PDA

View Full Version : Bump Stops?

DoubleZero
06-11-2015, 08:38 AM
Is Bump-stop technology the new norm in dirt late models? Here's JD separated by a couple years. Car's attitude is totally different.

00Hdmn
06-11-2015, 09:19 AM
Spindles, alignment, bumps, stacked springs and front end design, not a single item.JMHO

Yep its multiple things..... the thought used to be to drive off the right rear now everything is based off the right front.

george w
06-11-2015, 12:05 PM
I know alot of guys are building there own front bumpers or cutting and moving things around to get the noses to set to there liking it appears that they'd rather keep the air at the nose vs running it across the rear deck. Pretty wild how 5 years ago the left rear is where alot of the forward bite was supposed to come from and everybody wanted to know what so an so was running across the rear on springs and how much rear % now it appears that if your not tipping over on your right front and dragging your valence your out to lunch...... its like they've taken the whole sidebite=forward bite to whole new level on the rf with the wild spindel combos along with everything mentioned above. Heres a question id like the answer to, how many guys in the top 5 in WOO an Lucas are building there own birdcages vs buying them??

DoubleZero
06-11-2015, 02:20 PM
It appears the extreme RF camber-gain is aimed more at getting the nose sealed. Air flow over the nose, and not under the car is now a high priority. Along these same lines, the open, no-drag, sail panels may be and effort to get the entire vehicle to rotate quicker. Also, this 'new' car requires a different driving technique. requiring the abandoning old habits, while developing new ones. Same is true of chassis design/theory. The sport appears to be at a new/different plateau.

hex8320
06-11-2015, 03:55 PM
The amount of rebound on the right front shock is actually holding the right front down.

DoubleZero
06-11-2015, 05:01 PM
Fergy.....same phenomena

huskerdirt
06-11-2015, 05:21 PM
If you look at many cars you will see this is being developed and used by half a dozen builders.

Yes..... Just about everybody is doing it now. I first noticed it on Kelly Boens car about 5-6 years ago. It's trickled down to even the local guys in my area are doing it. From Rockets to Missiles (Kyle Bercks creation). Monkey see..... Monkey do.

pig tracker
06-11-2015, 05:53 PM
It seems to me a lot of the difference in the first two pictures is the cars are not at the same position in corner. One looks to me to be off gas and the other one is on gas still. Am I not seeing this right?

MI Dirt Fan
06-11-2015, 06:52 PM
And we all thought carrying the left front tire was a major engineering breakthrough. lol