PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Cell Service at the Dream????

just lookin
06-03-2015, 09:58 AM
Anyone know if they will have the verizon service available this weekend? I seem to remember them doing that at the WORLD last year.

Madcat
06-03-2015, 10:05 AM
Anyone know if they will have the verizon service available this weekend? I seem to remember them doing that at the WORLD last year.

Good question, last year right around the truck race they had a temporary tower brought in and left it the rest of the season.

Actually may call the track today about this as wife is due with twins any day now and plan is to be there Thursday - Sunday but definitely need cell phone access.

Maybe someone who has been there for the Appleseed or another race can comment?

Madcat
06-03-2015, 10:10 AM
Just called, no answer so I posted on FB asking. Hopefully someone can chime in here.

just lookin
06-03-2015, 10:26 AM
I was at the Appleseed and there was NO verizon service.

Madcat
06-03-2015, 10:29 AM
That's not good. Also funny because Verizon's coverage map has that area in their "digital" coverage, so it "should" be covered fully.

WisWildManFan
06-03-2015, 10:30 AM
The one weekend a year I get good service lol

Mams
06-03-2015, 11:39 AM

They do it for the NAPCAR race but guess that's more important than a little late model race!

jp631989
06-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Verizon took the portable tower down after the season and I guess have no plans of getting one up now. I think AT&T has a tower there but none of the others.

Madcat
06-03-2015, 12:21 PM
Verizon took the portable tower down after the season and I guess have no plans of getting one up now. I think AT&T has a tower there but none of the others.

Yep, confirmed no Verizon tower, AT&T is the tower across the street.

In The Gas
06-03-2015, 08:35 PM
It will not hinder me going but it should be an emergency concern. Verizon is the choice for the area so Sprint (NASCAR) should quit the crap.
Oh yeah Sprint is leaving NASCAR after this year. So why is it an issue if Verizon has a tower?

jp631989
06-04-2015, 08:28 AM
Verizon not having a tower has nothing to do with Nascar or Sprint...so there is no issue "In The Gas." Verizon chooses if there is a tower or not there and they choose not to put one up. Eldora wants one there but they don't have much say in it.