PDA

View Full Version : Low car count for the Dream

dirtracefan21
06-05-2015, 09:00 AM
Only 80 some cars! Don't they usually draw well over 100 normally?

Oley Wilkersen
06-05-2015, 09:16 AM
Heard it's up about ten cars from last year. By saturday there'll be morris I mean more.

HoosierDirtFan
06-05-2015, 09:43 AM
84 cars

Heard it's up about ten cars from last year. By saturday there'll be morris I mean more.

6 cars more then last year

zyoung25
06-05-2015, 09:48 AM
The dream hasn't drawn over 100 cars in several years. What's there, is what is expected to be there, it's all top of the line equipment. You don't get guys that haul up there just to say they tried anymore, it isn't worth it.

cutman
06-05-2015, 09:50 AM
Car counts are overrated, I'll take quality over quantity

Oley Wilkersen
06-05-2015, 10:03 AM
Absolutely!!!

Oley Wilkersen
06-05-2015, 10:08 AM
The dream hasn't drawn over 100 cars in several years. What's there, is what is expected to be there, it's all top of the line equipment. You don't get guys that haul up there just to say they tried anymore, it isn't worth it.

Did you check to see if what you said here hadn't already been posted? The copyright cop may be on duty! Lol some more...

Josh Bayko
06-05-2015, 10:16 AM

I totally agree.

zyoung25
06-05-2015, 10:21 AM
Did you check to see if what you said here hadn't already been posted? The copyright cop may be on duty! Lol some more...

I didn't, I guess I'm gonna have to from now lol.

Oley Wilkersen
06-05-2015, 10:28 AM
I didn't, I guess I'm gonna have to from now lol.

If you don't you darn sure bet he will! Lol

When I read that last night I lmao... :D

MJD1rtBurner
06-05-2015, 10:34 AM
84 cars produced some great racing last night. One feature won on the bottom and another upstairs. All in all an overall A+ if you ask me!

MI Dirt Fan
06-05-2015, 10:37 AM
Guys are points racing somewhere else

GEAR_HEAD
06-05-2015, 11:35 AM

You are still living in 2002.

W2Racing09
06-05-2015, 01:08 PM
Car counts may be overrated but I'm sure Eldora would love to have the back gate money that they used to get from 100+ cars. That is quite a dent in the wallet to lose almost 20% of the back gate.

Thanks,
Jeff.

ShawnStreet
06-05-2015, 01:56 PM
MI Dirt Fan hit it. My first Dream was the 1995 version, well over 100 cars. But there weren't 18,000 regional tours back then. In 95 a driver could be tempted to give it a shot since there wasn't much else going on that weekend. Now he can stay home and find a decent $5,000 or $10,000 to win race.

zyoung25
06-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Car counts may be overrated but I'm sure Eldora would love to have the back gate money that they used to get from 100+ cars. That is quite a dent in the wallet to lose almost 20% of the back gate.

Thanks,
Jeff.

They get more fans at both of these races now than they did in those times. The dream doesn't get pull of fans or cars of the world, and never has. There are wayyyy more people that attend the world now than there was back when they getting 100-200+ cars.

I remember being able roll in on Friday night get a camping spot within the first couple rows of a speedy campground. Now you Roll in on Friday night you're back about 20 rows.

I'd say it equals out, there's no way they lose money on the world weekend.

MI Dirt Fan
06-05-2015, 02:56 PM
The World draws a bit more because most tracks or series are done or very close.

Oley Wilkersen
06-05-2015, 03:05 PM
The World draws a bit more because most tracks or series are done or very close.

Or, maybe it's because it's "The Granddaddy" in the house that Earl built?

Highside Hustler25
06-05-2015, 05:46 PM
MI Dirt Fan hit it. My first Dream was the 1995 version, well over 100 cars. But there weren't 18,000 regional tours back then. In 95 a driver could be tempted to give it a shot since there wasn't much else going on that weekend. Now he can stay home and find a decent $5,000 or $10,000 to win race.

Where are you going to race for 5 grand or better this weekend:confused:

I know PRP has a unsanctioned $5000 race this weekend, but I highly doubt any sanctioning series is having any race paying close to 5-10 grand.

Like Z said, what's there is the best of the best. It's got to be someone with deep pockets to go to the Dream or World just to say they did it. Whole lot of darn good racers that don't make the race.

huskerdirt
06-05-2015, 06:12 PM
Where are you going to race for 5 grand or better this weekend:confused:

I know PRP has a unsanctioned $5000 race this weekend, but I highly doubt any sanctioning series is having any race paying close to 5-10 grand.

Like Z said, what's there is the best of the best. It's got to be someone with deep pockets to go to the Dream or World just to say they did it. Whole lot of darn good racers that don't make the race.

Although not 5,000 to win.

Appalachian Speedweek has 3 4k to win shows. Ultimate has a 4k to win show. Carolina Clash has a 4k to win also. Mars and Comp Cams have 2k and 3k to win shows.

There's a ton of regional racing going on this weekend.

Highside Hustler25
06-05-2015, 06:20 PM

Appalachian Speedweek has 3 4k to win shows. Ultimate has a 4k to win show. Carolina Clash has a 4k to win also. Mars and Comp Cams have 2k and 3k to win shows.

yep, add em all up and you've got a 10 grand show:rolleyes:

zyoung25
06-05-2015, 06:21 PM

If this was the case the dtwc and world finals would out number every big paying race every year.

MI Dirt Fan
06-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Theres probly at least 3 or 4 from MI that would've been there but they are running the series in MI. 31 cars tonight for 3k at Winston. No Brian Ruhlman. Did he disappear?

huskerdirt
06-05-2015, 08:03 PM
yep, add em all up and you've got a 10 grand show:rolleyes:

And if you win one of those 4k to win shows. You get the same payout as 6th place in Dream. How about that......

zyoung25
06-05-2015, 08:12 PM
You guys want me to complain to the man about raising payout through out the field?

george w
06-05-2015, 08:15 PM
Nice shot Z !

huskerdirt
06-05-2015, 08:40 PM
You guys want me to complain to the man about raising payout through out the field?

I'm just stating why guys don't go.

If you wanna complain about the dream....... You should be complaining about a lot of other races. Only difference is the dream has that 100k cherry on top.

ironboss
06-05-2015, 08:45 PM
These other series need to take the weekend off and stop scheduling over top of the biggest races in the sport. It's like having a football game the same night as the Super Bowl. These series should encourage and help their drivers ($) to go run the big race...represent their series and take a shot!

zyoung25
06-05-2015, 08:48 PM
I'm just stating why guys don't go.

If you wanna complain about the dream....... You should be complaining about a lot of other races. Only difference is the dream has that 100k cherry on top.

Lol I think you got it all wrong, read my other posts in this thread bud. It was a joke. I know why guys don't go and I don't blame them.

RocketChassis#1
06-05-2015, 09:06 PM
Not sure why other series or other tracks need to not run on the Dream or World 100 weekends. Not like Tony going to shut his place down for someone else's race. And not everyone wants, or cares to go to Eldora for this event.

huskerdirt
06-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Lol I think you got it all wrong, read my other posts in this thread bud. It was a joke. I know why guys don't go and I don't blame them.

Lol.... Right over my head. ;)

zyoung25
06-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Lol.... Right over my head. ;)

I wouldnt approach him with something dumb like that anyway lol. But it's cool bud!

Highside Hustler25
06-06-2015, 05:08 AM

Again, we are talking 5 - 10 grand races. Not # of races. We were talking $$$. Yeh, there are 2 and 3 grand shows out there. Nothing close to 10 grand.

Like Bloomer said, If you have ANY confidence in your race team, your at Eldora. If your not there, well...

huskerdirt
06-06-2015, 08:40 AM
Again, we are talking 5 - 10 grand races. Not # of races. We were talking $$$. Yeh, there are 2 and 3 grand shows out there. Nothing close to 10 grand.

Like Bloomer said, If you have ANY confidence in your race team, your at Eldora. If your not there, well...

What's the difference between 4 and 5 grand. Not much. Since WoO/Lucas are anchoring most of the 10k to win races. During Eldora week, you aren't gonna find very many if any at all. Most regional series don't any 10k races. And if they do, it certainly isn't gonna be during the Dream/World.

Let say Casey Roberts isn't suspended by WoO/UMP. Would he be at Eldora? No flipping way.... Because Ulitmate has a race this weekend and he's leading the points.

What about Rick Eckert??? Nope he's running Applachion Mtn Speedweek.

That's the point I'm making.....there other races that make more business since then going to Eldora.

hygty
06-06-2015, 08:48 AM
Roberts would 've been there in a heart beat , Eckert doesn't run well there

Josh Bayko
06-06-2015, 09:43 AM
These other series need to take the weekend off and stop scheduling over top of the biggest races in the sport. It's like having a football game the same night as the Super Bowl. These series should encourage and help their drivers ($) to go run the big race...represent their series and take a shot!

There is no reason other tracks and series should take the weekend off in the middle of the season so only 1 track makes money. Quit being a ridiculously selfish fan.

Josh Bayko
06-06-2015, 09:44 AM
Roberts would 've been there in a heart beat , Eckert doesn't run well there

You do know that Eckert has won the Dream before, right?

cutman
06-06-2015, 09:59 AM
How many didn't show that could of made some noise in this race? 10?

High 5
06-06-2015, 10:02 AM
DLM racing is not NASCAR where only 42 guys in the USA run the car. There are thousands of dirt late models all over the country so looking at it that way I can see where the op is coming from. It's the highest paying race of the year, you'd like to see over 200 cars show up. We got used to seeing over 200 cars show up for the World too. Having over 80 cars though, of the caliber that are there is a great showing. I wish I was there. I don't see it as him complaining at all.

High 5
06-06-2015, 10:07 AM
I think 10 is being generous if we're being realistic.

cutman
06-06-2015, 10:13 AM
I think 10 is being generous if we're being realistic.

I agree, 5 might be generous

Chub has been running good
Roberts has been good
RJ Conley is always good at the E
Jackie Boggs same as Conley
Chris madden

zyoung25
06-06-2015, 10:14 AM
Something tells me Roberts would've been here. The Cushman family that sponsors him are here, I seen them at the rv last night. They normally aren't here if he isn't.

hygty
06-06-2015, 10:16 AM
You do know that Eckert has won the Dream before, right?yeah and don't live in the past so has Freddy Smith

hotshoe65s
06-06-2015, 10:40 AM
Chub,
Eckert,
Boggs,
Linville,
Madden,
The Conleys,
Drown,
Gustin,
Bronson,
Stovall,
McCool,

List of guys who could've possibly made some noise. Some of them are a stretch but it could happen.

huskerdirt
06-06-2015, 10:47 AM
Something tells me Roberts would've been here. The Cushman family that sponsors him are here, I seen them at the rv last night. They normally aren't here if he isn't.

Out of the last 9 races at Eldora(Dream/World). Casey Roberts had made exactly ONE appearance. That's was the 2013 World 100.

Just because a sponsor of a racer shows up in his RV. Doesn't mean the racer is gonna show up. This happens more than you think.

Josh Bayko
06-06-2015, 11:00 AM
yeah and don't live in the past so has Freddy Smith

You said Eckert wasn't good at Eldora. I showed evidence that showed you are completely full of sh*t, as usual. You can't move the goalposts to fit your argument.

mud duck
06-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Yeah, Scrub run a lot better last year in the house Car at Eldora than Josh has the first two nights.

hygty
06-06-2015, 11:15 AM
Chub,Eckert,Boggs,Linville,Madden,The Conleys,Drown,Gustin,Bronson,Stovall,McCool,List of guys who could've possibly made some noise. Some of them are a stretch but it could happen.some of those guys have a extremely long haul to race

hygty
06-06-2015, 11:17 AM
You said Eckert wasn't good at Eldora. I showed evidence that showed you are completely full of sh*t, as usual. You can't move the goalposts to fit your argument. you are living inthe past my friend don't live in the PAST like 1999 thats 3 presidents ago the 2 Rice boys weren't even born yet

zyoung25
06-06-2015, 11:19 AM
Out of the last 9 races at Eldora(Dream/World). Casey Roberts had made exactly ONE appearance. That's was the 2013 World 100.

Just because a sponsor of a racer shows up in his RV. Doesn't mean the racer is gonna show up. This happens more than you think.

What's with the attitude? I was just stating he MAY have been here. I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone. Don't get mad about it geeesh! The couple WAS here that time, they was also here in 2010 when he ran the world. Google don't tell ya everything, some things you need to be here and see.

Kwd1253
06-06-2015, 11:22 AM
What's the difference between 4 and 5 grand. Not much. Since WoO/Lucas are anchoring most of the 10k to win races. During Eldora week, you aren't gonna find very many if any at all. Most regional series don't any 10k races. And if they do, it certainly isn't gonna be during the Dream/World.Let say Casey Roberts isn't suspended by WoO/UMP. Would he be at Eldora? No flipping way.... Because Ulitmate has a race this weekend and he's leading the points.What about Rick Eckert??? Nope he's running Applachion Mtn Speedweek.That's the point I'm making.....there other races that make more business since then going to Eldora. this.. why go to eldora when you can hit couple regional this weekend. yes it would be sweet win it but what's the odds for a racer win it when all national racers and your top reguional racers are there going after the 100k. be smart hit some races while the top guys at eldora to pick up points,money lot easier.

IceCowart
06-06-2015, 11:25 AM
Just 1? who thats not in the 80 there could come in and win?

hygty
06-06-2015, 11:28 AM
why not go Eldora you better than 1 and 3 chance of making the field and making the same money maybe more if the moon i set right and the cards are played right

Barbecueboy
06-06-2015, 11:31 AM

Hey husker........I know that you know a lot about a lot, but you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about on this subject.

Casey was coming this year bud.............but he got " unavoidably " detained this year in the mountains of nc and couldn't make it.

So he will just stay home and keep winning in a great series that doesn't have the " look the other way clauses" in their rule book based on who you are.

Again, you do keep up with the sport pretty well, but on this subject you are 100 % incorrect.

Barbecueboy
06-06-2015, 11:33 AM
What's with the attitude? I was just stating he MAY have been here. I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone. Don't get mad about it geeesh! The couple WAS here that time, they was also here in 2010 when he ran the world. Google don't tell ya everything, some things you need to be here and see.

Excellent post zyoung........some people are just to google Wikipedia dependent these days.

And btw, yes he was coming to the big E this year.

Kwd1253
06-06-2015, 11:58 AM
why not go Eldora you better than 1 and 3 chance of making the field and making the same money maybe more if the moon i set right and the cards are played righthow much do they pay for 2 of 3 not making it? so if you don't make you lost entry fee, fuel to race and to get there and back, tires you bought use there, hope no damage to car and motor. so how much money did racer go negative to try to make the race.

hygty
06-06-2015, 12:03 PM
that happens at every race that has more than than the starting field why is Eldora any different

huskerdirt
06-06-2015, 12:05 PM

I'm not mad about anything. I stated I didn't agree with you and why. That is all.

huskerdirt
06-06-2015, 12:11 PM
Hey husker........I know that you know a lot about a lot, but you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about on this subject.

Casey was coming this year bud.............but he got " unavoidably " detained this year in the mountains of nc and couldn't make it.

So he will just stay home and keep winning in a great series that doesn't have the " look the other way clauses" in their rule book based on who you are.

Again, you do keep up with the sport pretty well, but on this subject you are 100 % incorrect.

BBQ...... What I'm looking at is the fact he's leading the Ulitmate series points. They have a race this weekend plus a 20k check to point champion. Throw in the fact he's only made 2 appearances at Eldora since 2010.

That's where I formed my opinion on whether he would've shown up or not.

I guess we will see if he comes to the World 100 this year. I believe Ulitmate has a race that weekend also. So if he comes...... I'll be wrong.

Kwd1253
06-06-2015, 12:19 PM
that happens at every race that has more than than the starting field why is Eldora any differentThat is true, but why go there if you can make field closer to home running reguional make 2-5k knowing the top reguional and national guys not there, pick up easy win and points. that could put you in the point lead or if leading it put space between you and 2nd point leader.

Bubstr
06-06-2015, 12:29 PM
I like the fact, that there are fewer cars. Less cars to wear out the track can be a good thing. If someone is disappointed that their favorite didn't show up, they should tell their favorite driver, not the track or a forum that has no control of it. I don't think any missing driver, would make a difference in the final outcome, although, I do miss Birky not being here.

zyoung25
06-06-2015, 12:52 PM
I'm not mad about anything. I stated I didn't agree with you and why. That is all.

And my point was they're never here unless he was, which you've never been here to see, and I don't know how I was wrong for saying that. But it's cool....carry on.

Barbecueboy
06-06-2015, 12:55 PM
BBQ...... What I'm looking at is the fact he's leading the Ulitmate series points. They have a race this weekend plus a 20k check to point champion. Throw in the fact he's only made 2 appearances at Eldora since 2010.

I guess we will see if he comes to the World 100 this year. I believe Ulitmate has a race that weekend also. So if he comes...... I'll be wrong.

I understand your logic, but sometimes intimate and personal knowledge trumps any kind of speculative assumption based on history and opinion.

He would have been there this weekend.......

That being said, the ultimates ( although not the highest profile series in the country yet)are the most polished set of series officials and promoters in the business.........they do the RIGHT thing , every single time.

All racers( including Casey) know going in that they are all equal and are all treated the same with team ultimate.

Other series could learn a few lessons from there professionalism and fairness practices.

Highside Hustler25
06-06-2015, 12:56 PM
What's the difference between 4 and 5 grand. Not much. Since WoO/Lucas are anchoring most of the 10k to win races. During Eldora week, you aren't gonna find very many if any at all. Most regional series don't any 10k races. And if they do, it certainly isn't gonna be during the Dream/World.

Let say Casey Roberts isn't suspended by WoO/UMP. Would he be at Eldora? No flipping way.... Because Ulitmate has a race this weekend and he's leading the points.

What about Rick Eckert??? Nope he's running Applachion Mtn Speedweek.

That's the point I'm making.....there other races that make more business since then going to Eldora.

Actually. I was responding to someones post about $10,000.00 races this weekend which there are none other than the Dream. I'm fully aware of all the races this weekend. I can read a schedule just like you. Now, if you wish to start something else, I can find time to take you back behind the tool shed and give you a education.:)

Do you just like arguing with everybody, or just 99% of us:confused:

Barbecueboy
06-06-2015, 12:58 PM

And ps....we are talking about the dream, not the world.

Never said he was coming to the world , only the 2015 dream.

Oley Wilkersen
06-06-2015, 01:04 PM
I think ole husker is suffering from "ain't had any in a wile" syndrome, JMO! :D

hygty
06-06-2015, 01:16 PM
yep his boyfriend has been out of town for a couple weeks on the road

huskerdirt
06-06-2015, 01:27 PM
Actually. I was responding to someones post about $10,000.00 races this weekend which there are none other than the Dream. I'm fully aware of all the races this weekend. I can read a schedule just like you. Now, if you wish to start something else, I can find time to take you back behind the tool shed and give you a education.:)

Do you just like arguing with everybody, or just 99% of us:confused:

If you were responding to someone else..... Then why did you keep quoting me? Yes I originally responded to you.... Saying there weren't any 5k or 10k shows but there were these shows......

I'm not trying to start anything. I'm just having a discussion.

huskerdirt
06-06-2015, 01:29 PM
I understand your logic, but sometimes intimate and personal knowledge trumps any kind of speculative assumption based on history and opinion.

He would have been there this weekend.......

That being said, the ultimates ( although not the highest profile series in the country yet)are the most polished set of series officials and promoters in the business.........they do the RIGHT thing , every single time.

All racers( including Casey) know going in that they are all equal and are all treated the same with team ultimate.

Other series could learn a few lessons from there professionalism and fairness practices.

Sometimes it does you are definitely correct. A couple guys that race in my region went. And kept asking myself...... Why? Meanwhile some I thought might go didn't.

And you are definitely right about the Ultimate series.

george w
06-06-2015, 01:30 PM
yep his boyfriend has been out of town for a couple weeks on the road you seem pretty hip to the whole situation, mabe you could hook em up ? Throw him a bone sorta speak?

Oley Wilkersen
06-06-2015, 01:33 PM
Husker, HH! You boys have been friends on here way to long to let this come between ya, now stop it before the love is gone!

Oley Wilkersen
06-06-2015, 01:39 PM
Bbcb! You need to pull this thing together here. If you all are pulling on the same side of the rope, you'll stay strong, and last long. Dam it!! I done forgot the rest of wht I was gonna say here!!!!! SOB!!! I hate when that happens~~ :D

It was gonna be a good one to dad gumm it all!!!!!

Nasty55
06-06-2015, 01:55 PM
Bbcb! You need to pull this thing together here. If you all are pulling on the same side of the rope, you'll stay strong, and last long. Dam it!! I done forgot the rest of wht I was gonna say here!!!!! SOB!!! I hate when that happens~~ :D

It was gonna be a good one to dad gumm it all!!!!!

lmao that happens when old age sets in Oley :D

Oley Wilkersen
06-06-2015, 02:03 PM
Hell, I'm only 53 tho Nasty!! If I start speaking in tongs like Litey there, PLEASE just tell me to shut the.... up ok?? :D