, even after he sold out, which I thought was odd. It's a good thing he got all of that stuff behind him and is back into racing, even if it is karts. I bet that was a sight to see, big toter towing a trailer full of kart stuff haha.

Thanks for the info.

dalexander19
06-04-2015, 03:32 PM
Thought he lived in ga some when Frankie owned golden isles, thanks for the correction though.

I'm not positive as to wether or not the two of them are even related, I've heard they were and I've heard they weren't. I do know that Frankie is from Jacksonville and Ivedent from Ocala. Frankie had a couple of sons who raced though, one in particular named Micheal that could wheel a late model right there with the best of 'em.

IZZOJR16
06-04-2015, 06:23 PM
did Billy Ogle Jr. and his dad live in Georgia at one time? if so he's my pick

Barbecueboy
06-05-2015, 10:04 AM
I'm not positive as to wether or not the two of them are even related, I've heard they were and I've heard they weren't. I do know that Frankie is from Jacksonville and Ivedent from Ocala. Frankie had a couple of sons who raced though, one in particular named Micheal that could wheel a late model right there with the best of 'em.

I always thought Ivedent was Frankie's son........I know when I used to go to golden isles a bunch I would see them together a pretty good bit.

Either way, I'm a fan of the professor.

Barbecueboy
06-05-2015, 10:05 AM
Glad to see you are back BBQ. Not sure if you have been back for awhile or not (I've not been on here much).

My top 3:

Clint Smith
Jonathan Davenport
Brandon Overton

Thanks jeff..............hope you are well.

Barbecueboy
06-05-2015, 10:07 AM
I knew his name was still on Cooleys cars, even after he sold out, which I thought was odd. It's a good thing he got all of that stuff behind him and is back into racing, even if it is karts. I bet that was a sight to see, big toter towing a trailer full of kart stuff haha.

Thanks for the info.

Looks like Bryson has come on board with superman...........smart guy sponsoring a smart group of guys.

Win /win.....

GRT24
06-05-2015, 02:15 PM
They say Bryson will spend the money but you don't know when the rug will get pulled out from under ya.

Barbecueboy
06-06-2015, 11:18 AM
" THEY" would be incorrect in that statement..................as I understand it,there are normally never any surprises on where you stand with Mr. Bryson.

I think you have him confused with MR Baird........

B_K
06-06-2015, 01:08 PM
" THEY" would be incorrect in that statement..................as I understand it,there are normally never any surprises on where you stand with Mr. Bryson.

I think you have him confused with MR Baird........

Both of you are right and wrong.

Norman is pretty cut and dry, but I know one person was getting ready to go to a race, then an hour later was packing everything up. I think Chip was a victim of his own early success. He never ran a regular show his first year ever driving a super. Finished 4th in his first race at an Ultimate show at Modoc. Sat on the pole after beating Bloomquisit in a heat at march madness in his 4th race where he also finished 4th. Then sat on the pole of the Show-me 100 not long after that. A season that was going to be a slow learning process was out the window. He was given great equipment and a heck of an opportunity. It was just too much too soon IMO.

They've obviously made peace with the situation. Norman has helped him out a couple of times since then.

He seemed fine this year when I was talking to him at North Georgia, so I think his health is fine.

Mr Baird................