PDA

View Full Version : Father/Son Combo

jog49
06-08-2015, 07:04 PM
Davenport won The Dream in a Longhorn chassis that was "fixed/made competitive" by Kevin Rumley and powered by an engine put together by 79 year old Lee Roy Rumley. How cool is that?

Highside Hustler25
06-08-2015, 07:10 PM
I think the #6 thing was pretty cool.

Barbecueboy
06-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Davenport won The Dream in a Longhorn chassis that was "fixed/made competitive" by Kevin Rumley and powered by an engine put together by 79 year old Lee Roy Rumley. How cool is that?

Bout as cool as it gets......and so well deserved!!
They have been fielding some stout pieces for quite a while.

satrdaynitedreamin
06-09-2015, 12:20 PM
Watching Mr. Rumley work in the pits is something to see. I hope I am that spry at his age. It is great to see someone that has been at it so long still do what he does for the pure love of the sport. To remain competitive and put cars together that can win races on any given weekend...BONUS. Couldn't be happier for them.

Oley Wilkersen
06-09-2015, 12:36 PM

Thats way cool! But in my opinion (except for the engine) it's gotta be more gratifying building you own, then turning around and being the man to beat...

25drtrkr
06-09-2015, 07:37 PM
I,m not a JD fan, but I was glad to see Kevin and his dad win it!