PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pressure issues

CsR41
06-08-2015, 07:35 AM
355 on Willys 4412 2bbl.

Every once in a while I run out of fuel at the end of the straightaway. I have the fuel filter in the way that Willys says to.. But I'm wondering if the pump is creating enough vacuum that its pulling the filter in hard enough to close off the fuel flow.

Has anyone ever had this issue with the filter this way?

Willys says to put it in like this

Fuel flow ---> O====| NN ---> to carb

50j
06-08-2015, 07:45 AM
Have you tried to run it with it installed like everyone else does it? Spring and closed end toward fuel cell, open end toward carb.

CsR41
06-08-2015, 07:54 AM
Not yet. Going to replace the element this week, and put it in that way. This thing is costing me big time.

dirtplay18
06-08-2015, 11:22 AM
If you just have a stock psi pump, it does not have enough suction to pull enough fuel volume through a log type filter. With a stock psi pump, take the element out of the log, and put an in-line filter in the feed line between the carb and pump. Had this same problem myself and repaired it this way and haven't had another problem since. If you're not running a fuel pressure gauge, I highly recommend installing one. Good luck!

CsR41
06-08-2015, 11:40 AM
I do have a fuel pressure gauge and a RacePump pump. Set FP at 7psi at idle.

powerslide
06-08-2015, 02:15 PM
Most people say the stewart racepump is junk, not sure by that statement if you are saying you have a "Racing" pump or if that was the brand of the pump. I bought one but never put it on as we moved up to a class that allowed belt drives.