PDA

View Full Version : Tracks near Santa Claus, IN?

Welder89
05-31-2015, 07:01 PM
Taking the girlfriend to Holiday World in Santa Claus, IN in few weeks. Thought about trying to catch a race while I was in the area. Wanted to try an go to a track I've never been to before, but all the tracks I can think of like Terre Haute, Paducah, KY Lake, Brownstown, Twin Cities are all at least 2-3 hrs away. Surely there has to be a dirt track closer than the ones I mentioned. I wouldn't mind going over into southern IL either. Thanks in advance for any info guys.

HoosierDirtFan
05-31-2015, 07:04 PM
Taking the girlfriend to Holiday World in Santa Claus, IN in few weeks. Thought about trying to catch a race while I was in the area. Wanted to try an go to a track I've never been to before, but all the tracks I can think of like Terre Haute, Paducah, KY Lake, Brownstown, Twin Cities are all at least 2-3 hrs away. Surely there has to be a dirt track closer than the ones I mentioned. I wouldn't mind going over into southern IL either. Thanks in advance for any info guys.

Paragon Speedway - Paragon, Indiana - www.paragonspeedway.com/main.htm
Bloomington Speedway - Bloomington, Indiana - www.bloomingtonspeedway.com

Mud Packer
05-31-2015, 07:09 PM

Closest track would be Tri State Speedway in Haubstadt. Tri State is a special events track and depending on when you go, they might be racing. Excellent facility which normally runs traditional sprints and modifieds. Also Chandler Motor Speedway in Chandler is a dirt track that I believe runs a regular program on Friday nights. After that, you will have to do some traveling as you said.

Edit. Wayne County Speedway in Wayne City, IL would seem to be the closest Illinois track. I don't know much about it but it is about 90 miles to the west of Santa Claus. Hope this helps.

t3r3e3
05-31-2015, 09:22 PM

It's been mentioned, but Haubstadt is worth a visit. Tom Helfrich is one of the best track prep guys in the nation. Usually a 3 groove track, and worth a visit, even if it's just dune buggies, mods, and wingers. I go to the Summer Nats show every year.

Just The Tip
05-31-2015, 09:28 PM
What time frame is a couple of weeks? The closest dirt track to you will be Tri State Speedway in Haubstadt IN. Less than an hour away, west on I-64 to exit 25. North on Hwy 41 2 miles. Hands down the best dirt track preparation I have experienced. Like Mud Packer said they are a "special only" scheduled track, so they dont race every weekend. Here is their schedule for the next couple of races.
Saturday, Jun 6Summer Showdown MSCS Sprints plus Summit Modifieds $1500 to win2000.Adults $18, Students $10, 12 & under Free
newsSaturday, Jun 27Southern IN Sprint Stampede MSCS Sprints & MOWA Winged Sprints2000.Adults $20, Students $15, 12 & under Free

If you get the chance to go there I would highly recommend it. I just recently (couple years) relocated to the area and rarely miss a race there and have not been disappointed yet.

Matt49
06-01-2015, 06:25 AM
The closest dirt track to Santa Clause would actually be Chandler Motor Speedway.
http://chandlermotorspeedway.com/

Welder89
06-01-2015, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys, ill definitely check out tri-state speedway. Ive heard my dad and alot of others talk about Tom Helfrich over the years and I knew he was from Haubstadt. Good to hear the track prep is done right, seems like thats a thing of the past these days. Gonna try and plan the trip on the weekend of the summer nationals lol.

J20in1st
06-01-2015, 07:17 AM
use http://www.dirtfan.com/find-dirt-track-races/