PDA

View Full Version : Woodward rack in newer rocket?

jrkracing54
06-10-2015, 08:57 PM
Does anyone know if a new Woodward rack will fit into a newer Rocket without any modification to the cross member? I have to buy a new rack for my 2014 Rocket but not even the guy from Woodward was sure it would bolt right in. I see most Rockets come with Sweet racks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. John 1*

grt74
06-10-2015, 10:21 PM
don't know why it wouldn't,may have to space it up a little and adjust your bump but it should work

7uptruckracer
06-11-2015, 06:56 AM
Most are using the slotted rack eyes for bumpsteer now. The only thing you might have to buy is the hose relocation kit.

hucktyson
06-11-2015, 06:59 AM
Chassis builders use sweet because tony Woodward won't sell to them 50% list like sweet will. The Woodward is a 5 times better product that's less than twice the cost of sweet . A generic product sold cheap isn't value . A minor wheel bump and your sweet servo is junk you can knock the wall down with a Woodward , if you want to change the feel it's a 20 dollar torsion bar and 10 minutes time with a Woodward. It's like comparing a Chevy cobalt to an S class Mercedes . If for some reason the Woodward doesn't fit direct I would do what ever it takes to get it in there

lovinlatemodels
06-11-2015, 06:08 PM
I also agree I had 2 Woodward racks and that lasted through 4 cars over a course of 10 years with only 2 rebuilds in that time I wouldn't run anything else.

Brian Gray
06-11-2015, 09:13 PM
You need the Clevis rack and Woodward makes a spacer to raise it off the crossmember. Otherwise if you have a std slide you will have to notch the crossmember to clear the pinion boss.

7uptruckracer
06-12-2015, 10:39 AM
Still have to buy the stuff to reroute the hoses on the rack we did because of the raised cross member they are in the way