PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Owens

gigi21
06-07-2015, 06:28 AM
what is wrong with Jimmy Owens this year went from winning last year to lap traffic this year?

b1eagle
06-07-2015, 07:01 AM
Club 29 car 29 got lap also

Nasty55
06-07-2015, 07:02 AM
what is wrong with Jimmy Owens this year went from winning last year to lap traffic this year?

Gigi I'm a diehard Jimmy Owens fan but d@mn he looked liked a monkey trying to fuk a football out there last night...... He hasn't been the same since him and fox split ways.... I sure know that when the other Rowland car runs with Stormy that he is strong....

gigi21
06-07-2015, 07:16 AM
Nasty I like to see jimmy run good to but he is bad off you think it is the club 29 cars?

NormP
06-07-2015, 07:42 AM
He won plenty with them last year, so I don't think it's the car.

gigi21
06-07-2015, 08:05 AM
Normp that was with electronic shocks they can't run them this year

2graphic
06-07-2015, 08:06 AM
2 words...... Chris Fox, that's whats wrong with Jimmy Owens

zyoung25
06-07-2015, 08:46 AM
He was coming up through the field and running 5th at one time hen just kinda pained out. Something happen to the car at the end, what it was who knows.

RoundNrOUND
06-07-2015, 10:45 AM
Everybody saying Chris Fox, I've got some news for you, Jimmy let him go. It wasn't that Chris left, Jimmy canned his ass because he was becoming a cancer to the team. Of course I wasn't standing in the shop when it all went down but that came from about the best source possible. Jimmy is t winning quite as much because there are always ups and downs, the good ones figure it out and start winning again.

High 5
06-07-2015, 11:11 AM
I agree, peaks and valleys.....happens to everybody. This is definitely his worst season so far. At least since he became a name in dirt late model racing..

george w
06-07-2015, 12:06 PM
I think as fans are expectations sometimes are a little unrealistic, i fall under this category at times as well. I guess it depends on what you consider a good year so far........ jimmy is currently tied for 3rd in points with don oneal. AHEAD of Scott Bloomquist and is 95 points out of first well within striking distance,i think for jimmy to be in this position an have people wondering whats going on speaks volumes for jimmy if anything. Theres still alot of racing to go fellas .

huskerdirt
06-07-2015, 12:10 PM
He was pretty much in the top 6-7 all night until he hit the wall. Which caused him to get lapped.

Bigger question should be what's wrong with Lanigan.

25drtrkr
06-07-2015, 12:29 PM
He was pretty much in the top 6-7 all night until he hit the wall. Which caused him to get lapped.

I agree husker about Lanigan. They had 3 cars in the top 7 till Jimmy hit the wall. Makes you wonder if Darrell didn't run the disapproved shocks last year. Since he's the team leader, maybe he's being the guinea pig, and "taking one for the team".

hygty
06-07-2015, 01:19 PM
He won plenty with them last year, so I don't think it's the car.but he wasn't in a club 29 car last year something is not jiving that for sure

chupp n bloomer fan
06-07-2015, 02:26 PM
but he wasn't in a club 29 car last year something is not jiving that for sureHe had a Club car last year. Think in about May? he got it.

Tested it at Speedweeks last year, and at The World, he parked with the Discos.

george w
06-07-2015, 02:58 PM
He had a Club car last year. Think in about May? he got it.

Tested it at Speedweeks last year, and at The World, he parked with the Discos. mayish seems right he brought the club an bloomquist car to the show-me an ran the club that year.

cutman
06-07-2015, 03:32 PM
First big race I've been to in awhile where I never considered lanigan or Owens a serious threat coming in

Highside Hustler25
06-07-2015, 03:55 PM

I thought Owens did a great job with a so so car. Far from the most dominate all weekend but he did make the show and ran 5th for quite a while. Owens will be fine. On the other hand, Lanigan must be letting his business take time away from his own program. Scott had the same problem for a while.

BigNilla
06-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Jimmy Owens winningest season was with a Club29 car.

hygty
06-07-2015, 04:26 PM
I don't think so

Nasty55
06-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Nasty I like to see jimmy run good to but he is bad off you think it is the club 29 cars?

I don't think its the cars Gigi I just think that when he hit the wall that it took him off his game... He was on the move up until that point then he went out to lunch...

mud duck
06-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Question that can also be presented, is what's wrong with Rocket and Josh? Josh had a terrible weekend and the Rockets that made the feature couldn't seem to make their way to the back of pack quick enough.

paver
06-07-2015, 09:20 PM
I agree HH i think the business is taking away from his program

Josh Bayko
06-07-2015, 09:42 PM

Lanigan is finding out what Bloomquist found out when Team Zero got to selling a bunch of cars. It's really, really hard to keep your own stuff in order when you've got to worry about a bunch of customer's cars.

What Darrell has to do is what Bloomer eventually did. He's going to have to let his customers fend for themselves. Then he'll start winning like he's used to.

Josh Bayko
06-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Question that can also be presented, is what's wrong with Rocket and Josh? Josh had a terrible weekend and the Rockets that made the feature couldn't seem to make their way to the back of pack quick enough.

Josh is still knocking off the rust from being off for a year. He'll get back to normal soon. I'd say the Firecracker is going to be the start of it. Josh has turned a crapload of laps at Lernerville over the years and he's always good there. I mean, think about it, the last time he was there, he swept the weekend in rather dominant fashion.

mud duck
06-07-2015, 09:57 PM
Josh, I'm not so sure it's just rust. Not even making the field at the Knob a while back and then this weekends performance? Maybe it's not Josh and the Rockets have lost a step? I don't think you can deny they were completely out to lunch this weekend.

huskerdirt
06-07-2015, 10:04 PM
Josh, I'm not so sure it's just rust. Not even making the field at the Knob a while back and then this weekends performance? Maybe it's not Josh and the Rockets have lost a step? I don't think you can deny they were completely out to lunch this weekend.

Didn't he just sweep WoO at Tyler County 2 weeks ago?

In this sport you can go from the out house to penthouse and back again real quick.

Josh Bayko
06-07-2015, 10:29 PM

The Knob was super locked down that night and Josh qualified poorly. You know who else sucked that night? Bloomquist.

Rockets are still winning a big pile of local and regional races, and there's that thread floating around here that shows they're #1 or #2 in national touring wins on the year, despite having far less cars than they used to have on either tour. They had a bad weekend at Eldora. It happens.

george w
06-08-2015, 08:00 AM
I thought Brandon Sheppard seemed pretty racy for the most part over the weekend in his rocket, didnt always back up his solid heat finishes in the feature but im pretty sure he could a went the whole weekend without seeing a b-main id have to look back to be sure but i would consider the weekend he had above average for the most part ???

rc24
06-08-2015, 01:13 PM
Uhm Dennis Erb ran well all weekend. Which car was he in this weekend?

chupp n bloomer fan
06-08-2015, 02:12 PM
Uhm Dennis Erb ran well all weekend. Which car was he in this weekend?Club 29...

cutman
06-08-2015, 03:05 PM
Club 29...

Black Diamond

chupp n bloomer fan
06-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Black DiamondClub 29/Black Diamond/Stuckey/Lanigan

NormP
06-09-2015, 07:00 PM
Black Diamond

Black Diamond and Club 29 are two names for Lanigan's cars.

RayburnBaby
06-09-2015, 08:47 PM
Hustler said it lanigan is struggling because of trying to help customers an letting his own program slack a little. Think several drivers have tried this an it boils down to either you wanna race an be competitive or sell race cars. Not enough time in a day or week to be great at both I don't think.